[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attention r9k: The cure to robothood is NARDIL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: nardil-tablets-secret-weapon.jpg (14 KB, 255x282) Image search: [Google]
nardil-tablets-secret-weapon.jpg
14 KB, 255x282
Nardil (chemical name phenelzine). This medication is amazing. It came out in the 1960s but is FAR more effective than modern SSRIs. Not only will it take depression completely away, but it is the most effective medication for social anxiety that exists. Doctors are very reluctant to give it out because they think it's 'dangerous' (it's not).

This medication saved my life. Allowed me to stop being NEET and go back to university. Used to be a spaghetti-spilling autist, but I can now cold approach girls walking down the street and confidently talk to them while looking at them straight in the eyes. No longer is anything spilled.

You robots have no idea what you're missing.
>>
I just shrivels up your dick, causes incredible weight-gain and makes you grow huge mantits, right?
>>
>henelzine (Nardil, Nardelzine) is a non-selective and irreversible monoamine oxidase inhibitor
>irreversible
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
>>27238433
Only at first, for a small percent, no.
>>
>>27238404
>doctors are wrong, don't listen to them
>listen to me the random guy on the internet who hasn't gone to medical school and is only using my own personal experiences as "proof"
>>
>>27238450
'Irreversible' does not mean what you think it means in this context. Read further.
>>
>>27238468
You don't understand. This medication is raved about on social anxiety forums. My recommendation is not just based on my experience alone.

E.g. http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/nardil-comprehensive-anecdotal-experiences-and-interesting-information-1756201/
>>
>>27238404
> Doctors are very reluctant to give it out because they think it's dangerous
> (it's not)
thanks anonymous stranger on an anime imageboard, i'll be sure to go out and take some right away.
>>
I'm not gonna shit on your newfound confidence but phenelzine is an extremely potent MAOI with a long list of severe side effects.

>Doctors are very reluctant to give it out because they think it's 'dangerous' (it's not).

It really is friend. I have a lot of experience with drug use and believe me fucking with your monoamine is something you don't want to do. I would have a talk with your doctor about the long term or unexpected risks that come with using the sledgehammer tier antidepressants that were replaced by tricyclics and SSRIs for being too dangerous.
>>
>>27238404
Do you stick it up your butt or do you grind it and snort it?
>>
>>27238557
Uh, they say it's dangerous b/c you have to avoid certain foods and OTC meds if you're on it, otherwise your blood pressure will go through the roof. But avoiding those things is beyond simple. Doctors are just really afraid of getting sued.

It has bad sides but only for a couple of months. They all go away. After that the sides are less than SSRIs (SSRIs will give you a dead dick which will NEVER go away while you're on them).
>>
>MAOIs
Pls no. Pls don't come to my pharmacy with that shit. I don't wanna go to jail.
Seriously bro that shit has so many deadly drug interactions that our computer will explode with warnings the second we type up that script. Whenever I give you this shit I have to worry about whether or not you'll die of serotonin syndrome from taking a Sudafed or something equally innocuous.
>>
>>27238621
Avoiding all that stuff is beyond easy. But yeah, malpractice litigation is so common in the US that docs/pharmacists are afraid of being sued 24/7, so it is hard to get if you're in the US. This post is a good example.

I live in Canada and it's pretty easy to get here. I just went to a walk-in clinic and got it.
>>
Hypertensive Crisis & Tyramine

Patients taking MAOIs generally need to change their diets to limit or avoid foods and beverages containing tyramine. If large amounts of tyramine are consumed, they may suffer hypertensive crisis, which can be fatal.[3] Examples of foods and beverages with potentially high levels of tyramine include liver and fermented substances, such as alcoholic beverages and aged cheeses.[25] (See a List of foods containing tyramine).

Tyramine leads to hypertensive crisis by increasing the release of norepinephrine (NE), which causes blood vessels to constrict (through binding to alpha-1 adrenergic receptors).[26] Ordinarily, MAO-A would destroy the excess NE. When MAO-A is inhibited, though, NE levels get too high, leading to dangerous increases in blood pressure.

