[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been sleep deprived for the last month because I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
So I've been sleep deprived for the last month because I can't seem to fall asleep. I don't spend all night thinking about how bad my life is, I just lay there feeling like shit and wanting to sleep so I don't have to feel this way any more.

I'm not a robot but I do know that many of you have similar problems. How do you guys deal with it? Is there a legal way to knock oneself out every night so they can at least be cognitive enough to talk to someone the next day? I'm not sure I'm depressed or some other equally overused meme, just tired and wanting to sleep.
>>
>>27240580
>can't sleep
>get sleeping pills
>abuse sleeping pills
>>
This is the reason I drink.
>>
>wut r sleeping pills
>>
I recommend magnesium and magnolia bark for sleep. Take both an hour before bedtime and you should be good. Taking a shower before bed, along with having a small knee pillow and an oversized plush blanket, helps as well.

And most importantly of all, get a king-sized pillow to cuddle with. Made sleeping infinitely easier for me, staves off the crippling loneliness just enough to be able to fall asleep.
>>
>>27240617
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO BACK TO THE WOODS YOU KNOW THAT SHIT DOESNT WORK
>>
Yes everybody in the world has a drink or smokes joint, it's a nightcap. Nobody can just go to sleep from nothing.
>>
>>27240580
Smoke weed.

Cliche advice but you can literally just smoke bowls until you fall asleep.

Stay hydrated and you won't have any kinds of hangovers. Sleeping pills will FUCK YOU UP. You don't even actually fall asleep on them. There is almost no rem activity when sleeping on pills and you'll feel like shit the next morning aswell as fucking up your liver.

If you don't want to smoke the weed either get a vape or edibles. I personally use bongs 80% of the time and I went from maybe 5 hours of sleep to 8-10 depending on how much I smoked and I never wake up in the middle of the night anymore either.

I'm doing fine without weed now too and think it had a huge psychological aspect that I somehow resolved now but even at my worst weed has never failed to gift me with solid, comfy sleep.

Oh, also turn off all lights especially monitors and make sure to only have something like whitenoise running in the background if you absolutely can't sleep in silence.
>>
>>27240632
Magnesium definitely works and is pretty well-known for its ability to lower blood pressure. Magnolia bark is more obscure but I've found it's actually much stronger than other sleep herbs like valerian, passionflower, kava etc. Valerian is estrogenic as hell too, sad how it's the most recommended sleep herb, magnolia is a fuckload better. But I do agree that many herbs have only a subtle effect, but the stronger ones are godsends.
>>
File: BdRKHK8IgAAhoO9[1].png (303 KB, 598x293) Image search: [Google]
BdRKHK8IgAAhoO9[1].png
303 KB, 598x293
>>27240690
pic related and originalal
>>
>>27240601
Doesn't work and makes me feel worse when I do get sleep

>>27240612
Alcohol makes everything worse for me

>>27240617
I've tried some of that and it has a minimal effect on me. I'll try the others.

>>27240690
I guess it can't hurt to try. I'll have to ask some friends of mine to sell me some so I can't try immediately but if it works I may try getting a prescription of the stuff. Do you know if the potency changes from medical grade to stoners backyard grade?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.