[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for anyone who is NEET or works a shitty menial job:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1453871212059.jpg (60 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1453871212059.jpg
60 KB, 960x960
Question for anyone who is NEET or works a shitty menial job: How do you live with your life?

If I'm not working on a challenging project or studying for a career that contributes to a worthy cause I'd feel worthless and depressed. You guys seem to deal with it just fine (lots of you, at least).
Also, I feel the need to make my family proud. I've spent about 20 years just taking from them and so I should make my parents feel like their time, effort and money was worth it.

Do you want to get a better career or are you content with the way you are? What do your parents think of your situation? I'm not mad at you, just curious.
>>
I have failed to off myself.

New project: generating money and fuck the system up

My mother has lost tons of money investing stocks with the Dot-Com bubble.

I am gonna get it all back, tenfolds.

Not much needed, just be informed about the stocks you invest and have a (jew) nose for money opportunity.
>>
>>27238761
>NEET here
I felt severely more worthless and depressed when I had wage cuck jobs
>>
File: the basement ain't that bad.jpg (76 KB, 512x268) Image search: [Google]
the basement ain't that bad.jpg
76 KB, 512x268
>Do you want to get a better career or are you content with the way you are?
I was pretty sheltered growing up so I never really had any responsibilities and all my needs were cared for, so I never really developed any desires outside of the comfort of my home (or currently apartment). Developed an alcohol problem a few years back and I'm probably going to rehab next month if I get through the interview for it. Mostly I just want a steady supply of money from some other source than my parents, but they have problems letting go and I apparently own some minor shares in my dad's company that I can't really sell to anyone and he doesn't want to buy them and doesn't understand why I would want to detach myself from their care and I get called insane in the process.

>What do your parents think of your situation?
Apparently worried to death. Mom called me crying the other day that she couldn't sleep the previous night at all because she thought of me.

I wonder what sort of an effect my suicide would have on them.
>>
>tfw you try your best but the best job you managed to secure is a 16,000 GBP job that you can barely survive on

The only alternative is being homeless though
>>
>>27239053
Why don't you move back to your parents?
I'm turning 20, my mom literally don't want me to move out at all. Says she wants to start a business later on and wants me and whatnot. I pay nothing for her except car insurance each month. It helps that i don't have any siblings, live with my mom and her partner, both of them are pretty chill, mentally stable, and don't really argue.
>>
I do want a better lifestyle but Im just too much of a worthless piece of shit to get a better lifestyle.

My parents are still hanging on to the retarded belief that im going to make something of myself. I'm going to community college right now slowly working towards a fucking associates degree so my parents can believe im doing SOMETHING.
I need to get back with my ex girlfriend.
>>
>Move in with my gf and her parents
>They want us to be NEET
>We finally decide to get jobs
>No where to work
>>
>>27239294
>Move in with my gf and her parents
>They want us to be NEET
How did you end up in such a situation? Do share tips pls
>>
NEET here - laid off 2 months ago

Life is pretty good, these days. Stress is lower than in my working days and I'm keeping busy.

As for career, I've "been there done that" and it's time to move on.

I think the real trick to NEETdom is to plan for it beforehand so you don't have money troubles. Then, heck, do what you want!
>>
>>27238761
There is no point to life. I used to think that the only meaning in life was to contribute something, and failing that, to have children who would eventually contribute something.

But the Sun's going to explode, all the stars will fade and the universe will slowly die long after humans stop being able to exist. Theres no point in playing a long game when the longer game still ends in failure.
So theres no meaning in the universe. Great. So what do I live for?
Well I can't kill myself because survival instinct. I hate work of any kind because its always so tedious and uninteresting. So I want to be a hedonist. I'll play all the games I want, watch all the movies I want, minimize my time doing work, and live in comfort. So yeah I'm going to college in order to get some kind of job, but I couldn't give less of a shit about contributing because I know I'm not going to contribute anything no matter how hard I try, and I don't value my life, and wouldn't force life on another. I'm perfectly content being a NEET with no viable alternative lifestyles.
>>
>>27239148
because I don't have any family
>>
>>27239407
My gf is a 3/10 and I took her virginity so she won't leave me. Her parents spoil her and they let me move in. It's fucking horrible.
They are hoarders though and waste money all the time. I can bang their daughter but I can't afford vidya or anything
>>
it's even worse when you find out what you'd like to do in life but got too old to pursue it realistically
>>
I tried to kill myself at 18 and ended up giving myself brain damage, but i'm still the only one who knows. I was unwillingly a NEET for 2 years because I didnt have a car, and had to re-learn how the world works pretty much. Every second of those 2 years were hell, and I was pretty much coming up with a new plan for suicide every other day but pussied out every time.

Litterally the week I started checking off that I had reliable transportation on my applications, I got a job.

Trying to kill myself ruined my life dude. Dont do it, its not easy to pull off. You might get lucky like me and survive with no witnesses, but if anyone finds out that you tried to kill yourself its game over bro. They will put you in a looney bin and medicate you until youre "recovered".

