[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else believe autism isn't real and it's just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: autism 2.jpg (57 KB, 303x317) Image search: [Google]
autism 2.jpg
57 KB, 303x317
Anyone else believe autism isn't real and it's just little spoiled faggots that needed to be whacked more as kids and told not to sperg out every time something didn't go their way.
>>
autism itself is real, but letting autists do whatever with no consequences is dumb.
>>
It's real, there's just huge variety on how minor or extreme it is.

Being spoiled as a child has nothing to do with autism.

Not being smacked around enough as a child has nothing to do with autism.

You probably have a low level in intelligence and lack critical thinking skills hence why you're able to comprehend any of this, which is why you made this thread.
>>
>>27232288
spotted the aut
>>
OP, you are really fucking stupid and it's clearly obvious that you browse 4chan too much.
>>
>>27232319
here come the spergs
>>
>>27232230
It is obviously over diagnosed today but yes it is real.
>>
the only real autism is the kind that makes kids unable to identify emotions and recognize facial expressions. It's easy to identify.

Behavioral autism is just shitty parenting. Kids that scream and bitch and have episodes in public just need to be smacked.

Austism as we use it is just a blanket term for social awkwardness/anxiety.

It's over-diagnosed to an absurd degree. Worse than ADHD ever was.
>>
>>27232230
>>27232230
Pretty good b8 to be honest. I'll let the hardcore autist r8 it

As a mid range autist I give this b8 8/10
>>
>>27232574
>Kids that scream and bitch and have episodes in public

Normal brain function would make the child eventually realize that isn't acceptable behavior. The autistic brain wont.
>>
>>27232690
if that were the case they would be unable to learn anything. From pissing in the toilet to not touching a hot stove.
This level of "autism" would be closer to retardation than "autism."

Since medium functioning autists who have episodes in public can learn not to do certain things, it's simply a problem of motivation.

If they associate having a fit with getting hit, they'll eventually stop having fits.
>>
The hi woowee kid had legit autism.
>>
It's definitely a real thing, and it encompasses more than just "sperging out."

>needed to be whacked more as kids
Yeah, because having even LESS gray matter in the prefrontal cortex will help an autistic child learn and adjust.

>>27232574
>autistic kid has sensory issues
>certain sounds are actually fucking agonizing to kid
>kid can't express this because he's nonverbal
>parents drag kid to overwhelming place; expose him to sensory hell
>kid reacts in agony to agonizing sensations and is confused
>screams basically translate to "please stop," but you wouldn't know that
>parents don't understand why kid is acting out
>kid gets fucking smacked for it
>smack isn't nearly as torturous as the other sensory input
>"Well fuck, it isn't working, keep smacking him until he learns."

Fantastic.
>>
>>27232952
>smack isn't nearly as torturous as the other sensory input

see? there's your problem. It's a problem of motivation. Smack him harder until he fears the smack more than his imaginary brain pain and learns to hold it in like a normal person.
>>
>>27233041
You're an idiot, you don't know what it is like to be autistic. The part is that you're unable to communicate, imagine being subjected to torture and no one will hear you scream. A smack suddenly doesn't seem so bad. Also they have problems socially, so how are they supposed to learn that people don't like how they act if they don't know how people don't feel...
>>
>>27232230
Angsty teenager detected.
>>
>>27232952
Going further,
>kid ultimately does learn that hitting=stop what you're doing, because that's precisely the lesson parent has been trying to teach kid
>parent exposes kid to trigger sound
>kid hits to express "please stop" because he's nonverbal and you've given him
>"OMG NOW HE'S TURNING VIOLENT WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO"
>"WHERE DID HE LEARN THIS?!"

