[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw absolutely talentless Anyone else like this? Shit makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: xvss.jpg (27 KB, 456x604) Image search: [Google]
xvss.jpg
27 KB, 456x604
>tfw absolutely talentless
Anyone else like this? Shit makes me incredibly depressed. It's not even about the money or recognition, I just want to know what its like to be very good at something
>>
iktf m8, can scratch the surface pretty easily on near everything but cant devote myself to anything
>>
File: 1458161615452.jpg (84 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1458161615452.jpg
84 KB, 625x625
Not really. I'm great at so many things in my head. It's the world's loss for not recognizing them.
>>
>>27224656
Are you good at video games? Eating burritos quickly? Sleeping while garbage trucks spend an hour driving around outside?

No matter how lame it seems, someone out there will think you're cool for it.
>>
>>27224656
Try being like this while also having an iq of 104 and being ugly as fuck
>>
>those fucks who say they "don't like being known for x"

Better than not being known for anything
>>
The way to get good at something is to do it a lot, retard.
>>
>>27224777

you are good at getting trips when you don't deserve them. It's a rare talent.
>>
File: 08288720.jpg (188 KB, 1280x892) Image search: [Google]
08288720.jpg
188 KB, 1280x892
>>27224656
Having a talent just means having found an activity through which the way you naturally think and feel expresses itself positively. Try a bunch of things, give them two weeks each, reflect, move on or dig deeper.

The idea that some people have talent and some people don't is stupid.
>>
>>27224985
Thank god, people who believe in talent are just lazy shits, artists actually hate when someone calls them talented. It completely disregards the hard work that was put into their products.
>>
>>27224691
This. I lose interest in things extremely quickly. Not because they're too easy but because I'm unable to devote myself to anything. It makes wageslaving even more depressing.
>>
Don't even want to be famous but I wish I could sing
>>
>>27224656
> he thinks talent comes naturally and not from years of persistent work
>>
>>27226217
hard work is NOT talent. hard work and talent together is good combo but not many people can have both
>>
>>27224728
lol no. this isnt a fantasy m8.
>>
>>27226331
Talent is some magic bs that doesn't exist.
>>
>>27224831
That's a meme.

If you have no talent for something, no matter how much you practice you will never get better at it, or at the very least will lag behind all the people with real talent.

Some people are born superior at some things while others are born incapable.
>>
>>27226427
Yeah I can be the fastest sprinter in the world if I just work harder than Usain Bolt right guys?
>>
>>27226480
Just call talent for what it is: the spark. If it ain't fun don't do it.
>>
>>27224656

Hey OP, I'm a fairly talented individual.. pretty much the best artist in school, friend circle, work, etc.. but theres always people better than you. What I find is that small victories that are easier to achieve in something that is new to you is just as satisfying as the long hours I put into being better at art. I started training Muay Thai and I feel great because I am always improving.. but my art makes me bipolar, half the time im miserable because theres so many great artists, and half the time i am above the clouds because i am better than my peers...

My advice is to get good at random things that make you happy. Even having an arsenal of small tricks (flipping your hat on your head from the ground, magic tricks, skateboarding, etc) all add depth to who you are.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.