[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression is addictive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: if_9_YBG.jpg (85 KB, 905x960) Image search: [Google]
if_9_YBG.jpg
85 KB, 905x960
Maybe it's just me, but I love my depression. It keeps me comfy and I don't have to worry about relationships because I know that they are not for me.
No more rejection. No more humiliation. No more fake hope. No more pain.
If I could wish to stay like this forever I would do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>27234855
I agree. It keeps me safe in a bubble that gives everything on the outside meaninglessness. It's kind of narcissistic in a way, to feel superior to others and above the world. It's like an existential nightmare that's horrifically entertaining.
>>
File: 1395705413774.jpg (73 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1395705413774.jpg
73 KB, 960x638
>>27234855
>If I could wish to stay like this forever I would do it in a heartbeat.
No you wouldn't
>>
>>27234855
ok yea shut the fuck up
>>
Then it's not really depression, now is it?
>>
Sounds like you don't really have depression.
>>
depression isn't the right word but I love wallowing in misery

It's like I'm happiest when I'm saddest
>>
>>27234855
The last couple days I've been feeling happy and it's really scaring me

I'm not drinking as much as possible to go back to how I was

This shit is scary. I don't like it.
>>
File: 34b346.jpg (5 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
34b346.jpg
5 KB, 187x200
None of you people have ever been legitimately depressed. Acting like an edgy faggot =/= depression.

Come back when you feel stuck and think suicide is a legitimate option to escape and tell me about you're depression. Maybe then someone will take it seriously. Fuck off for now with your special snowflake syndrome.
>>
I enjoy nothing everything is painful I can't endure my existence much longer I am so exhausted, tired, I need to rest.

as the time goes on I;m getting more and more comfortable with actually killing myself. it doesn't scare me anymore, I'm accepting
>>
>>27235359
>hasn't killed self
>has "legitimate depression"
nice try, kid

Come back whne you're dead
>>
>>27235359
>you're not depressed I'M REALLY depressed

Christ, fuck off. It's not a competition. Either off yourself or shut up.
>>
File: 1456602406194.png (201 KB, 415x469) Image search: [Google]
1456602406194.png
201 KB, 415x469
>sleep until my body doesn't let me sleep anymore
>get up and browse 4chan for hours
>think about doing a lot of things but the second I start I feel like I'd rather watch paint dry
>can't even be bothered sitting up straight so I wind up with neck pain
>made me hate everyone I talk to online
>constantly switch between hating everyone and wondering why everyone hates me
>think of nothing but kill myself if I haven't found a way to pull my thoughts from it

Yeah I love it so much.
>>
>>27235654
Do you want to be my friend?
How old are you?
>>
>>27235689
I have really bad anxiety, to the point of nearly having panic attacks just adding people online. I'm sorry.

Nearly 21.
>>
>>27235654
DOCTORS HATE HIM!

ONE SECRET TO CURE DEPRESSION!

Change your fucking life. What do you currently do? Idgaf, do the opposite even if it seems like it sucks. That is the real secret.between robots and Chads Robots wallow in self pity, REAL PEOPLE fix that shit.

>I feel lonely at home all day

Leave home

>much anxiety

Everyone has it, power through it coward

>how to talk to grils

Bitches are unique, there is no blanket solution. Keep trying until your autistic-your-way into some lady's heart.
>>
>>27234855
Doesn't sound like depression at all desu senpai
>>
>>27235948
>much anxiety
>Everyone has it, power through it coward
Do you actually think it's that simple?
>>
>>27236001
As somebody who has been medicated for it numerous times, yes.

It is LITERALLY human cowardice. Just go through with it,you'll sperg out, you'll embarrass yourself, you'll think you're the center of attention but the truth of the matter is that you are a weak willed coward and if you power through it enough it gets easier with every month.

Anyone who says otherwise would rather pop pills and cater to feeling rather than force all of these pathetic children-in-adult-bodies to ACTUALLY grow and learn.

T. Psychologist (fed up with pussies)
>>
>>27236093
>Just go through with it,you'll sperg out, you'll embarrass yourself
I don't think becoming a sweating, heaving, crying mess is sperging out desu

>Anyone who says otherwise would rather pop pills
I'm not popping pills for it, I've never been to a professional, I don't have any plans to go to one. I'm either going to wind up killing myself or eventually working through it, but having to try psych myself up for three hours before leaving the house only for it all to mean nothing the second I see another person deters me from even leaving in the first place.

I've had a job before and was working on it and actually getting better, but I still had the paranoia and anxiety that everyone was talking about me behind my back. Turns out everyone actually was talking shit about me a lot, even the people who acted nice towards me, a few who had given me lifts home when my car was busted, the ones who were teaching me how to do the work I needed to do, the floor manager and the guy above him. That ruined it all for me and the way I've isolated myself afterwards for years has only made it even worse.

I don't know where I'm going with this.
>>
>>27234855
This is what I would call 'existential depression' and it plagues the more intelligent and empathetic of us.

It's almost as if the more cerebral and intelligent we are, the more inclined we are to see life for what it is: a futile and pointless carbon-based foray in a world that cannot be explained.

