[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i use tinder? i get matches but i never know what to say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: tinderlogo.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tinderlogo.png
7 KB, 400x400
how do i use tinder? i get matches but i never know what to say to the girls
>>
insult them.

call them fat and ugly and you swiped right by mistake.
>>
>>27232113

Tell them your dick has locked in on their vagina and it's time to deliver the payload.

Don't be a pussy, just say it.
>>
>>27232128
>>27232152
i don't think this is likely to work though
anything normal i can say? does my profile matter?
>>
settle for licking your screen
>>
>>27232178

I honestly couldn't help you. I'm 28 and have never dated in my life. I'm probably the last person you should ask.
>>
Start by leaving r9k forever normie
>>
>>27232113
Be direct and try to secure a meet up and get their number as soon as possible. Girls on tinder get attention thrown at then constantly so don't do that.

Short and to the point responses and close early.

If you're Chad literally just ask if they wanna fuck and enough will say yes that it's effective.
>>
>>27232222
is it normie to have tinder? i just wanna talk to girls
>>27232229
how do i know if i'm "Chad"? i don't have a chad like life
>>
>>27232178

First of all, unless you're a legitimate 8/10 or better you won't match with most of the people you swipe right with. When you do match, just ask them questions. Women enjoy nothing more than talking about themselves. Ask if they're in school, what they like to read, any good music, yadda yadda yadda.

Open with a corny joke if you like, but some people won't like that. Oh, and a solid 75% of women will ghost after one or two texts, with no explanation, so make sure you've got some thick skin.
>>
>>27232283
how many matches is a "normal" amount? i get some matches but i don't always get the ones i actually really like
should i be direct? or nice
sometimes they message first and i literally have no idea what to say at all
>>
>>27232309

I dunno, man, I've only gotten two women to actually go out on dates with me in the past 4 months or so. I typically get matches in bursts because I only go on TInder about once a week. And yeah, sometimes the ones you really like aren't going to really like you.

If they message first that's actually a pretty good sign. It means they're interested. Or desperate. But probably interested.

I've never just flat-out asked someone on Tinder if they wanna fuck, but then I'm not looking for a one-night stand thing. So I tend to be fairly nice. Not overwhelmingly complimentary or anything.

Just don't overanalyze it. You've never met this person in real life and if it doesn't pan out on Tinder you're not really any worse off for it. You'll probably never see that person in real life anyway. I just use TInder to work on my dating game desu.
>>
File: i quit as of right now.png (287 KB, 730x1789) Image search: [Google]
i quit as of right now.png
287 KB, 730x1789
>tinder
>any year
>>
>>27232425
thanks, that's pretty good advice
does your profile matter? i feel like it must right
>>27232467
i don't have a girlfriend though
>>
Sorta related but
>try OKC
>not ugly, but not chad, suffer from sperg
>get overtired and desperate
>message a bunch of ugly girls/fatties whatever
>none ever respond
What the fuck am I even supposed to say to initiate conversation? "Hi, how are you, would you be up for a chat?" isn't good enough? The fuck do I say even without making it awkward?
>>
>>27232425
>trying to find anything on tinder other than sloots to smash

WEW
>>
>>27232528
You will never score on OKC

I'm very good looking, in great shape, have my own place/car/life and even I couldn't get a single girl to ever meet up. I probably only ever had 4 conversations on OKC. Its just a time dump.

Stick to Tinder and Bumble.
>>
>>27232556
I dont have a phone. PC port when?
>>
>>27232556
t. manlet

Original manlet.
>>
>>27232562
Shit nigger get your life together
>>
>>27232562

I guess you could get bluestacks(android emulator) and get it on that.
>>
>tfw a fuckton of matches
>too autistic to ever start a conversation
>too autistic to try messaging someone i matched with after a certain amount of time has passed
>never message anyone
help
>>
>>27232499

It probably does. I just list my height, my two favorite hobbies, and what I want to do when I grow up. Works well enough and attracts the kind of women I'm interested in most of the time.

