[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Weigh 250 lbs of fat >Everyone always says the 'calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 1338151505632.png (79 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1338151505632.png
79 KB, 500x599
>Weigh 250 lbs of fat
>Everyone always says the 'calories in, calories out' shit
>Decide "fuck it, i'll try it"
>Start jogging
>Eat only 2 meals a day, no more candy, cut out a lot of carbs
>Start working out
>1 month later
>Still fat as fuck

Why did I fall for the "just eat less" meme?
>>
>*normie voice* ANON JUST EAT LESS AND YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT! ITS EASY!!

Is this a joke to normies? Do they like to see me suffer?
>>
get myfittnesspal or loseit and carefully track your calories. your intuitions about how many calories are in things is probably way off. mine was.

also, on a healthy diet/exercise you will lose about 1-1.5 pounds per week, maybe a little more if you're 250. so it will take a while.

also even if you're on a downward trend your weight can fluctuate a lot within the day. try to be consistent with when you weigh yourself regarding time of day, what you've eaten, etc.
>>
You didnt get fat in one month itll take more then a month to fix it
>>
>>27239441
You probably still eating shit food. Eating twice a day isn't going to get your to loose weight. If those two meals are unhealty foods.
>>
>>27239441
>expecting results in a single month
You have to understand that it's a lifestyle change. You can't just diet/workout until your thin and then never have to do it ever again. If you did lose some weight in that one month and then stopped, you would put the weight straight back on.
>>
How many hundreds of months have you degraded and mistreated your body? You expect it to change on just one? Do what you're doing for 10 months, there will be change.
>>
>>27239441
Cut everything except for lean and lean cooked meats, water and some fruits and veggies. Eat regular meals, drink plenty, exercise
>>
>>27239478
>track your calories
Is this a meme? How am I supposed to know how many calories there are in food my mum makes for me?
>>
>>27239441
>1 month
i swear fatties are a special kind of retard
>>
>>27239479
That's false I got fat in one month, gained about 50lbs.
>>
dude this shit takes some time, you've probably lost some pounds already and it'd be a shame if you gave up now thinking it's all hopeless.
>>
>>27239441
>Still fat as fuck
Listen, pallie, here are a few hints
- in the first month with good, solid effort you are going to lose between 2-10 lbs
- at certain points your weight will go UP because muscle is more dense than fat; you'll LOOK better, feel better, be healthier - and weigh more

so - grasp the fact that it can take you 4-6 years to lose all the weight you want.
>>
>>27239550
huh? ask her what the ingredients are? these apps have little scanners, you can scan the bar code package it comes in if it has a bar code, and if its veggies or meat you just find that food and input it into the ap. its very easy.

and even if its not exact you will learn a lot about nutrition. for instance, there's a huge difference between foods that satisfy you/make you feel full and foods that have high calories. a single piece of bread and 4 huge carrots have the same number of calories, but the carrots will keep you satisfied for hours, you won't even notice the bread. you have to train yourself to reject these "trap" foods like bread in favor of good options like veggies and lean meats. calorie counting will help with this.
>>
>dont have any money
>so i just eat oatmeal and veggies
>weigh 245lbs at 6'4
>lose 5lbs in two weeks
>havent left my appartment
>all of this from not eating candy

CALORIES IN AND CALORIES OUT YOU FAT FUCK
>>
>>27239441
>expects to get to a reasonable weight after one month
sideius explodius
>>
>>27239441
>>27239441
u need to eat more whole foods, fruits and vegetables less meat more carbs, less refined sugar
>>
>>27239441
You stupid fuck you have to keep on doing it. Its not gonna magically help you.
>>
You're eating too much, fatty. Count your calories and you will lose weight, period.
>>
>>27239441
lol I used to weigh 260 pounds, it took me about two years to lose 100 pounds, it took a long time for you to build all that fat up, it will take a long time to lose it.
>>
>>27239441
It doesn't matter how many times a day you eat, what matters is how many calories you consume in those meals. You're obviously not counting right.

t. someone who cut 45lb in 3 months
>>
Keep at it, goy. If you stop buying exercise clothing, memberships, and equipment or quit eating high profit-margin health food, I won't be able to afford another mansi- I mean, you won't "feel good."
>>
>>27239441 "calories in, calories out" doesnt know how many calories he is eating... I lost 40 pounds in 6 months while doing nothing but reducing how much I ate. Vegis were the trick for me since I like to eat lots of food.
>>
File: obese8n-3-web.jpg (41 KB, 970x684) Image search: [Google]
obese8n-3-web.jpg
41 KB, 970x684
>>27239441

Count calories. Make sure that everything is correct - look up online/read nutrition labels for the calorie content of everything that you eat, beverages included. Fat people are notoriously bad at estimating their calorie intake. Also know what a serving size is and calculate accordingly. Many foods come with multiple servings per package, so always look at how many servings are inside and not just the calories. Know how many calories you need to maintain your weight, and eat at least 500 less than that. You'll probably have to re-calculate this when you've lost some weight.

