[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rarely do I make a thread but I really need opinions. I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Jesus christ.jpg (515 KB, 2672x1726) Image search: [Google]
Jesus christ.jpg
515 KB, 2672x1726
Rarely do I make a thread but I really need opinions. I know I can go to /adv/ but you guys are more real than anyone else.

>24
>khv
>work at a dead end retail job for 4 years
>trying to finish college
>flat broke, living with parents while my part time goes towards classes
>coworker tells me at break that another coworker (friend of hers) likes me and wanted to know if I'm available
>say I'm single
>tell her I'm surprised anyone is interested in me
>tell her I've never had a gf
>tell her I'm never satisfied with myself
>Asks if I plan to be like this for the rest of my life
>"Pretty much"
>Still wants an answer if I'm willing to go out with co worker I don't even know who it is
>Asked her to tell me, says she can't
>Basically a blind date since I don't know who it is
>Too far gone and I already know there's little point in trying based on a past "date" where I've run out of things to talk about

Logically I should say no, but this is the first time anyone's expressed interest in me without me even looking for a gf.

Convince me to say no or post opinions, I hate this shit. It's like I doom myself to failure no matter what.

Also if it's not her "friend" and it's her, I'm unfortunately not attracted to her. She's a nice grill but...the ethnicity is not something I can go for period.

Wish she'd just tell me who but then again I've never bothered making a move in my life so what do I know.
>>
>>27232173
Go for it. It hurts fucking up but why stop paying a buck for that lotto girl at this point.
>>
>>27232308
Appreciate the post, hopeful bump to get more responses

Yeah I feel like nobody on r9k wants to fuck up to the point of avoidance. That's pretty much what I've done and just accepted I won't date period.
>>
You might get out of your slump if you keep at college. Just keep working towards being happy with yourself.

Unless the person setting up this date is crazy, they wouldn't show up as your date.

You have little to lose from this situation, so why not go for a walk with a blind date? If you don't like her, you can just leave.

Here are some good questions to ask on a date
http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/dating/15-great-first-date-questions/#.Vuub6fkrKUk
>>
>>27232531
It's mostly the fact that she's a co worker, so if I date her and fuck up it'll be awkward. Plus there will be gossip and crap and I know they'll talk about me between themselves. I mostly keep to myself even though I've been trying to be more friendly with people
>>
>>27232611
Unless you fuck up really bad it shouldn't affect your work, right? You don't even know who this girl is so you must not run into her at work that often. How big is your workplace?
>>
>>27232715
It's a fairly big retail store. I can only assume we've chit-chatted every now and then, but I can count the girls I did that with on one hand.

That's the thing though, I don't know who it is. So if I'm not physically attracted to her I'll seem like a dick. There's a couple of cuties but even if they were attractive I see very little point in dating any of them.
And if it's someone I've barely talked to...fuck I don't know. I thought I was starting to get past over-analyzing everything but there's so many bad fucking scenarios out of this.
>>
>>27232787
it doesn't have to be a worst case scenario, if it doesn't work out you can just go your separate ways. It doesn't make you an asshole if you don't end up liking her, its only a first date.

Its not a big risk. Ultimately its up to you whether you feel like dating or not. Just don't pass up every opportunity if you do want a relationship.

I know its hard to put yourself out there, but some things can be worth the risk. Dates are supposed to be fun, anyway. You could have fun!
>>
>>27232902
Thanks dude. You're like the only one responding to me and it means a lot.

I might as well try, but the last date I was on wasn't that great...I was constantly thinking about what I should do/how to keep the conversation going/how much of a loser I am.

Goddamn. If this fails it's fine, I'll just go back to my apathy. Might as well just tell her "I'll give it a shot" I guess. Hope she tells the other chick the things I told her and how I'm a khv loser unsatisfied with himself, then if she's still interested there might be something.

Hope you have a good night anon
>>
>>27232951
good luck man, you'll be fine, i can tell

i've had my fair share of bad dates, but i have had some really great ones too

good luck
>>
>>27232383
Gonna give you some advice that will probably be ignored: There's no reason to ever give up on yourself. Even if you're wrong, even if you're delusional, even if you fall flat on your face over and over until the day you die, you'll still be happier than if you give up. Only stupid teenagers and edgelords think it's work it to stay pathetic as long as they can be correct.

I'm not saying that as a normie, but maybe one day I'll become one. My life is so much fucking better now than it was back then, it's not even funny.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.