[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to force myself to do it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1447211877119-0.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1447211877119-0.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
So I finally got sick of working at Walmart and living in my parents' basement... I'm sick of drinking my pain away and hurting over things I can't change... I'm going to do something about it all. I'm going to change what I can change.

In less than a month, I'm taking what I've saved working in this shithole, and I'm moving 2000 miles away from home and completely reinventing myself... I'll start small. A small shit job, a humble living space, and try and meet new people... I'll buy some shit car after walking to my small job and then I'll be able to explore the world a bit more... I'll drink to be happy rather than sad, and I'll get myself into healthier thinking habits... I'm so fucking desperate for this. I can't be stagnant.

After learning one of my recent froglet friends shot himself, I just haven't been the same, man. I can't finish like that. I can't waste away. God, he was so much better of a person than me and I somehow am the one breaking free... I want to live as hard as possible for the friends who had given up... I want to show them we fucking can change and find a reason to be happy.

I refuse to let it end with a bullet.
>>
Awesome blog family. Where can u subscribe for more?
>>
>>27236007
truelifeofafrogletteen.tumblr.com
>>
>>27235962
Good call. How old are you?
>>
>>27235962
do what you have to.
>>
>>27236050
ech... it doesn't really matter... the point is it feels like I've lived too long doing the wrong things.
>>
File: Challenge_vs_skill.svg.png (88 KB, 472x460) Image search: [Google]
Challenge_vs_skill.svg.png
88 KB, 472x460
Do it, moving away from where you grew up and lived most of your life is the perfect way to redefine yourself as a person.

As someone who recently moved away, but for various reasons had to return home to where they were unhappy, I am constantly fighting back the mindset that being back here inflicts upon me.

No one will believe you when you leave to find something better, they will think you're just running away from responsibility, but don't listen to them, never explain yourself when it comes to doing something you believe will change you.

I beat myself up daily because being back home makes me feel awful, I am counting down the days til I can go back in the winter to where I was able to be effortlessly happy.

You just have to take that chance, but once you do you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner.
>>
>>27236103
People say I'm running away from my problems but what I feel like I'm doing is just erasing the bad behaviours. I won't have room to slack off because if I fail now, I'll be homeless. Maybe it'll kick a survival instinct in me. I hope.

Thank you for affirming what I want to believe, anon.
>>
>>27236146

Don't try to preach to others what you want to do in life, as a thought experiment, think of the risks that other people around you have taken, if any at all. Can these people relate to you? Do they actually empathize with your desire to LIVE your life for once?

>I won't have room to slack off because if I fail now, I'll be homeless.

Taking a leap of faith does not require you to be excessively reckless. Carefully plan out what you want to do. If you for whatever reason end up unable to sustain yourself, will you definitely not be able to return home?

>Maybe it'll kick a survival instinct in me. I hope.

How will you know if you never try to be independent? Human beings adapt, its what we do.
>>
>>27235962
Go join your cunts army
>>
File: Me Being Me.jpg (53 KB, 318x238) Image search: [Google]
Me Being Me.jpg
53 KB, 318x238
>>27236253
"Thank you for your service" XDD
>>
>>27236221
Well, I haven't talked with a lot of people about it. I've mostly mentioned it briefly at work and they go "good for you" and some others saying "don't do it if you're scared". I don't want to be all talk. I don't care what they say, I'm going to make it happen.

>Carefully plan out what you want to do

I don't know that much about the outside world. I'm going to have to learn a lot and have to be a bit reckless. I'm from a really small town now moving to a city area. I've been "taken care of" by my overbearing mother and I think I'm going to have to learn the hard way for some things coming up... eh, I'll figure it out. I'm kind of smart. Kind of.

>Human beings adapt, its what we do.

This is what I'm counting on to keep me mentally okay. Stagnation was killing me.

>>27236253
woa nice comment
>>
>>27236272
Service is dope as hell

>>27236302
I'm a 'nice' guy
>>
>I refuse to let it end with a bullet

You're a coward.
>>
>>27236076
It matters a great deal. A 35 years old and a 19 years old don't have the same options and opportunities.
>>
>>27236103
>Do it, moving away from where you grew up and lived most of your life is the perfect way to redefine yourself as a person.

is it really ? Lately i have been thinking about moving from my parents house to a different city (the second largest city in my country). Finding a job wouldnt be a problem, but i dont know how to do shit (laundry, cooking, etc).

Im a 26 kv with nothing to loose anymore, my only 2 friends have moved on, i lost my job here about a month ago and i dont really think i can keep doing the same routine of working and coming back home to my overprotective parents.

I have this homo childhood friend in the new city with who i talk to maybe 3 or 4 times a year, his social media is always full of pics with qt girls. Maybe i should move there and ask him if he could hook me up.
>>
>>27236399

You said it yourself, you have nothing to lose, but possibly much to gain.

Doing laundry and learning to cook are not difficult things, especially when you have the internet, the only thing is when you are constantly in an environment where there is no incentive to improve it is that much harder to will yourself to do something. When you have no option but to do it, then you stay true to the task at hand.
>>
>>27235962
Where are you moving?
>>
>>27236146
OP, just fucking do it, don't live for anyone but yourself. Personally, I have got to a point where there is absolutely nothin in this life I want more than a simple life. So I'm very soon leaving everything behind, and becoming a monk aomewhere far, far away.
>>
You will still be a robot wherever you try to go. You're taking your problems with you.
>>
File: sanic.gif (24 KB, 367x287) Image search: [Google]
sanic.gif
24 KB, 367x287
>>27236695
This. your problems are mental, it's not the outside world that is against you, it's yourself.
>>
File: putin-vodka.jpg (124 KB, 528x703) Image search: [Google]
putin-vodka.jpg
124 KB, 528x703
>>27235962
I kind of did the same thing... it didn't really work out for me, but maybe it will for you.
>>
I did it and it worked.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.