[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it make sense to try to live a completely logical life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1438142744348.png (466 KB, 482x444) Image search: [Google]
1438142744348.png
466 KB, 482x444
Does it make sense to try to live a completely logical life? I've been thinking about it, and I've concluded that the answer is no. To completely disregard my emotions does not make me happier. It is also impossible to define what is truly logical.

So I think I should stop living so ridigly, and analyzing everything. In a way "letting go" of the analytical nature of my mind and just living, warts and all. Has anyone else come to a similar conclusion? I'm done with trying to live the "right" way.
>>
The root of a logical tangent usually ends up being either unknown, an assumption or something irrational

It makes sense to at least a certain degree, using logic can help you sort out what you do know or what you think you know, at least
>>
>>27240464
The problem is you are looking for a "right" way to live, there is no right or wrong way
>>
>>27240464
I think I know that feel
I have just been following rules I was taught, to cope and get along with other people, yet what was logical conclusion for me, apparently wasn't for barely anybody else.
What is the use of such rules, if they won't be applied fully, but only to a certain degree, which may differ? Nonsense. I give up.
>>
>>27240464
I've never even heard of living "logically". What would that even imply? Recycling and not taking risks? To over analyze the world and others?

The most base emotion that I have encountered that I continually seek is being "content". If living logically makes you content, go for it.

You cannot always expect to be happy or any other emotion, but you can expect to be content with where you are and what you have in life.

Just try for that.
>>
>>27240464
I think there are right and wrong ways to live OP.
Maybe just make Your way and see if sometimes acting completely abstract gives good results.
People aren't logical, we only use logic for computers and maths and we can't even do that right.
>>
>>27240464

I do this too to an extent. I'd say in terms of everything but people it's good. You'll never be able to make sense of people or deconstruct them. Individuals maybe, but not people in general.

Trying to make systemic sense of human behavior as a whole is just futile. People don't make sense.
>>
>>27240464
What are some examples of the "right way" you've been living or trying to live?
>>
>>27241742
I think people make more sense than we might think. We don't have the benefit of being in anyone's heads but our own. And even then, how do you know you're not just full of shit and lying to yourself? I think people's cognitive biases (and straight up lies) are what make them difficult to understand. I think that if you try to be mercilessly honest with yourself about yourself, you'll be closer to feeling like things make sense, at least within yourself. When you observe the average person, it is really quite absurd to imagine that they are honest about or even aware of the reasons why they do things. In my opinion you have a higher chance of being honest with yourself than you do of getting honest iformation about someone else from the source.

Tl;dr: People are liars and it's confusing; don't be a liar.
>>
File: 1457762868057.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457762868057.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>27240464
Closing your mind to a certain degree it the only way to live happily among the normen scum. They won't appreciate your intellectual nature calling them on their hypocrisy. Also trying to analyze everything gets annoying at a point.

Just go with the flow brother.
>>
File: 1456603834979.jpg (729 KB, 1920x2133) Image search: [Google]
1456603834979.jpg
729 KB, 1920x2133
We will always die.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.