[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /trying to get rich while still young/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg (108 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg
108 KB, 900x600
who else /trying to get rich while still young/ here?
>>
I gave up a long time ago

How are you gonna do it?
>>
>>27225785
trading crypto right now. making like $300 a day on average. i feel like all i need to do is be at the start of a pump when it happens and I'm set.
>>
Is trading crypto worth the effort? Been thinking about jumping on it lately
>>
>>27225750
Yes, but failing at it miserably so far. Not even at 50k and I'm almost 27.

I use the /biz/ meme binary options to make money, which works but takes a long time because I always wait until I'm very certain a course will go my way, which sometimes doesn't happen at all in one day - and when it finally happens I'm too much of a pussy to invest a lot of money.
>>
>>27225750
What are the best ways to go about that without wageslaving in a well-paid job anyway?
>>
>>27226197
NOBODY gets rich wageslaving. The exceptions to this rule are people who get in early at the start of unusually successful startups or execs (who I'm not sure qualify as wageslaves)
>>
>>27225750
Yup, I have been freelancing as a writer and have saved up quite a bit of money now I am in the process of trying to figure out where to invest it
>>
>>27225860
how do you tell when it's going to go up or down?
>>
Yep. I'm finding out that android apps are not the way to do that though. Probably a thousand NEET hours just to make $5 a week.

What are you guys going toto spend your riches on? I'm going to get a bunch of roasties okay with polygamy, and have them pop out cute babies. I want 8+ beautify white kids, and we are going to live in a castle carved into a mountain.
>>
>>27226197
Start your own company. That's the most common way to get wealthy. Even a very small successful company can make serious cash for it's owner.
>>
>>27226234
What about doctors
>>
>>27226382
Hey anon, I'm interested in this, can you recommend me some material on this subject? I looked on reddit but its all peter thiel preacher bullshit.
>>
>>27226382
Don't the taxes eat up most of the profit anyway unless you're extremely successful?
>>
>>27226357
do you really want me to spend like half of an hour explaining all of it?
>>
>>27226413
I don't know of any books, but my dad tried to start a couple of companies through his life. They never really went anywhere.
Basically you need to find a need that you have the skills for or find a bunch of people that have skills for something and build a business around that.

It could be anything starting a restaurant, starting a game company, starting a landscaping company, design a consumer product, build a web solution, ect..
You'll have to work your ass off for 10+ years and build the company up to something profitable. Then you can stick with it and rake in a healthy salary or try to sell off the business and get a load of money.
Investing and venture capitalism isn't really starting a buisness, that's more like gambling.
>>
File: 1448172515266.jpg (35 KB, 555x503) Image search: [Google]
1448172515266.jpg
35 KB, 555x503
>>27225750
I had big dreams when I was younger but I learned that you need money to make money. I've been wagecucking for the past 7 years but have only been saving the majority of my income for the past 3, I literally live like I'm in poverty now. I live in a shitty ghetto apartment with 2 roommates. I made a game of how little I could spend on food without dumpster diving once. Back when eggs where cheaper I could live off $6 a week in food costs.

I have about 65k saved now and I'm looking for things to do with it since my sanity is slipping away from working so much at my job which I hate. No college debt (paid off). I'm 25, so I'm not sure that qualifies as "young" on 4chan.

Any ideas on what I can do?
>>
>>27226463
Shit, lot's of things in business are tax deductible. You need to have a good lawyer or know your shit, but there are ways to be smart about it.
>>
>>27225750

I'm already rich.

