[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /ignore/? >someone I don't like (roommate,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1456077058367.jpg (681 KB, 2544x2050) Image search: [Google]
1456077058367.jpg
681 KB, 2544x2050
Who here /ignore/?

>someone I don't like (roommate, older brother, people in adjacent room, people around me start talking about something I don't like, don't want to hear people in general, etc) starts making noise
>immediately put in noise attenuating ear plugs and slip on noise-isolating headphones
>turn up tunes to a level just below the threshold that damages my hearing in the case of prolonged exposure (around 75db)
>drown them the fuck out

They literally cannot do a damn thing about it.
>>
>>27238988
That's pretty autistic desu
>>
What is the purpose of this fucking thread?

It's common fucking sense to just ignore something or someone you don't like if you can. I do this shit all the time. People do this shit all the time. It's basic as fuck.

Why do you feel special for doing something that everyone does?

Why did you make this retarded thread?

>inb4 why didn't you just take your advice and ignore it if you don't like it
Because I'm curious as to why you think this makes you special in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>27239177
I don't think it's autism, though.

Maybe you could classify it as schizoid-like behavior, though.
>>
I ignore the girl I raped
>>
>>27239356
How long have you been here?

It's a "who here /X/" thread.

It's meant to generate discussion around /x/. Sort of like a name your topic thread.

Yes, everyone ignores people, we get it pal. Cool your jets. I have no idea why you're getting so salty about this innocuous post.
>>
>>27239387
I know what it is. I know it's a meme but a discussion around this is so incredibly unwarranted because of how pedestrian it is.

It's like unironically asking "Who here /pizza/," or "Who here /videogames/."

This thread is a fucking retarded waste of space.
>>
>>27238988
I'm gonna ignore what you said by asking for sauce
>>
>>27239360
It's not autistic or schizoidal.

Don't inflate this regard's sense of being a special fucking snowflake.
>>
>>27239360

I don't know what doubles' reasoning was, but I agree with his assessment. Most people drown out things they disagree with by just mentally ignoring it, while OP went through the effort of figuring out the decibel ratings for his headset and immediately plugs them in to create a safe space if things that bother him appear.
>>
>>27239465
That's not autism, you fucking retard. He's still conscious that people are being bothersome and isn't flipping out.

The means through which one filters things they don't like don't fucking matter. We're talking about fucking music here.

People do this shit all the fucking time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.