Foods containing considerable amounts of tyramine include meats that are potentially spoiled or pickled, aged, smoked, fermented, or marinated (some fish, poultry, and beef); most pork (except cured ham). Other foods containing considerable amounts of tyramine are chocolate; alcoholic beverages; and fermented foods, such as most cheeses (except ricotta, cottage, cream and Neufchatel cheeses), sour cream, yogurt, shrimp paste, soy sauce, soybean condiments, teriyaki sauce, tempeh, miso soup, sauerkraut, kimchi, broad (fava) beans, green bean pods, Italian flat (Romano) beans, snow peas, edamame, avocados, bananas, pineapple, eggplants, figs, red plums, raspberries, peanuts, Brazil nuts, coconuts, processed meat, yeast, an array of cacti and the holiday plant mistletoe.
>>
Drug Interactions

The most significant risk associated with the use of MAOIs is the potential for interactions with over-the-counter and prescription medicines, illicit drugs or medications, and some supplements (e.g., St. John's wort, tryptophan). It is vital that a doctor supervise such combinations to avoid adverse reactions. For this reason, many users carry an MAOI-card, which lets emergency medical personnel know what drugs to avoid. (E.g., adrenaline dosage should be reduced by 75%, and duration is extended.)[25]

Tryptophan supplements should not be consumed with MAOIs as the potentially fatal serotonin syndrome may result.[29]

MAOIs should not be combined with other psychoactive substances (antidepressants, painkillers, stimulants, both legal and illegal etc.) except under expert care. Certain combinations can cause lethal reactions, common examples including SSRIs, tricyclics, MDMA, meperidine,[30] tramadol, and dextromethorphan.[citation needed] Agents with actions on epinephrine, norepinephrine, or dopamine must be administered at much lower doses due to potentiation and prolonged effect.

Nicotine, a substance frequently implicated in tobacco addiction, has been shown to have "relatively weak" addictive properties when administered alone.[31] The addictive potential increases dramatically after co-administration of an MAOI, which specifically causes sensitization of the locomotor response in rats, a measure of addictive potential.[32][33] This may be reflected in the difficulty of smoking cessation, as tobacco contains naturally-occurring MAOI compounds in addition to the nicotine.
>>
>>27238669
The problem is not exclusively in litigation though. Do you know all the things that can trigger serotonin syndrome in patients on MAOIs? That list is huge and includes things like even small amounts of alcohol (wine), cheese, chocolate, coffee, yogurt, pickled herring (lel), liver, yeast of any kind, any foods containing certain aminoacids like tryptophan or tyrosine, medications like sudafed, DXM, most opiods, most other antidepressants, amphetamines and other ADHD drugs, cocaine etc.
Basically you have to be ridiculously careful with your diet to make sure you're safely taking MAOIs and nobody wants to be the one to make the call to let you take a medication like this home when just eating some cheese is enough to make some people on it drop dead.
>>
Listing of interactions

The MAOIs are infamous for their numerous drug interactions, including the following kinds of substances:

Substances that are metabolized by monoamine oxidase, as they can be boosted by up to several-fold.
Substances that increase serotonin, norepinephrine, or dopamine activity, as too much of any of these neurochemicals can result in severe acute consequences, including serotonin syndrome, hypertensive crisis, and psychosis, respectively.

Such substances that can react with MAOIs include:

Phenethylamines: 2C-B, Mescaline, Phenethylamine (PEA), etc.
Amphetamines: Amphetamine,[39] MDMA, Dextroamphetamine, Methamphetamine, DOM, etc.
Tryptamines: DMT, Psilocin/Psilocybin ("Magic Mushrooms"), etc.
Lysergamides: Ergolines/LSA, LSD ("Acid"), etc.
Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and/or Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors:
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs): Citalopram, Dapoxetine, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine, Paroxetine, Sertraline.
Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs): Desvenlafaxine, Duloxetine, Milnacipran, Venlafaxine.
Norepinephrine-Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors (NDRIs): Amineptine, Bupropion, Methylphenidate, Nomifensine.
Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (NRIs): Atomoxetine, Mazindol, Reboxetine.
Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs): Amitriptyline, Butriptyline, Clomipramine, Desipramine, Dosulepin, Doxepin, Imipramine, Lofepramine, Nortriptyline, Protriptyline, Trimipramine.
>>
^LOL that food list is totally outdated. I eat almost everything on there. The true food avoidance list is: strong cheeses, aged meats, tap beer, fava beans/pea pods. That's basically everything.

