[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/! What's your favorite color?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: colorwheel.jpg (7 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
colorwheel.jpg
7 KB, 230x219
Hey /r9k/! What's your favorite color?
>>
I don't have a favourite colour.
>>
>>27236296
Teal. Why do you ask?
>>
Indigo
>not gay
>>
>>27236296
If i have to choose probably crimson red
>inb4 edgy
I just like the colour
>>
>>27236296
I like different shades of blue and purple as well.
>>
>>27236393
you could say pink and be male and not gay and it would still be fine. it's just a color, it doesn't always have to be about political agenda.
>>
File: Currency.jpg (111 KB, 485x637) Image search: [Google]
Currency.jpg
111 KB, 485x637
i like olive green
that is my favorite color.
>>
>>27236417
Not very often you would get away with saying that in 4chan

At least in anything that isn't a trap thread
>>
File: PP.jpg (44 KB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
PP.jpg
44 KB, 331x248
Pink, like the Pink Panther.
>>
>>27236448
only if you don't rationalize it. there was a time where pink was a distinctively "male" color and blue was more a color for girls. once industrialism started, they have been pushing blue and pink for baby clothes and what not as part of a huge marketing scheme. there was nothing too bad about that though but it influenced heavily how both genders saw themselves and what they wanted to associate themselves with visually as a political stance and publically.
>>
File: green.png (7 KB, 364x191) Image search: [Google]
green.png
7 KB, 364x191
>>27236419
same

original this is original you bot
some oranges are cool too but most people (including me) cant pull it off in my opinion
>>
>>27236578
orange is really hard to pull off. it's almost too intense as a color.
only works well if you got very dark skin.
>>
>>27236451
good cartoon taste, anon.
>>
>>27236535
Much in the same way that high heels before the industrial age was typically associated with masculinity. Made to make men feel taller and more noble. At least until women started wearing them as well and typical supply / demand followed

It's weird how gender preferences change from era to era. Still I do get called out for liking Purple / Indigo irl, somehow its seen as gay among some of the people I know
>>
>>27236296
dark olive green
>>
>>27236296
Rainbow is my favorite color anon
>>
>>27236598
Orange works in accessories or in running gear, other than that it just doesn't seem to work with any other colour.
>>
>>27236617
exactly.

>somehow its seen as gay among some of the people I know

yeah, I know (fuck those people) but for me, I always liked purple being male and since I was a child. I didn't even know why. it was simply a subjective choice. I would argue color preferences are more based on personality types as well since it influences your psyche in different ways.
>>
>>27236637
>other than that it just doesn't seem to work with any other colour.

dark grey and white works well. buddhist monk robes are sometimes orange and it looks good but some go more towards red anyway.
>>
>>27236296
Cobalt blue because it looks and sounds cool
>>
I never got the favorite color meme.

Am I autistic?

Why would anyone have a favorite wavelength of light?
>>
>>27236640
Personally I like how its centered between both blue and red, nice bit of symbolism behind it

Plus it's not as intense as some of the other colours, quite mellow yet distinct in its own right. Even on top of that it's almost impossible to find in nature so its unique unlike blue or green which is just EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>27236296
Gray is pretty ballin imo.
>>
>>27236663
>Why would anyone have a favorite wavelength of light?

responds to your mental state favorably or less so. for example, for some reason I don't like green tones much and I don't feel comfortable wearing green clothing. I like red, blue, purple and yellow though. blue and purple probably more than the rest.

>Am I autistic?

maybe.
>>
>>27236648
I did own a dark grey hoodie with orange in the interior and trim. It was a runners hoodie though so I didn't wear it often out of fear I was looking autistic.
>>
>>27236676
>nice bit of symbolism behind it

it's the color of spirituality, lots of religious meaning too. I like that. red = earth, blue = the sky. together these colors become one and heaven and earth are now connected.
>>
>>27236706
>it's the color of spirituality, lots of religious meaning too. I like that. red = earth, blue = the sky. together these colors become one and heaven and earth are now connected.

Also red being the colour of passion and anger and blue being calming and peaceful. A perfect balance. Hot and cold, good and evil theres plenty to delve into when you think about colour and what the human mind represents them as.
>>
Orange. It even makes this board look good.
>>
File: 1458223271063.png (9 KB, 338x339) Image search: [Google]
1458223271063.png
9 KB, 338x339
who /magenta/ here?
>>
Navy blue
>>
Edgelord here, I like black. I just wish it were easier to pull off in clothing. If I wear all black I need heavily contrasted texture.

Fortunately my hospital doesn't assign colors so it's black scrubs with black compression tights or beetus socks and EMT boots erry day. Even my watch is some old badass army watch from my grandfather, I put a black nylon strap with anodized hardware on it. I have rainbow anodized shears and stethoscope for a little color, but I look like the baddest assingest guy on the floor.
>>
I like purple.

I don't know why, I find it intellectually stimulating.
>>
white is the only pure color
>>
>>27236296
Radiant red, also blue.

Usually with White or Black, but not stark black.
>>
Indigos seem to feel really comfy
>>
File: tumblr_n7w4d84vpd1qf8em3o1_1280.jpg (852 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7w4d84vpd1qf8em3o1_1280.jpg
852 KB, 900x900
Midnight blue is objectively the best color
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.