[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hearing loss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3707x2610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3707x2610
Anyone here experience hearing loss or can give some insight on what I'm experiencing?

So I put earplugs in last night because my neighbors dog won't shut the fuck up and wakes me up every night. They worked very well but I woke up this morning to find my right ear is "numb." The inside of the ear feels full, and it is slightly painful to stick my finger in the ear. i also experience a sharp pain in that ear when I burp.

Am I fucked? I'm going to go to an ear doctor ASAP, but I just woke up and was hoping r9k could give me some insigh as well.

Also general hearing loss stories.
>>
File: 1438249819084.png (17 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1438249819084.png
17 KB, 509x619
>>27236583
who here /visionloss/

things are really blurry more then 30m away, been like this since I was young (blurry past 80m ish) but has got worse over the years
not wanting glasses or contacts and havent told anyone this in real
>>
>>27236583
inner ear infection. going to need a doc to prescribe ear drops and it lasts around 30 days potentially. easily fixable if you handle it right away
>>
>>27236626
this
inner ear infection can give you temporary hearing loss, get to the doctor.
>>
>>27236583
The same thing happened to me recently only for both ears and without the sharp pain. The ear plugs had pushed wax into the ear and blocked it. I am now putting olive oil into them 3 times a day to soften the wax, and after about a week the wax will be soft enough that I can get it "ear syringed" for free because I live in a country with socialized health care. If you live in the USA you're probably fucked.
>>
>>27236583
My right ear seems to have a bit less hearing than the left one, and I have to ask people to repeat themselves sometimes.

I play music pretty loudly 24/7 though, so that's probably why.
>>
>>27236583
It's probably just earwax.
Stop being so scared.
>>
>>27236672
>olive oil
Not good.
Use Mineral oil
>>
>>27236701
Olive oil is the official medical recommendation. Mineral oil will probably fuck your ears up permanently.
>>
>>27236583
Take the fucking earplug out OP.
>>
>>27236714
Actually, the medical opinion is that you shouldn't put plant oils into your ears, because they tend to be less sterile than industrial distillation products.
>>
>>27236739
In the UK, olive oil is recommended by the NHS.
>>
>>27236773
This makes no sense for the reason I gave you.

Drug stores should sell sterile mineral oil. Get that instead, it's less dangerous.

If you use olive oil, you might get an infection.
>>
hearing loss
vision loss
memory loss
just cuck me up
>>
>>27236739
This is why you should get your ears checked for damage first. But if they are only blocked, olive oil won't do any harm.
>>
File: 1456042624499.jpg (28 KB, 720x492) Image search: [Google]
1456042624499.jpg
28 KB, 720x492
I've always had autistic ears, only recently I really started noticing it though. I was in the supermarket having trouble hearing my friend who was right next to me, yet I was picking up every single checkout beep and noise that was happening a mile away loud and clear. I find it really hard differentiating sounds, everything I hear always just seems to be one mass of sound and I've always picked up on noises that others totally ignore.
>>
File: worried.jpg (46 KB, 382x603) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
46 KB, 382x603
>right ear suddenly starts to make weird "woosh woosh" sounds in the rhythm of my heartbeat
>doesn't go away, seems to get louder when I squat or do something that makes blood rush
>pretty goddamn loud, have hard time trying to get a sleep because of the loud wooshing sounds
>start to use nasal spray every day
>the wooshing sounds get day bay day quieter
>one day they just stop
>the whole fucking thing lasted for week and a half
>stop using nasal spray because that stuff is addictive
>suddenly the wooshing sounds start again
>this time I start to use nasal spray from the very beginning
>week goes by and the wooshing sound gets quieter and quieter and then disappears
>mfw

Now I've been clear of that sound for about 5 days and I'm going to keep using the nasal spray for a while now, just in case. The wooshing sound didn't affect my hearing other than just covering other sounds, I could still have the three dimensional sound and had no trouble hearing high pitched sounds.

I don't know what the fuck that was about, probably something to do with my sinuses or eardrum.
>>
>>27237091
Go to the fucking doctor anon
>>
>>27237137
It's all good now, no signs of the sound for the past few days or so.
>>
>>27236618
Used to not wear glasses, then I tried a frind's and they made me see the world clearly again. Went straight to the doc and got myself checked. 2 weeks later I was wearing a new pair of glasses perfectly calibrated for my vision and I could not have been happier. Why the fuck do you care what others thing about you for wearing them, faggot.
>>
>>27237266
Glasses are shit, everything is distorted and peripheral vision is blurred. The only real fix is contact lenses.
>>
OP here with an update.

My regular doctor was booked today so I went to the emergency room. Turns out many painters here were right, it is a middle ear infection. Just need to take some antibiotics and ear drops for a few days and things should be back to normal.
>>
>>27237795
Yeah I had ear infection few years ago and it went away after a week of taking pills. It's going to be alright.
>>
I have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember.

>tfw you're unsure if that's why you've been unable to understand what people are saying often
>tfw you thought the ringing was what everyone experienced until a few years ago
>tfw the quieter the neighborhood becomes, the more unbearable the sound
>tfw coming to terms with the fact that there may never be a cure in my lifetime
>>
>>27236583
Ear infection. Get some aloe tea or pads and cover ear with it. Quite common with earplugs and heap phone es in ear over longer time.
>>
It's fucking earwax clogging your ear deep inside, you probably didn't clear out your ears often and pushed a fuck ton of earwax inside with the plugs. I had the same happen I'd keep "losing" hearing every now and then that would last up to a week at a time even, clearing them with cotton sticks might not help though and it's better to let a doctor pump it out since it's probably accumulated as shit deep inside the ear.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.