>>27232540
Never been comfortable with one-night stands. Probably in large part because of my conservative upbringing, but whatevs.
>>
>>27232588
Yeah

>>27232594
I've never needed a phone. My only friends are online.

>>27232614
I'll try it, hope it works.
>>
>>27232528
you can have conversation on OKC just fine, don't listen to this sperg >>27232556
I'm not saying you'll get laid though. In fact, conversations is most you'll ever get. I've gone on two dates though, neither of which were successful.
The problem with it is they just stop responding. It doesn't matter if you seemed to have a great conversation for 50 messages, at some point they might just stop replying.
>>
>>27232650
>I'll try it, hope it works.

It'll work. It's basically just android on your computer. Good luck, bro.
>>
>>27232650
What do you say when a girl gives you her number?

Or asks for yours?

You DO need a phone. You need a phone if you want to get laid. Girls are going to find it weird if you tell them you dont have a phone.
>>
File: re.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT

Why are you posting this stuff here? Why are you here if you're using online dating?!?!
>>
>>27232467
>women are daring to admit that they really enjoy casual sex without emotions and prefer certain guys for that purpose.
>This is a very positive evolution for sexual/mental health

Just fuck my nuclear family up senpai
>>
>>27232283
I made a tinder profile with Steven Kelly's Instagram pics and even he didn't get more than 30 matches out of 100. But 2bh if he wanted to fuck a different girl every night using the app he probably could.
>>
>>27232556
getting laid on okc is stupid easy if you know how to even remotely talk to girls. which, considering the company..
>>
>>27232113
>getting matches
Normie please leave
>>
>>27232711
If you have little to no standards which r9k doesnt, sure you could. But I wouldnt touch anything below a 7 personally so thats why my experience with it was short lived.

Tinder by far has the best pool of sluts who are dtf
>>
>>27232716
it's normie to get matches? i feel like anyone could get some matches right?
>>
>>27232743
>having standards
>browsing r9k
>>
>>27232628
That's great and I commend you.

But tinder is a hook up app. You won't find wife or gf material on it.
>>
>>27232113
Say "wanna smash" (without interpunction, you don't want to appear nerdy on tinder).
>>
>>27232901
definitely don't do that
>>
>>27232113
"wanna bang?" usually works, according to studies.
>>
File: tindergirl.png (48 KB, 349x619) Image search: [Google]
tindergirl.png
48 KB, 349x619
>>27232943
i guess we'll see
wish me luck
>>
>>27233126
you fucker. I was gonna go to bed but now I want to see results.
>>
File: tindegirl2.png (51 KB, 349x619) Image search: [Google]
tindegirl2.png
51 KB, 349x619
>>27233192
i'm double dipping in case i fail
almost posted something i probably shouldn't put on the internet posting this one, is that a bad omen?
>>
>>27233192
Don't bother, Tinder is such shit, Usually you never get a response from matches, other times its a bot.
>>
>>27233192
we never will because that battery is kill
>>
>>27232178
If you've matched, then you can basically say anything to them.

>do you have pet insurance
>because I'm going to destroy your pussy

>are you a paleontologist
>because I have a large bone for you to examine

>not trying to impress you, but I know all 21letters of the alphabet
>wait, I forgot ur a qt

>let's go to place at time

Or even just
>place,time

>give me your number

Basic script of every tinder conversation except the ones where I pretended to be 5'0 and have a 3 inch dick for a jej.