And my parents are proud of me because I am fully independant and dont need them for anything. But neither of my parents ever paid attention to me when i needed them as a kid. I lived with my dad and barely saw my mom so the only conversations i had were with the neighborhood kids and only one of them (excluding me) was white.

So, I ended up talking and dressing very oddly for a white person and at a litterally 95% white school i was a fucking weirdo.

I had a hardcore gamer drunk dad, he was always playing some bullshit computer game instead of talking to me and teaching me to be a man. He was the one who was supposed to be raising me because i wouldnt see my mom for months at a time. And i have an albino brother who would kick my ass all the time when we were younger but hes chill now hes one of the only genuinely good ones in my family.

Sorry for the rant lol but ive never posted anything like this before. I didnt even start using 4chan until this week.

If anyone wants to ask me about attempting to live a normal life after a suicide attempt, I'll answer anything that doesnt give away my identity
>>
>>27238761
26 year old NEET here. Never had a job, KHHV, etc.

I do feel worthless and depressed, but I'm not capable of doing anything meaningful with my life that I would actually enjoy, and my life has been rather easy thus far since my parents take care of me, so I haven't found the motivation to end it.
>>
>>27239294
>>Move in with my gf and her parents
>>They want us to be NEET

I want this.
>>
>>27240115
>brain damage
Do you still have any symptoms?

Your post is very well written and thought out, far more so than the vast majority of the population seems to be able to manage these days, so it's hard to imagine you ever had brain damage.
>>
>Do you want to get a better career or are you content with the way you are?

I think there's just more to life than being career driven, I also feel that there's more to a man that what he does for a living.
I didn't get a choice being brought into this strange world, now I'm here it's like I'm supposed to conform to some social standard in a society which has always rejected me and treated me as an outsider?
I am just happy experiencing things, I don't care about making lots of money and buying things to make Jews even more money, that whole system doesn't interest me I just want a girlfriend though, that's what makes me sad.

I'm a very soulful and earthy person, society and stuff doesn't really interest me, I guess I'm more spiritually driven than career driven.
>>
>>27238761
>Also, I feel the need to make my family proud

This is probably a deciding factor. I dislike my family to the point where I've sabotaged my own well being to make them feel shitty. My dad lived off of unemployment, social security, and demanding money from his kids. When he bitched at me or tried to motivate me it just made me want to NEET out in resentment. I had to see my mom go from being a perfect housewife, smart and beautiful, to a completely dysfunctional drug addict who dates abusive ex-convicts. My brothers are all chads who get fucked up every night and have done nothing but make me feel like shit all my life.

So yeah, it's hard for me to give a shit. The thought of my family being proud of me makes me want to fap to hentai all day.
>>
>>27240374
I like you anon.

Would happily talk about life and the universe with you
>>
File: 1456695457266.jpg (23 KB, 482x453) Image search: [Google]
1456695457266.jpg
23 KB, 482x453
>>27240284
Its rough anon. We don't have internet/TV so I have to steal WiFi at McDonalds. Plus fucking gets boring real quick
>>
I didn't ask to be born. My parents took a gamble and they lost, now they have to deal with the consequences. I'm going to kill myself one day but I'm riding this meal ticket until then.
>>
>>27240307#

Yeah i have panic attacks constantly throughout the day where i just stare at nothing and become unaware of my surroundings, but when im at work someone usually snaps me out of it. I just say some shit like "oh yeah i was just spacing out sorry", and i know they think im fucking weird but if i ever try to talk about my anxiety attacks with anyone then i get a horrible one immediately and cant even talk about it.

I get panic attacks when people try to talk to me all the time and i have to pretend like i know what theyre saying. So i make shit awkward a fucking lot and it ruins my social life. Most people think im an antisocial asshole but really im the farthest thing from that. My anxiety attacks make it seem like i just dont want to talk to anyone. But i cant go to a doctor because nobody can know i tried killing myself

Oh and all this shit is well written because i have been taking a very very long time to type this shit out. Usually when i type i have really shitty grammar and just wanna get my point out there, but i was told not to come in to work today because id have too many hours this week so i dont have anything better to do lol.

But generally in life, I try extremely hard to make it seem like I dont have any brain damage. I know for a fact people think i'm weird but i get along with generally everybody but people like to talk shit.

Everyday tasks that are super easy for most people are difficult for me because my brain works differently now. I try so hard to better myself but most people dont realize it because i dont have all the common sense in the world. Well that and the many random panic attacks i get througought the day.

The only thing that makes them happen less is weed, but they still happen. So whenever i have weed im almost constantly high, and i hate myself for it. But the last time i went more than 2 months without weed was when i tried to kill myself so im kind of afraid to quit for good to be honest.
>>
>>27240940
I see.

Well at least you're trying.

I'm probably going to be a NEET loser until I die and I don't even have brain damage as an excuse, just my own failures.
>>
>>27238840
>I felt severely more worthless and depressed when I had wage cuck jobs
Same here. I've never felt more miserable than when working wage cuck jobs
>>
>>27240901
what kind of cat is this
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.