>>27233041
It's not imaginary at all. I've been beaten by an abusive dad. I've been on fire. You want to know something? The sound of somebody whistling is worse than either because of the way my brain is wired. It actually, physically hurts. Light touching, like stroking and tracing, is worse than either. In fact, "severe" sensations like being hit, electrocuted, or burned are significantly less intense to me than trigger stimuli.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to express myself with words despite being autistic. Some people aren't. I've seen nonverbal, non-functioning autists freak out, scream, cry, and hit people over sensory overload and trigger stimuli that are equally torturous to me. The only difference is that I can speak. I WANT to react the way I saw them react, and probably would if I couldn't use words. Believe me, it's a real thing. It's torturous to the point where I've considered suicide over noise.

If your solution to a problem you don't understand is "hit it until it stops," you probably shouldn't reproduce. You also shouldn't assume that everybody experiences the world the same way you do.

>>27233074
This.
>>
>>27233041
He's a kid you fucking idiot
hopefully you never have kids
t. I was beaten by my father a lot as a child, it really fucked me up. Don't do this
>>
>>27233184
if whistling causes you enough pain to consider death the only escape maybe you're not meant to survive.
>>
>>27233184
And you know I feel like people haven't actually seen how BAD autism can get. My mom used to work with autistic teens. They really couldn't do much, they couldn't talk. They could only mumble, scream, or cry. It's heartbreaking and saying that it isn't "real" kinda makes me annoyed. These kids can't have a normal life.
>>
>>27233278
Sometimes I wish they'd just put these people down. We're already overflowing with people we don't need to prolong their and other people's suffering
>>
>>27233278
that's just retardation rebranded. autism is a social disease.
>>
did you know that autism is an actual thing and not just a 4chan meme

did you know

sometimes i feel like people on 4chan don't know it's a real thing
>>
File: 1406856442646.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1406856442646.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>27233220
>>27233302
Dark and edgy af
>>
>>27232230
Agreed.

Same with """clinical depression""""

Like everyone has been depressed, I was really depressed when I broke up with my gf but I eventually got over it and now I'm happy.

But those people just mope around like they're the only ones who feel bad and that's why they never make it anywhere in life. Just stop being a bitch and go out and talk to some girls or something. You're suicidal? Well go travel the world!
>>
>>27233437
That's not how fucking mental illnesses work. Just like if someone got cancer you wouldn't say. "Ah just get some rest, it'll go away soon enough." because that's not how it works.
>>
>>27233041
>>27233184
And while I'm at it,

>learns to hold it in like a normal person
I take issue with this. Normal people don't "hold it in." You don't even go through the same thing. It's not as though we're both experiencing the same input and you're just handling it better. You have no fucking clue what we're going through, and you don't care to find out. The way the world you've constructed looks, sounds, and feels is designed to be comfortable and accommodating to people like you. You'd scream and cry like a baby if you had to experience sensory overload.

>>27233220
It's not just whistling that made me feel that way. It's the urban soundscape in general.

And don't give me some half-baked, pseudointellectual survival-of-the-fittest crap. First of all, there is no "meant" to survive, because there's no design or intent in nature. Second of all, I don't think the sights and sounds of a modern city really fit into a law-of-the-jungle scenario. I do just fine innawoods. Thirdly, I think I've saved enough people and done enough good to merit the right to draw breath, and to do so without having to tolerate the sound of whistling.
>>27233333
Nice quints, but you're wrong. It encompasses a lot more than just social crap, and some aspies do just fine socially. Please do some reading to inform your opinions before you form them.

Seriously, you probably read enough text on this board daily that you're capable of reading a few articles on autism.

>>27233349
People in general aren't very well-informed about this shit.

>>27233437
I honestly can't tell if this rate if you're stupid or just trying to be a jackass. Not that they're mutually exclusive.
>>
>>27233437
Definitely satire, though idiots will still reply to it seriously
>>
>>27233476
*at this rate

>>27233502
Poe's law is a real thing.
>>
File: autism.jpg (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
10 KB, 300x250
>>27233476
Maybe you should carry earplugs around with you.

but I guess it's societies burden to accommodate your disabled ass lest you assault our ears and old women with screaming and slapping tantrums.
>>
>>27232230
King of /r9k/ here, heres some of my autistic story's. But honestly It all came down to shitty homelife and anxiety preventing me from learning and acting correctly, it was like I was living in a foggy world and things finally became clear as I got older and could deal with the anxiety.

http://pastebin.com/8DnCLtqQ
>>
File: ae235.jpg (11 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
ae235.jpg
11 KB, 290x290
>>27233854
>Maybe you should carry earplugs around with you.
I do. Or I wear pic related. Or both.