I don't know that I have any advice for you aside from suggesting that you at least explore medication, if only to tick off the box.

I'm just biding my time and finding passing satisfaction in worldly endeavors as best I can.
>>
>>27236312
Wow. You just love this self pity shtick.

You realize that other people solved this problem with their first day of school right?

>crying
>worrying
>anxiety

Parents push their little faggot asses out the door, they DEAL WITH IT because they have to and end up becoming normies.

You are pathetic.
>>
>>27234855
Yeah you don't have depression mate
>>
>>27236364
>"Just like get over it bro"

Okay.
>>
>>27236347
Kill yourself you pseudo-intellectual retard
>>
>>27235948
>i have never had depression and actually don't know what it is but let me tell you how to cure it
>>
>>27235359
This. Depression is not comfortable at all you fucking faggots
>>
>>27236093
>>27236364
>put word in capital on 4chan
>>
I'm self diagnosed depressed and I have to agree, it's so comfy moping about and not having to worry about relationships and all that.
>>
>>27236364
Looks like we got ourselves a biology denialist wew lad
>>
>>27236364
>everyone has panic attacks during their first day at school
Sure
>>
I think you're confusing depression with solitude. When I have days where I wake up at noon with the blinds shut and dry eye syndrome from crying so much the night before, I just want to end myself, but I don't even have the motivation to do that. I just drink liquor for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in hopes that the headaches from the hangover will distract me from the emptiness I feel. The reason I can't have relationships is not out of fear of rejection, but because I feel so shitty that moving my mouth and talking feels like a chore. And it's not because I'm some faggot that feels sorry for himself, I literally have a seratonin deficiancy in my brain.
>>
>>27234855
that is not depression you fucking memer retard
>>
I'm addicted to my misery but not in a feel good way. It's more of an acceptance.
>>
>>27234855
Depression indeed is addictive but, not this way.

The reason we're afraid of letting go of our depression, even though we're fighting it everyday, is because when you're at rock bottom you can't lose anything anymore. When you get better, you start panicking, cause you're afraid you're going to lose again. Most of us, those who are afraid of death, still hope they'll just die tomorrow.

However, noone, absolutely noone, could wish to stay like this forever. It's already something that you wouldn't want your worst enemy to feel, how the Hell do could you want it your whole life.

You probably don't have depression, or if you do, you're dead wrong on the symptoms. You're lonely.
>>
>>27234855
I think I know this feel.
Whenever I'm about to get out of a depression that lasts for a while, I feel tempted to just stay depressed. Since I'll never be truly happy, I may as well just stay sad.

I think I personally prefer pulling myself out though and trying to be as happy as possible.
>>
>>27234855
>No more rejection. No more humiliation. No more fake hope. No more pain.
If you could allow yourself to not gaf, then you could have all of that but still not care when shit went down the drain.
>>
Depression is the most selfish act in the entire world. You walk around and feel so incredibly sad, because the world doesn't conform to "your" needs. How pathetic isn't that. Most people don't give a fuck about you, just like you don't give a fuck about them. Stand up for yourself and try your 110% to achieve what you want, and whenever someone stands in your way, just try to overcome them 120%.
>>
>>27234855
You don't sound depressed, more like you take solace in not having to put yourself in situations out of your comfort zone that may make you more anxious/uneasy than the average person.

How is the following something to revel in:
>No ambition to do anything, everything feels pointless
>Your physical needs are met, there are many much worse off, yet living is suffering. You can't explain why but you just don't have the zeal for life others around you do
>Restlessness
>Uselessness
>Lack of peace
>social avoidance habits/damaging habits e.g. over-masturbation
>constant low mood
>Inability to get simple shit done, and you can't explain why. Like a rainy cloud is following you around suppressing your every move, holding you back somehow
>>
>>27237113
Go fuck yourself, quickly, please.
>>
>>27237168
No, you go fuck yourself, quickly.
>>
>>27237113
>you just have to beeeeeeeee urself, man
>>
>>27236660
>I have days where I wake up at noon

This is the worst, sleeping in isn't fun at all. You wake up realising the world has passed you by, no plans for the day, and no one cared to see whats going on in your life. A sad feeling, so very sad.
>>
>>27237237
Yes, that's the absolute truth. As long as you try to be something your'e not it will be called acting. And as long as your'e acting you will not be true to yourself and that will make you feel miserable about yourself, it's that simple. But you guys prefer blaming the world.
>>
>>27237315
>I must be psychologist cause I know how depression works better than anyone else
>There is only one kind of depression
>Depressed people only blame the world
>Just be true to yourself mate
>Depression is simple
>I've been depressed once, for two days, when you goldfish died

You're basically asking someone with a broken leg to run a marathon.
>>
File: 1445377196403.jpg (38 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445377196403.jpg
38 KB, 400x300
>>27235654

I understand your feels so much because I'm the same. It's like a constant feeling of being in a sort of stand-by mode while your mind tells you how worthless your are and how much you should kill yourself which then makes you think about how best to do it.
>>
>>27234855
>no more pain
But if you're not feeling some kind of emotional pain can you really be depressed?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.