Being an only child is a blessing.
>>
>>27226510
Of course

I'm doing my master's in Econ, so you can be as complicated as you want
>>
>>27226555
>you need money to make money
Truer words have not been spoken.
It's insanely easy to make money once you have money, but very difficult once you don't.
>>
>you will never have a one hit wonder song that you make royalties off for your entire life
feels bad man
>>
>>27226555
quit your job, move somewhere warm, and live homeless. With 65K you will never need to work again and will have all you need because you will have no rent.
>>
>>27226796
Homelessness isn't really up my alley although I've considered it. I'd be more likely to buy a $15,000 house in the rust belt and wait for my parents to die if I wanted to go the low-cost perma-NEET route.
>>
>>27225750
ITS THE CURRENT YEAR YET?!
>>
File: 1458069108008.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458069108008.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>27226463
Well it really depends on what kind of business you set up. My friend for example started working at a company that was set up 7 years ago, he's a wageslave making like 18 bucks an hour but his boss/ the owner makes like a million and a half a year. Note that this is a print shop that mass produces fucking things like stickers and flyers.
>>
Im 25 making 86k gross. I live comfy on less than 25k a year and invest the difference. I should be financially independant before im 40.
>>
>>27227364
What do you invest in?
>>
>>27226382
Easier said then done anon, if it was as simple as 'just start your own company bro' everyone would be fucking rich. You really have no clue ad to how the world works do you? You're gonna be facing 100% perfect comp meaning that it's a buyers market out there and your business has a very low chance of success
>>
>>27227402
I have 30% in a US market tracking ETF, 30% in canadian market ETF, 10% international ETF, 10% canada bond ETF, and 20% personal stock picks. All etfs are vanguard
>>
This thread is making me feel fucking bad.
>23
>never had own place to live
>0 net worth
>neet, failed college

I don't want to be a wageslave forever. I had aspirations to start a business and get rich enough to live comfortably alone. I have no skills or qualifications, what can I do now to make sure I don't have to wageslave forever? Please help. this thread has made me feel terrible, you are all so much better than me.
>>
>>27227494
Ok, Anon, whatever you say. It's impossible to start a business so nobody should ever try it.
>>
>>27226604
>doing a master's in econ
>can't into basic market fluctuations
Lol
>>
>>27227623
I never said that you drama queen, I said that you need to find a sellers market which is easier said than done nowadays
>>
File: dumb.jpg (352 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
352 KB, 720x960
>tfw nobody ever taught me how to make money other than to be a wageslave or go to meme college and end up with debt
>no successful father that taught me the ropes of business
>no ambition to learn how
>no dreams I'd ever consider following are music related
>no point in going to school for that
>can only make music and hope for the best

life is suffering
>>
>>27227618
>you are all so much better than me
I was about to say "don't worry anon they have money only that doesn't make everything better" but then I remembered that's bullshit and they actually are better than you because we live in a world run by global capitalism.
>>
>>27227763
All you need to start your own business is good social skills and a basic understanding of economics
>>
File: image.png (411 KB, 584x439) Image search: [Google]
image.png
411 KB, 584x439
>>27227805
>good social skills
>posting on a home and gardening forum
Pick one
>>
>>27226409
>10 years of school
>up to half a million in student loans for med school

Doctors usually don't break even/start making profits until their mid 30s. They spend their 20s studying and start working only once they are 30. If you are looking to get rich while young, becoming a doctor is your worst option.
>>
>>27227882
you can become extroverted, personality isn't set in stone. I know this because I was once very extroverted (debates, public speaking etc) I'm a fucking loser now because I don't have any friends
>>
>>27227948
>doctors don't break even until mid 30

do you know how retarded this sounds? You pay of your student debt in increments over many years depending on your income you fucking idiot
>>
>>27227618
Im not better off than you are

>20
>negative net worth
>studying for a degree that i dont want (read:hate) but cant switch now
>no friends, no car, never had a gf
>no network, no job prospects
>>
>>27225750
Slow and steady I would have been retired at 37 but did at 30 keep at it
>>
>>27228023
Im sorry my parents are financing me so I have no loans and 0 experience with how you pay it off, I guess you can go and be a doctor then, its still 10 years of school.
>>
>>27228030
Why the fuck would you get a degree in something you hate
>>
>>27228112
Because I can't switch halfway through. I wish I could rewind back in time to be completely honest.
>>
>>27228167
So you initially enjoyed it..? What made you suddenly change your mind>>27228112
>>
>>27228220
>So you initially enjoyed it..?
No, I was in my "i dont give a fuck about the world" phase when I had to pick a degree and the deadline was approaching really fast so I picked a degree that I know my dad would be able to get me a job at his company with. I basically picked a degree because it's either me going to college or my parents kicking me out.

>What made you suddenly change your mind
I realized how much I fucking hate it and believe me when I say that I beat myself over it every day.
>>
>>27228328
Just finish the degree and get the job in your dad's company, otherwise you wasted 2 years of your life
>>
>>27228459
Yeah. My last hope is getting a masters in the field I like from a decent school and switching then.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.