[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Severe Social Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Qqs5pGF.jpg (302 KB, 738x813) Image search: [Google]
Qqs5pGF.jpg
302 KB, 738x813
This shit feels nearly impossible to get out of, unless someone literally takes me by the hand and forces me to come out and be around people.
No one bothers to do that, and i don't blame them. I'm scared, tense, dissociative, awkward. It's endearing when a girl is like that, but when it's a man i'm seen as dangerous and not deserving of help, and as a failure if i'm not strong like i'm supposed to be.
I'm scared of everyone, even of my own family, no matter how much they say they love me and wish me well.
I won't be able to attend any conventions this year like i dreamed of. There is so much people, i feel like i'm being taken away by the waves, there's so many outgoing people, i feel like i don't belong. There's so many eyes, i feel like i'm a freak show humiliating himself.
>>
i can't even talk to people in world of warcraft
>>
are you taking any meds?
>>
it's pretty much hell

can barely go outside, no friends in real life, no friends online, can't even use a mic in games online, can't hold a job

i wish i was one of those anxious people who didn't like other people and was just satisfied being alone but i'm not. i'm fucking not. i want to have friends and love so bad but it's terrifying. the idea of getting those things is TERRIFYING.
>>
File: CK-i2f_WoAAteF5.jpg (54 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
CK-i2f_WoAAteF5.jpg
54 KB, 600x638
I want to post my anxiety feels, but i know im sharing this board with attention-whores and phony robots who claim to have anxiety, but have a social-life, friends, a girlfriend, social profiles like Facebook, and some even make YouTube videos.
>>
Hey fuckhead you need ssri's. Its not just a placebo like these know nothing cunts say. Prozac or paxil are the ones to try first. They literally numb you so you can function. You're just a hypersensitive faggot, I know the feel.
>>
>>27233484
Meds don't work for everyone but there's no harm in trying it out. I can function lowly with them (aka actually talk to people online with a mic)
>>
>>27233384
Exposure is pretty much the only way, possibly in combination with various psychopharma depending on the severity of the anxiety. The longer you've been isolated the harder it will be. It's a vicious cycle where you get less and less ability to deal with the issues all while the issues grow in size and severity. This is coming from someone who is in the middle of this hell.
>>
>>27233484
SSRI/SNRI can work but they can also fuck you up which is why their reputation isn't exactly flawless. They should be one of the last options, after experimenting with exercise and therapy and so on.
>>
>>27233411
I used to take Paroxetine and Effexor.
My psychologist would make me very uncomfortable in his behavior towards me so i stopped treatment.
>>
>>27233619
>My psychologist would make me very uncomfortable in his behavior towards me so i stopped treatment.
How so?
>>
I avoid talking to people because I'm deeply ashamed of my neetlyf and don't want them to know about it

I'm at my happiest when I can pretend nobody else exists
>>
Do y'all niggas drink? If so how does that affect your anxiety.
>>
>>27233692
Very rarely because I have no money, but when I do I am more relaxed and talk a bit more

On the negative side, I spend the next day wanting to an hero over the talking I did the night before.
>>
>>27233384
I know how you feel, OP. I've had to recently go out and walk my dog and I intentionally go out of my way to make sure I don't run into anyone. Talking to people is probably my biggest fear. I just wish I could turn my unnecessary worries off.
>>
I have the solution.

Here's some back story:
pppppppppppppppppppppppppplllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppplplplplllllllpppppppppplllllll

