[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ why don't you just get a job in a factory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1370690019042.jpg (372 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1370690019042.jpg
372 KB, 854x859
/r9k/ why don't you just get a job in a factory
>>
>>27227548
Is that where you work, OP? Doing what? Was it easy to get the job, was there an interview?
>>
>>27227548
Because I'm not a 9 year old kid during the industrial revolution
>>
>>27227548
What kind of factory? My dad worked in a factory his whole life, mostly physical labor. Definitely not suggested.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (17 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
17 KB, 240x300
I worked in one before honestly perfect job for robots.
I've met some of the best people and some of the most fucked up people ive ever known there. The work sucks but you don't gotta deal with people.
>>
You think there are many factories still around after the government signed free trade agreements with Mexico, central America, China, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, and the Philippines?
>>
>>27227548
>implying there are factories near my house
>implying there are many factory positions in my country
>implying I have the means of transportation
>implying I'd accept the horrible pay and hours
>implying I'll handle doing something so repetitive and non-engaging every day.
>implying I wouldn't prefer poverty over allowing my boss to make 10-100x more money than me for less then half the effort
>implying I don't have another type of shitty job already
>>
File: shape-toddler-educational-toys.jpg (16 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
shape-toddler-educational-toys.jpg
16 KB, 310x310
>>27227577
yeah its easy the hardest part is dealing with retards who can't solve pic related

it's amazing how dumb some of the people are that I work with, some of them can't use computers when all they have to do is read the screen, the skill gap is very real

young people think they're entitled to work white collared jobs and the blue collar jobs are having trouble keeping people

>>27227591
ok, well I like having a hand in the automotive industry, I get to see my work all throughout the states.

>>27227600
it depends on what they make, i would an hero if i had a job loading presses with blanks but I do assembly work.

>>27227616
not my problem you aren't american
>>
>>27227548
Used to work at UPS. Easiest fucking job to get, the interview was basically "How old are you? Can you bring proof that you exist next time? Okay"

$10/hr to stack boxes. Only thing is, if you're one of those weird faggots that can't lift anything, the job isn't for you.
>>
>>27227631
>not my problem you aren't american
Actually it is your problem because you're sort on imported scientists of my field ;^)
>>
>>27227632
nice i heard their drivers make 80k a year >>27227711
wat
>>
factory jobs don't exist, OP is gaggot.
>>
They won't hire me.

The closest thing to a factory where I am is a steel foundry. Shit tier hours on a rotating shift for 15 an hour.

I'd be happy to do it without the rotating hours. IDK why the fuck they have that gay ass shift. No wonder their turnover rate is ridiculous.

After that there's some food processing plants.
Then warehouse work.

I honestly think working on a manufacturing line looks kinda fun. I watch how it's made and a lot of the repetitive jobs on there appeal to me.
Maybe in reality it's terrible.

Regardless... they all have refuckingtarded hours that I can't work as a student.
>>
>>27227548
>fall into machinery
>die horribly
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.