[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never know what it's like to become a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: leftists.jpg (191 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
leftists.jpg
191 KB, 800x600
>tfw you will never know what it's like to become a meme

I know people are mocking them, but they're still being elevated beyond the flesh world into a higher platonic realm of pure abstract Form. This is the modern equivalent to being deified like a dead Roman emperor. Future archaeologists may even interpret records of their memeselves as evidence they were worshiped as gods by ancient 2016 people.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c5Gwi5u68c

he clearly says
"YOU ARE FUCKING A WHITE MALE"

why do so many people get this wrong
>>
>>27229622

Because it better captures what he was actually trying to say to write it as "you're a fucking white male." If people wrote you are fucking a white male" then it would detract from the main point of the meme (leftists acting smugly shocked that others could disagree with their cultural marxist brainwashing) by making people ask why he's talking about someone having sex with a white man.

t. a former linguistics major. Literal word for word translation isn't always the best choice. Sometimes you need to use words that weren't actually said to avoid making the reader or listener focus on things that aren't actually important to the body of work you're translating.
>>
Worshipped as gods by ancient >current year
people
>>
>>27229692
>former linguistics major.
did you switch majors or graudate?
was it worth it
>>
>>27229795

I graduated.

>was it worth it

It was fine. I ended up doing programming for my job the past five years since graduating so the major didn't really have any connection to my career path. It's good to have a bachelor's degree just to have one regardless of the major. Or at least it's currently good to have one. If someone like Bernie Sanders gets his way and makes college "free" then it'll be worthless.
>>
>>27229567
>being elevated beyond the flesh world into a higher platonic realm of pure abstract Form

You might have a point there

>This is the modern equivalent to being deified like a dead Roman emperor. Future archaeologists may even interpret records of their memeselves as evidence they were worshiped as gods by ancient 2016 people.

Not a fucking chance. For reference, let's go to our old friend, the graffiti ruins of Pompeii. While Gaius and Aulus are definitely the bros 4 lyfe that transcend space and time, it's pretty clear even from the remove of ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN YEARS what's clearly shitposting and what's not.
>>
File: 145827909821.jpg (202 KB, 605x898) Image search: [Google]
145827909821.jpg
202 KB, 605x898
>tfwy will never be an important part of the apocalypse
feels bad
>>
>>27230627
Saved, remembered, respected

God bless
>>
File: 1404675361867.jpg (34 KB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
1404675361867.jpg
34 KB, 336x335
>>27230669
I got it on /pol/ obviously
some greek has a thread up with it, its his oc
the meme which keeps on giving
>>
File: 1457993130406.jpg (182 KB, 918x627) Image search: [Google]
1457993130406.jpg
182 KB, 918x627
>>27230770
Based Greeks

Greeks are the grearest memes...start with rhe Greeks...lel just kidding start with Jesus, seriously though
>>
>>27230627
>ywm fuck the banshee
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.