Eating a lot of vegetables and fruit help, they are low in calories and help fill you up. Lean meats are good too.

Also, you might only lose a pound or two a week, depending on how hard you go at it. You might have lost a bit already, but you're so big that it doesn't really show much. Weight loss takes time.

Jogging is really good though, keep doing that.
>>
>>27239441
It's not a meme. If you eat less than it takes to maintain your weight, you will lose fat. It's just physics. Also you said you're still a fatass but surely if you've been doing it right you lost SOME weight. How much have you lost? Get on the fucking scale every week fatty. Also are you tracking your calories? How big are your portions? You have to track your caloric intake if you want to lose fat past a certain point.

Bookmark this shit. It's the sticky from fit. Get memes out of your head and work on being the best YOU that you can starting today. You don't have forever.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part1
>>
You really wanna lose weight?

Stop eating

Anorexia is terrible but it works
>>
The real secret is to cut out all sugar and eat more protein and veggies. You may also be greatly underestimating the number of calories in the food you're eating. There are a lot of foods that are deceptively high in calories while small in form.
>>
File: 1416063326435.jpg (38 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1416063326435.jpg
38 KB, 550x512
failed /fit/fag reject here

can you cut without doing the macro thing? tracking calories is already enough of a pain in the ass, having to track the fucking carbs, protein and fat in everything would make it a fucking quadratic pain in the ass

i went on a dreamer bulk and now i have to lose 30-40 more pounds to be lean, vascular etc

i've been eating less food overall and more meat, lost about 10 pounds so far
>>
>>27239799
>can you cut without doing the macro thing?

yeah, if you don't care about keeping muscle mass
>>
>>27239824
why would i lose muscle mass if i eat lots of meat and continue lifting and maintain my lifts?
>>
Eat 1500 calories a day.
>>
>>27239441
>>27239550
Take a weeklong evaluation of what you eat. If you don't know what's in a meal or how many calories are in the components of a meal, eat less of the meal. Home cooking is good, but it can also be more calorie dense than you might expect.
Cut out fruit juices and sodas, or at least reduce them. They do very little to make you less hungry, and are functionally calorie dense.

>>27239752
this is bullshit. starvation will cause your body to react differently than being fed, but at a caloric deficit.
Jogging is good, but lifting weights is better. Get yourself a gym membership if you can, or start practicing bodyweight exercises. Since you're saying you're fat, you'll probably have to do less intense, adapted versions, but they're worth it.
>>
>>27239833
You said you don't care about your marcros, I assumed that means you'd shovel fast food into your mouth. If you eat meat + veggies that's pretty much perfect.
>>
I'm not defending OP, but calories in/out IS a meme. The human body isn't a closed system with 100% efficiency. Theoretically, calories could pass through your system unused.

Plus, there are other hormonal factors that directly interact with FAT mass vs. lean body mass, the former of which you'll want to be losing.
>>
File: notme.jpg (38 KB, 581x503) Image search: [Google]
notme.jpg
38 KB, 581x503
>>27239830
But 250lbs is fat (pic related, guy on the left is 250lbs).
>>
>>27239799
Yes, you can absolutely cut without tracking the macros. You'll probably lose some muscle mass in the process, but you can.
If your problem was trying to track ALL the macros, then don't do it. Trying to keep track of all your fats and carbs is dumb. Try to hit a caloric deficit with about 30% of your calories coming from protein. There are 4 calories per gram of protein.
If you can do about 1-1.25 grams protein/kg of bodyweight, that's a fairly functional metric for cutting while retaining muscle.
It might be a little tedious to track it at first, but you'll get into a pattern of low calorie/protein dense foods to help your goals.
>>
>>27239857
no, not fast food

i cant cook for shit so i usually just eat simple things. plain breasts, greek yogurt, lots of fruit, sardines, canned chicken, beef, etc soup, eggs, bacon, wheat toast.

i have tv dinners and digiorno pizza in my freezer for if i get lazy, but that's the worst thing i'll eat. don't drink soda or anything

i do need to eat more greens, and stop drinking alcohol though. it's not like i get drunk often, but even 2 drinks of vodka and diet soda is like 200 calories, and that adds up
>>
>>27239799

honestly i've been cutting successfully on a low protein diet because im too lazy to eat good food

youll lose more muscle mass, but it works
>>
>>27239799
Stop eating bread, drinking anything but water and maybe the occasional black coffee, fastfood/takeout, or anything that comes in a box or has been otherwise processed. Eat only food that you can cook from natural ingredients such as lean meat and fresh veggies and portions no larger than what can fit on a saucer place. Eat slow, chew your food and don't go back for seconds. Leave the table comfortable but not stuffed. Sip water all day. Get a cheap digital scale and weigh your food. As you lose more weight (assuming you're fat here), you'll have to put in more effort to get the body you want but this will get you started without the overwhelming tedium of tracking macros. If you're skinnyfat and want to put on muscle mass, there's really no getting around the fact that you'll have to track macros.
>>
Fantastic bait op, excellent marksmanship
>>
>>27239967
This. It's obviously bait but if it gets /r9k/ talking about fitness and self-improvement, it's a good thing. OP himself is less important than the lurkers who can still be convinced to love themselves.
>>
>>27239571

Just so you know, a lb of fat takes 3500 calories of energy to synthesize. Meaning you had to eat about 5800 calories OVER your body's needs every single day. For comparison I eat around 2500 calories daily to maintain weight as a 185 lb man.