I have no bio and I'm fairly ugly

Basically tell them some lame opener,dumb line,get number, tell them a time and a place

Or I like to just pick my favourite picture of them and tell them to wear that dress when we go for a drink
>>
>downloaded Tinder yesterday
>used up my likes
>no matches
I-it's just a matter of time... Right?
>>
>>27233454
you don't get many your first day since no one matches with you
i'm about 4 months in and i've got a decent amount, just keep trying
>>
Is Tinder the only one I should download? Another thread mentioned OKCupid and Bumble.
>>
>>27233357
nice ones, top kek
>>
>>27233480
Good to know

Any tips for setting up a profile? Right now I just have 2 pictures of my face, my age and what I'm studying. Do I need to spice things up?
>>
>>27233548
i doubt i'm any great help, i'm the one who made the thread
mine is just some not shitty pictures of me from facebook and an anecdote and it works ok for matches at least
>>
>>27233480
How many matches do you have now?
>>
File: tind.png (107 KB, 349x619) Image search: [Google]
tind.png
107 KB, 349x619
>>27233640
pic
keep in mind i used to just swipe right on almost everyone till i got bored, only recently have i gotten more discerning
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-03-56-43.png (556 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-03-56-43.png
556 KB, 1080x1920
I've already been told by a few girls that I look like a serial killer. How am I doing guys?
>>
>>27234010
you're just kinda creepy looking, especially in that picture senpai
>>
>>27232556
I've gotten a fuck buddy off OKC, though that was like 3 or 4 years ago
>>
>>27234010
Everything about your picture screams kill me please. You're sitting in the dark looking like you're about to cry, what makes you think any girl would be interested in that
>>
>>27234010
you look sad. needs better lighting + higher angle imo
>>
>>27234010
>what are lighting and angles
I'm sure you look like a fucking faggot anyway but anyone would look like a loser at that angle with that lighting. Smiling also makes you 100x more attractive. That picture is depressing and it's not because you're ugly but because of how you present yourself. Presentation is everything when you want a woman to notice you out of hordes of other men.
>>
>>27234133
this, tinder is all about how good your first picture looks
i'm a decent looking guy but my first picture is actually very good so i can get matches
appearance is everything
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-23-20-55-12.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-23-20-55-12.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Just matched with the /r9k/ family
>>
>>27232113
I got sick of coming up with interesting things to say to the many, many randoms girls I'd message so I have one set message.

"What do you get if you cross a rabbit and a frog?"

wait for a response then say "a ribbit". Then I'll usually go on with more frog jokes for a bit before starting a conversation. Dorky humor is a very easy way to start off.
>>
>>27234210
>so beta you hoverhand your own kids

Holy shit
>>
>>27232528
Girls ok okcupid tend to have crazy high standards. Anyway, what I learnt is to have a unique first message. Bad jokes.
>>
>>27234230
He's sticking up his thumbs
>>
1. compliment
2. share interests
3. ask her out
>>
File: 4L_lhfVkK1m.png (343 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4L_lhfVkK1m.png
343 KB, 640x960
My Tinder profile is what keeps my self-esteem afloat.
>>
femanon here this is what should work

>hi cutie!
>ask about something they mentioned in their bio or something in their profile pic
>pretend to be interested but don't send paragraphs, instead respond to a thing she said and ask one question each time
>say you'd love to talk more but you have to go
>but you should make plans soon because you think she's really cool/interesting/unique/whatever bs
>get her number
>text her "hey, this is [your name]. let me know when you're free and we'll [go for drinks/coffee/lunch/what have you]"
>if she responds, she likes you and if she doesn't respond, don't text her again

misc tips
>don't use too many emoticons, this automatically means that you're a pussy
>especially not this one :3
>don't ever make it seem like you're on tinder for anything more than shits and giggles because these girls are on it for a self esteem boost
>don't get attached to one girl
>don't be overtly sexual
>don't send winky faces
>try your hardest to seem like a genuine good-natured guy. too many thirsty dudes on tinder. make yourself stand out
>>
>>27234716
>too many thirsty dudes on tinder
i fucking cant wrap my head around this, there are tons upon tons of women on tindr, EVERYONE knows what this app is for but none of the girls want to be upfront about what they want?
>>
>>27234716