Again, avoiding OTC medications is easy as hell.
>>
Tetracyclic Antidepressants (TeCAs): Amoxapine, Maprotiline.
Phenylpiperidine derivative Opioids: Meperidine/Pethidine, Tramadol, Methadone, Fentanyl, Dextropropoxyphene, Propoxyphene.
Others: Brompheniramine, Chlorpheniramine, Cocaine, Cyclobenzaprine, Dextromethorphan (DXM), Ketamine, MDPV, Nefazodone, Phencyclidine (PCP), Pheniramine, Sibutramine, Trazodone.
Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and/or Dopamine Releasers: 4-Methylaminorex (4-MAR), Amphetamine, Benzphetamine, Cathine, Cathinone, Diethylcathinone, Ephedrine, Levmetamfetamine, Lisdexamfetamine, MDMA ("Ecstasy"), Methamphetamine, Pemoline, Phendimetrazine, Phenethylamine (PEA), Phentermine, Propylhexedrine, Pseudoephedrine, Phenylephrine, Tyramine.
Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and/or Dopamine Supplemental Precursors: 5-HTP, L-DOPA, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine.
Local and general anesthetic in surgery and dentistry in particular those containing Epinephrine. There is no universally taught or accepted practice regarding dentistry and use of MAOIs such as Phenelzine and it is, therefore, vital to inform all clinicians especially dentists of the potential effect of MAOIs and Local Anesthesia. In preparation for dental work, withdrawal from Phenelzine is specifically advised, however since this takes two weeks it is not always a desirable or practical option. Dentists using Local Anesthesia are advised to use a non-epinephrine anesthetic such as Carbocaine at a level of 3%. Specific attention should be paid to blood pressure during the procedure and the level of the anesthetic should be regularly and appropriately topped up since non-epinephrine anestetics take longer to come into effect and wear off faster. Patients taking Phenelzine are advised to notify their Psychiatrist prior to any dental treatment.
Certain other supplements: Hypericum perforatum ("St John's wort"), Inositol, Rhodiola rosea, S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe), L-Theanine.
Other Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors.
>>
Your ENTIRE list is EXTREMELY outdated.

I already explained in terms of food.

In terms of meds, it is stimulants and anything that raises serotonin significantly that needs to be avoided. Everything else is fine. I take bupropion/Wellbutrin with Nardil, for example, which is a N[D]RI. Your massive list of chemical names is not at all impressive.
>>
>>27238793
How often do you even check your blood pressure? Just because you don't have a stroke or heart attack everytime you eat something doesn't mean your blood pressure isn't spiking and you won't have one eventually.
>>
File: MAOI.png (6 KB, 431x250) Image search: [Google]
MAOI.png
6 KB, 431x250
>>27238404
MAOIs in general are effective.

I'm starting tranylcypromine soon.
>>
>>27238853
I'm not saying most of those foods are fine because I don't personally collapse when I eat them. I say they're fine because updated research has shown them to be fine.

I occasionally check blood pressure.
>>
>>27238846
>bupropion
>with MAOI
That's contraindicated. I've heard of it being done since bupropion isn't that strong at messing with your dopamine/serotonin/norepi but you have to be very careful with a combo like that and it needs to be monitored well.
If it works for you and you're ok then that's great, the less side effects and problems you experience the better it is for me because I have less to worry about but you need to understand that not everyone is that lucky and these medications are not a good choice for most people.
>>
>>27238789
>all those fun drugs like 2cb, mdma & dxm
nah, i'll just stick to xannies
>>
>>27238885
Skip the Parnate and do Nardil. The former is as good for depression but doesn't have the same anti-social-anxiety effects that are needed to escape robothood.
>>
>>27238846
>it is stimulants

Do you realize that norepinephrine is one of the main chemicals that stimulants work on? And wellbutrin is just a less potent version of a stimulant? Again, just because you don't die everytime, doesn't mean you won't die soon enough.

