[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like to not be depressed? I honestly can not fathom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: uKnMvyp.jpg (79 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
uKnMvyp.jpg
79 KB, 858x536
What is it like to not be depressed?

I honestly can not fathom.
>>
Yeah I know the feeling. My antidepressants have leveled me out pretty well but I'm still empty and cannot conceive of being happy.
>>
File: 1457648594518.png (1 MB, 1023x800) Image search: [Google]
1457648594518.png
1 MB, 1023x800
I wonder the same thing. I've been clinically depressed since I was ten. I honestly can't remember what it feels like to be truly happy.
>>
>>27231196
Are you me? I remember having the on set of "grayness" from a very early age. The kind of feelings people only describe once burning out in their late 20s. I remember still being a child and not feeling excitement or thrill any more. From what little I remember before when I could feel things it was magical.
>>
If you've ever taken amphetamines you know what it's like. And I don't mean taking them to write an essay or whatever, just take one when you wake up in the morning and you'll see what it's like for people who are mentally healthy.

You have energy and motivation. You have a drive to talk to people and further yourself. You feel excited about doing things, so much so that you find yourself seeking things out without even thinking about it. You know how normies are always saying stuff like "Hah, I didn't even think about it/didn't even try/had no idea; it just happened!" that's what it's like. You do all kinds of great shit without even realizing it because you're just so damn full of energy and desire and motivation. It's fucking bliss.

Then it goes away and you're back to lethargy and sadness and fuck you just want to take a nap and forget about the burden of the world for a few hours.
>>
dogs don't talk. who are you
>>
>>27230727
Like floating through life on a cloud, in comparison to what someone with major depression experiences. I have seen both sides of the coin and no words can properly paint the difference.
>>
ITT: Made up mental problems

Hur dur you can't just be happy

Yes, yes you can. Billions of people do it everyday around the world. Even the poorest in Indai for example find joy. Why? Because they fucking try and don't expect everything be handed to them
>>
>>27231451
very predictable, boring post
>>
File: 1456640523227.png (33 KB, 222x222) Image search: [Google]
1456640523227.png
33 KB, 222x222
>>27231263
I hate my life. Sex, romance, friends, job succces, buying the things I always wanted... none of it feels good. I'm just drifting. Letting the days go by.

I hate calling myself a robot, but this is truly what it is to be robotic.
>>
I'm 29, the only thing I remember before I got depressed at around 14 years old was that I actually enjoyed being alive. nothing really specific comes to mind other than that feeling.
>>
>>27231263
Childhood onset depression is a thing.
I can't ever enjoy myself, because my head reminds me i'm a bad person.

>>27231302
I stole my brother's ADHD medecine. It felt like you said.
>>
It's boring, unless you've got something to be excited for. Then you feel like you have purpose and you go to bed being content with what you've accomplished today, and eager to do more tomorrow.

That's the only time i'm really happy, when i have meaning. My mom makes me happy too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.