In any case, I'm speaking for those who literally can't. I can speak. I can make money, and I can use money to purchase things that make life easier on me. I can do research, and I have the capacity to think critically. I can communicate.

Lots of aspies aren't so lucky. They live with people who don't even try to understand, and they have nobody to advocate for them. Hell, some even live with people who KNOW that certain stimuli will set them off, and who still expose them to those stimuli because any normal person would be fine with it.

All I'm saying is that autistic people don't just sperg out for no reason. There's always a reason. We're not chaos monsters.
>>
My mom has a foster kid that has autism it's real, she's watched other kids that had it to. Have a story about him too
>go to coat store with my mom
>she bring my brother for a coat too and the autistic kid she's watching
>he's at the train table playing as me and my mom are looking at coats like 10 feet away
>we go back to him and his pants are down and there's shit all over
It's fucking all over the train table,the floor, everywhere that diarrhea
>>
>>27234021
why tho.
why would you chose to burden yourself with caring for a retard that would have been aborted if they had fetal tests for this?
>>
>>27234021
I'm a mild-middle autist but my mom's friend has a real deal hardcore severe autist son. It ain't good m8. Can barely talk, can't control emotions, will never be able ti lice a day as a "normal" human. It's pretty sad m8
>>
>>27232230
I think so, it doesn't matter anyways, I like it, at least I've convinced myself I do. I'm lonely though.
>>
>>27232230
>autism don't real
t. normalfag that has never met anyone different from himself
feel free to kill yourself anytime
>>
>>27234021
>trains
>shitting all over the place
I kek'd. Sorry you have to deal with this, but holy fuck, that's just too classic.

>>27234065
Often, parents feel responsible for bringing such a child into the world and sorta just accept that responsibility. No clue why you'd adopt one, though. Maybe I'm just not that bighearted.

In any case, the bit about fetal tests is something I was thinking about on my walk while waiting for the thread to bump. I wonder what's gonna happen when that becomes available to people.

I can't imagine that most people would be okay with an autistic kid at all. I'm autistic. I have a lot of friends who are or who probably are autistic. They're worthwhile people who I'm glad exist. It disturbs me to think that we would have been aborted without ever having the chance to prove our worth.

On the other hand, I wonder if it's even ethical to bring some sub-80-IQ autist who can't even function into the world, and I don't know how you'd avoid that without just not having autistic kids to begin with. Shit, we might reach the point where anybody who doesn't just immediately abort an aspie embryo is seen as unethical.

Further still, I wonder if it's fucked-up of me to be disturbed by the idea of me or of my friends being aborted on that basis, but not to be disturbed by the idea of aborting less-functional aspies, and I wonder what a person actually has to be in order to be considered valuable and worthy of drawing breath.
>>
>>27234188
Dubs confirm

As an autist, everybody who has met me has become a true believer in autism, I'm sure of it
>>
>>27233437
how about i """"travel"""" to your house and shoot you in the fucking face. i am suicidal after all, but your head exploding would make me feel better.
>>
>>27232230

Both my parents work at a disabled school and "autism" has nothing to do with what faggots on the Internet think autism means.

It's one of the dumbest insults to anyone who actually knows what autistic children are like.
>>
>>27234197
Same thing that happens to downs syndrome children now, their is no debating what will happen when we already know.