>>27238912
I'd love for you to point me to this "updated research". I'm almost positive there have been no clinical research trials on these drugs since they were invented.
>>
>>27238846
It depends, some people are more sensitive to these interactions than others. What would cause no issue in one patient could kill another.
>>
>>27238404

It's true. I've actually used this medication from a friend in conjunction with 4-ho-met, beautiful intense Open eye tryptamine visions all day.

MAOis are great medication, super effective like the OP says, just have to follow la dieta (no phenethylamines like Benadryl cold Medicine etc)
>>
>>27238944
It's *officially* contraindicated, sure. But then again so are bananas, which are more than safe. The list was made back in the 1960s and hasn't been updated since.

If you want to learn accurate information about MAOI contradictions you need to read from the foremost experts in the field, like Dr. Ken Gillman. Not some generic pamphlet.
>>
>>27238949
Parnate's someone more stimulating , though, and lethargy and hypersomnia is a HUGE part of my depression.
>>
OP, you got BTFO
>>
>>27239025
If you have treatment-resistant depression, MAOIs are more than worth the risk.
>>
>>27238504
>anecdata
Still no.
>>
>>27239079
You're trying to kill us aren't you?
>>
>>27239116
Hey, it least you won't die from suicide.
>>
Anyways, just felt obliged to post this here. Again, this med saved my life. Currently 24kv but once April ends and I have some free time the daygaming and slaying is gonna begin (especially since I have a very good looking face and can pull the Chad life off now that the autism is gone).
>>
>>27239116
Would it matter if he was? If your depression is that bad, you may as well go for it. It's just a pill. If it works, great. If it kills you, great.
>>
>>27239147
Kind of. He's claiming it's a cure for robothood, which death would technically be a cure, but he's making it seem like you would be able to live a decent life with it. It's just misleading.
>>
>>27239180
You would be able to live a decent life with it. The vast majority of people who take MAOIs do just fine. Do you really think it would be legal to prescribe these drugs if they were a death sentence?
>>
>38 posts
>13 posters

You aren't convincing anyone with your delusional samefagging, OP.
>>
>>27239226
If MAOIs are so bad, why are they still legal on prescription around the world?
>>
http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/18541

Judge for yourselves.
>>
OP here. US docs are scared of MAOIs mainly because of this case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libby_Zion_Law
>>
>>27238404
I kind of want to try an old-school MAOI, seeing as all the "safe" antidepressants are so shit. The dietary restrictions are no problem for me, I eat the same food all the time anyway. But it's gotta be tranylcypromine. I'm not wasting any more time on sedating garbage.
>>
>>27238450
Learn to enzyme.
>>
I don't trust any medication. Nothing is worth getting gyno.
>>
>>27239332
I tried tranyclpromine/Parnate briefly before I switched to Nardil. Both are going to cause a lot of daytime drowsiness at first. Parnate is stimulating in the sense that you'll feel euphoria (at least at first) for a few hours after taking a dose, and then feel really sleepy for a few hours.
>>
>>27239370
MAOIs don't give you gyno.
>>
>>27239395
Lethargy is one of most disabling symptoms of my depression. Does this mean these medications can't help me?
>>
>>27239416
Yes they can help you, in the sense that they relieve major depressive disorder. But initial side effects will include drowsiness (which will go away in time).
>>
>>27239445
>effects will include drowsiness (which will go away in time)
They said that about mirtazapine too, so I'm not convinced.
>>
>>27239451
To be fair, mirtazapine/Remeron is far more notorious for its sleep-inducing qualities, to the extent that it is used as a sleep medication.
>>
>>27239451
Mirtazapine is a lot worse for sedation than practically any other AD.
>>
>>27239403

No matter what you say I don't trust them. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Wellbutrin except that's most likely what caused my gyno.
>>
>>27239512
You can come off of them if they cause you trouble.
>>
>>27239573

What makes you think gyno goes away (It doesn't.)
>>
>just take a MAOI brah!! XDD

Although at this point I might actually do it seeing as the only other option left is suicide.
>>
>Rare but fatal side effect

Yeah, that doesn't sound dangerous at all.
>>
Don't fuck with MAOIs unless you have depression refractory to normal treatment.
>>
>>27238404
Enjoy getting appendicitis and not being able to take pain meds
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.