I guess what I'm saying is you are either lying or were pouring cake batter down your throat with a funnel.
>>
>>27239952
im not skinnyfat, that's what i used to be

i bulked up and got to this weird builtfat state where i'm not quite a fatass but don't look fit either, just kind of strong

what im trying to do here is drop bodyfat% im at 20-25 want to be 10
>>
>>27239908
1 vodka is 250 kcal, actually.
>>
File: vawdkah.png (9 KB, 480x136) Image search: [Google]
vawdkah.png
9 KB, 480x136
>>27240026
i use the little nip bottles (50ml) and pour that into a cup of diet pepsi. so it's like 110 per drink because the diet pepsi is 0 calories
>>
>>27239441
>works out for 1 month
>expects massive results
even if you only lose 5lbs a month thats awesome, especially if you are lifting weights since that'll gain you muscle mass
>>
>>27239991
No my metabolism fucked up. My body probably only burns 500 calories a day, anything over 500 I gain weight. This is why Calories in vs Calories out is a bullshit meme science.
>>
>>27240116
>my metabolism fucked up
you're a retard
>Calories in vs Calories out is a bullshit meme science
you're an idiot
>>
>>27240116
Yeah, you're full of shit. I don't know who you think you're fooling.
>>
1. How big are those meals
2. How often do you jog a week
3. How long do you jog

Get a PT if you have to.
>>
>>27240116
Bullshit fag, you NEED a flat 1200 calories or so daily just so your body can breath and do basic functions as a regular sized male.
>>
>>27240116

See thats the thing, even if you are some genetic marvel who DID only burn 500 calories a day, which is insanely insanely unlikely for biological and evolutionary reasons, that still means you were eating 6300 calories a day, or roughly 3 times what a normal adult male eats.

No matter what your metabolism it is impossible to create energy out of nothing. That is the simple first law of thermodynamics which is one of the most consistent and verifiable scientific laws.

If you really gained 50 lbs in a month without eating insane amounts of food, please, go to your local university, have your body studied, and enjoy being a part of the next nobel prize in physics, because you can apparently completely revolutionize our understanding of energy conversion.
>>
>>27239441
Calories in calories out isn't really true. It is much more important to eat the right food. Go full vegan for a while and see.

Also jogging isnt a great exercise
>>
>>27239550
the rule i made for myself is if it can't be counted you probably shouldn't eat it

so now i've been eating almost exclusively crap out of boxes and cans, and lost about 5 lbs this month
>>
>>27240480
>vegan
L M A O
>>
>>27239550

Protip: A good diet will cost you more.

The first step is realizing that you're fat because of YOUR FUCKING PARENTS.

They fed you as a kid. They portion controlled.

YOUR PARENTS ARE CANCER AND THE REASON YOU'RE FAT. STOP EATING THEIR FAT FUCK FOOD.

Once you've got that in your head, and you have the money.....buy your own food, and control your portions.

This can be done via cooking, or it can be done via fast food, if you're super lazy. But you've gotta get in the habit of reading the labels of everything you eat, and learning to cut yourself off.
>>
File: 1436611711106.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1436611711106.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>stopped eating candy
>>
>>27240480
as far as weight loss is concerned, calories are the only thing that matter. what you eat isn't important, although whole plant foods are lower in calories so it can help in that regard
>>
File: 1441875459910.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1441875459910.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
>>27239441
went from 257 to 225 so far after 3 months.
my thighs no longer chafe in jeans and its easier to put socks on.
>feelsgoodman
>>
I actually tried the lifting and cardio meme and it is working better than expected
>overall more muscle mass
>less fat
>had orgy with girls we met at the beach and
they were commenting on our bodies

If you want it bad enough, you'll get it anon. You have to have patience, i've been doing it for 3 months now and I am just now seeing
substantial fat loss and abs coming in. I also
have worked out every single day for the last
3 months except a few days here and there. I am slowly transcending into normie, or at least
trying
>>
losing weight takes time; weigh yourself once a week tops and you'll notice it going down.

I checked my weight first time outta highschool christmas before last and I freaked the hell out since I wasn't expecting to see 220

now I only weigh 194~ tops and I'm still losing weight, and I'm not doing anything particularly different than before outside of eating and working at my grandparent's house a few times a month. I would probably lose more weight if I walked in the park every few days.

but we don't share bodies, so perhaps there's some biological difference? Don't give up over a month bro
>>
>>27239551
"Reeeeeeee I've spent my entire life fucking my body up, why didn't this three day miracle juice cleanse fix decades of disgusting and gluttonous behavior?!"

It's all that fat clogging their brain
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.