Sounds like alot of work that will ultimately get me know where, i think ill continue my animes instead. thanks though.
>>
>>27234716
what if you're attractive? can you skip some of these steps?
>>
>>27234716
nobody cares, fuck off whore
>>
>>27234749
That's exactly what I mean anon! girls know exactly what they're going to get on tinder, i.e., guys who are run-of-the-mill thirsty dudes whose desperation will fuel their self-esteem.

but they also hear about those rare stories of people meeting their boyfriends or even fiances on tinder, and they secretly have a hope that they'll find one too

think about it. it's like getting spam emails. what will make you open a spam email?
>not generic
>opens up an avenue for you to talk about yourself
>emotionally stimulating, i.e., not "hey babe ur so hot"

Don't compliment her, girls on tinder get a zillion compliments a day. instead give her an opportunity to talk about herself

>>27234756
anime is disgusting

>>27234775
honestly? no. at least based on the tinder pool around where I live, both attractive and unattractive guys can show equally repulsive levels of desperation

>>27234800
I mean you clearly cared enough to comment sooooo
>>
>>27234813
damn that would help a lot
do girls want guys to respond first? occasionally they'll contact me but most of the time i feel like they're waiting for me to say something
>>
>>27234749
also going to add that the girls know deep down that it's cheap attention and therefore essentially worthless, but they want to play up the image of being so desirable that they turn down guys left and right. this illusion has its roots in the girls believing that the guys they turn down are solely interested in them, instead of what's actually happening (guys using a brute force approach and basically swiping right on anything that appears remotely human)

>>27234830
you contact her first to give her your name, and to give her an opportunity to tell you when she's free. that is the only time you contact her without being prompted for a response by her contacting you.

she's a big girl. she can say things herself if she wants to, and if she doesn't then you just refuse to give her the attention she desperately craves. it's simple
>>
>>27234858
so i should introduce myself even though my name is right there? shouldn't my pictures and summary be enough for her to decide whether she wants to contact me?
or is the introducing thing just etiquette to start the convo
>>
>>27234883
Nonono I meant when you text her after you get her number. but yes, society is structured in a way that the onus is usually on the male to start a conversation. just do what I said, a simple "hey cutie" (NOT beautiful and NOT gorgeous, these are special words and you don't throw them away on a cheap tinder ho; and NOT hottie and NOT sexy because this puts you right in there with the other thirsty guys)

and then ask her about something she mentioned in her profile, or an interest you share, or something in one of her pictures.
>>
>>27234909
should i just flat out ask for her number? will she give it to me? i'm pretty new at this
>>
>>27234926
if she keeps responding in a timely manner then she's interested, so if you ask for her number because you want to meet up later, then she'll more likely than not give it to you. make sure you give a reason for getting her number (in this case it's because you want to make plans with her)
otherwise you become the "ay gurl lemme get yo number" which is a spam email
>>
>Just got my first match
Oh god I don't know what to do
>>
Thoughts on a good profile picture? I have been trying to figure out what would seem interesting, but I know nothing about this shit.
>>
>>27234975
pick your best possible photo of yourself
i picked a picture of me in a suit from prom where i think i look attractive
the first picture is key
>>
>>27234974
do this >>27234716
congratulations anon, I wish you the best of luck :)

>>27234975
the best profile pics for dudes would probably be one with an animal. it could be just personal preference but girls love a guy who likes animals. especially if it's a dog. that's simultaneously masculine and sweet, and it's tough to hit both of those at once
>>
>>27234975
Looking away from the camera, not smiling, with subtle filter.

Vary your photos, one skydiving, one with a girl, etc
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-05-30-45.png (200 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-05-30-45.png
200 KB, 480x800
Common interest: Dr. Michio Kaku

Probably one of those "OMG I'M SOOO NERDY" types.
>>
>>27234010
>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
you know you could look pretty ok if you took a decent pic .
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.