And its a good thing, anyone who argues otherwise is wrong and should feel bad.
>>
"high-functioning" autist here

ask me anything
>>
Anyone else believe depression isnt real and people just need to stop being little bitches??
>>
>>27234482
But autism isn't downs syndrome. You don't think that parents will wind up aborting as many savants and slightly-spergy-but-otherwise-fine autists as they do screaming manchildren if this becomes a thing? I feel like parents will probably become overly concerned with having "normal" kids and start aborting a bunch of people who would've been perfectly fine and functional.
>>27234497
In what sense are you high-functioning? How does your autism manifest?
>>
File: 1457979983535.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1457979983535.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>27232230
>Everyone who disagrees with me is a sperg
Just got here but you need to step up your game. Thats SJW tier logic. Smmfh tbqhwyfpai
>>
>>27234543
What's funny is that it's also contradictory. "Autism isn't real, and if you disagree, you must have autism."

Not sure if OP is self-aware enough for that to have been a troll post, but it seems like one.
>>
>>27234538
>In what sense are you high-functioning? How does your autism manifest?
High functioning in that I can function independently (although admittedly with a restricted lifestyle). The biggest things I have trouble with are social interaction and sensory processing.
>>
>>27232230
>tfw i cant recognize faces
am i an assburger?
or is it because i never make eye contact
>>
>>27234588
>restricted lifestyle
How restricted? I don't do very well without routine, either, but I'm curious as to how you keep yourself in order.

>sensory processing
Same. What are your sensory processing issues? Sound? Texture? Light? Do you actually have SPD as an official part of your autism?
>>
>>27234538
The downs test doesn't predict with a 100% rate, it just tells you if the "fetus" is at risk most of the time.

The same will be done for autistics(read:retards).

Fact is as I'm a autistic and I know first hand that there is no good that come from us, the world would be better without.
>>
>>27234282
*tips fedora*

you 4kids are so pathetic
>>
>>27234609
Not making eye contact is classic aspie, friend.

>>27234620
Speak for yourself, asshole. If you honestly think that existence is merit-based and that you won't ever contribute anything, then put two and two together and fucking kill yourself. I'm going to devote my life to helping people.
>>
>>27234609
>or is it because i never make eye contact
thats also a sign of being an autist
>>
>>27234620
Well, they try to convince you that autistic people also have qualities that should be harnessed and that you're not a waste of oxygen.
At least that's what they are trying to do with me and I'm rolling along hoping to score a job so I can save some money and live independently for once.

I am very high-functioning but still a complete loner and loser, my dad didn't even understand when I told him about it, he thought autism still refers to the non-verbal, spastic and shouting kind of thing and didn't believe autism can also go on way deeper underneath the skin.

Anyway, I try to make most of my life, I don't think I deserve life more or less than others, no one should think that.
>>
>>27234614
>How restricted? I don't do very well without routine, either, but I'm curious as to how you keep yourself in order.
Well, I don't have a socially elaborate life even though I've made friends because it'd be too stressful for me. Also, I try to go about my day in a manner that lets me avoid social interaction that I am not prepared for. I utilize self-checkout and things like that. Aside from that, I do get a lot of help from my parents still when I need it (I'm a college student, so I guess that's expected to some degree).

>Same. What are your sensory processing issues? Sound? Texture? Light? Do you actually have SPD as an official part of your autism?
Yep, SPD. I am very sensitive to light (I can't keep my eyes open on a sunny day) and sound (being at the movies almost gives me a fucking panic attack every time). When I was younger I struggled a lot with textures. I've largely grown out of that though, although I like long showers at the end of the day because it's like a sensory "white noise" except for touch. I guess the other big thing is food. I am awful at eating new foods. I like trying new things, but some foods just make me gag uncontrollably. It could be the temperature, flavor, texture, etc. So I usually try new things privately.
>>
>>27232230
M8 autism is real, and not all autists sperg out, I have autism and I have my emotions perfectly in check
>>
>>27232574
I never scream or bitch, I can perfectly identify emotions, I just don't know how to act and social interaction frightens me and I was diagnosed with autism
>>
File: 1409794050159.jpg (147 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
1409794050159.jpg
147 KB, 405x412
>>27235162
>scream bitch
heh

noice
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.