What you do is you stop worrying about social interactions. The easiest way to do this is to worry about other things, like how far does the average ant usually travel per day? this is obviously pointless, but do you see? Your mind is not worrying about stupid faggot shit, and instead worrying about stupid pointless shit, fag.
>>
File: 1436397247408.gif (827 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436397247408.gif
827 KB, 500x281
>>27233755
>What you do is you stop worrying about social interactions.
Oh man, it's that easy. How did I never think of this? I'm such a dope!
>>
>>27233692
alcohol is the only reason i'm not a virgin
>>
>>27233755
This is the most ignorant shit I've ever read.
>>
>>27233805
Relax man, I've had sex countless times and if there was no alcohol, you'd have to divide that number by a lot.
>>
>>27233814
Wow .. I'm honored, truly! I wasn't even really trying, but you've never seen anything more ignorant ever? Gosh. I was kidding too.
>>
>>27233625
He would often start a session by staring at me in silence, without telling me why. He would often ask me why i'm seeking treatment, like it's not self-evident. He would act discouraged, i think.
>>
>>27233692
Alcohol works better for me against anxiety than benzos. Obviously being drunk comes with other issues though and it's not exactly a viable "treatment" (neither are benzos really).
>>
>>27233882
Sounds like your psychologist had some issues of his own and were in the entirely wrong industry on top of that.
>>
Read CBT

Ask random sluts from /soc/ to cam with you until you feel a bit less bad of a person.

Wear sunglasses and long hairs in public. You can practice looking at people's eyes in without them noticing. They will be scared of you instead of you being scared of them.

The best thing is to find someone in your city with social anxiety and support each other...but that is really hard because men with s.a.d. don't tend to reach out for help and isolate themselves more. I've been putting ads on craigslist for a month now, no one really sends me anything, but one day it might happen.

Also those social anxiety meetups are laughable, someone truly anxious will never be able to attend one.
>>
>>27234007
>Ask random sluts from /soc/ to cam with you until you feel a bit less bad of a person.
this would only exacerbate my anxiety

I can't even talk to people online through text
>>
>>27234015
If you want you could start with just texting.
>>
Take a look at this manual, OP. It really helped me
https://crufad.org/images/stories/pdf/manuals/crufad_SocialPmanual.pdf
>>
>>27234053
Does showing your face on cam translate to being less of a spaz in RL interaction though?
>>
I wish I was attractive. People are so much more accommodating of social retardation when you're attractive. When you're ugly, people just want you to fucking die.
>>
>>27234007
I would feel bad for whoever would have to deal with me on cam or mic.
>>
I don't like how i've become apathetic to people.
No matter what i do, people leave me for better, less anxious, better persons.

This makes me less interested in meeting people, but i know i should keep trying, and keep improving myself.

It's just, i can't compete with normal people, so how can i be worthwhile as a friend? I've been shown many times i'm not worthwhile.
>>
Normie here, I feel sympathy for you people, my brother has crippling social anxiety too and most of the time I'm just at loss as to what to do about it.
He communicates kinda ok-ish via text but will never sustain the conversation and I always have to be the one go towards him, see how he is, he'll never message me on his own.
IRL he's like a mute with me and my parents, the best we get out of him are embarrassed smiles and grunts.
I really wish I'd know a way to help, because he didn't use to be like that when we were kids and he's fairly intelligent, I just feel like he's going to struggle with this way past the age where he has a chance of getting a job and be considered "normal". And the I think by then it'll be too late for him to do anything with his life and it'll have just been wasted struggling in misery.
Of course he's receiving professional help but it's been two years of statu quo.
I know he loves us and I love him but it's so alien to be repeatedly faced with someone you can't relate to at all in their mental processes and who closes all communication.

Anyway, all the best to you all.
>>
1) Lift some weights until you're not weak.

2) Look at pics of average normies. Then buy similar clothes. Cheap but plain ones.

3) Realize that you already failed the rat race so you don't need to care what normies think of you.

4) ????????

5) Anxiety gone :DDD

It worked for me. Unfortunately I still don't have a reason to live. My only hope is to find a job I at least mildly enjoy. But it's unlikely desu.
>>
File: 1454021756067 (1).png (357 KB, 609x837) Image search: [Google]
1454021756067 (1).png
357 KB, 609x837
>>27233384
>There is so much people, i feel like i'm being taken away by the waves, there's so many outgoing people, i feel like i don't belong. There's so many eyes, i feel like i'm a freak show humiliating himself.
iktf
>>
>>27234007
people with social anxiety tend to hate each other
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.