[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Positive vibes Good Feels Day 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
ITT we actually help each other

Come in here robots
Come in here and break free from your shackles
Break free from your demons and the walls you built
Post anything you think might help someone out there
Or talk about anything positive in general

Lets try and change together!
>>
File: exremeroastie.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
exremeroastie.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>27219695
top shelf baked chocolate cake

Ok something that might help someone, ok let's see...

Don't fool yourselves guys, relationships are not worth your time effort or money keep those resources to yourself, loneliness it's not such a bad companion after all.

Don't trick yourselves into thinking the girl you like it's different, she isn't.

Don't trick yourselves into believing life is worth living, it isn't

Don't trick yourselves into wasting resources one people. people are terrible and will use your kindness for their own good.

Do not under any circumstance think that becoming someone else and changing what you like and what you are for someone you like will not affect you.

Get fit not for women but for yourself, a healthy body shows respect for yourself, forget self esteem and what women think it's unnecessary remember that women value 80% of men below average even when they are average persons, so forget about it.

Don't let go of anime or vidyia because people tell you to, woman are very shallow creatures and will lust over your six pack even though you are a child rapist and will run away with you I-E Syrian refugee escapes with female prison guard.

>but but that's not indicative of the whole women population

Shut up slut you are all the same and not a single one of you is different

In conclusion, if you want to lift don't do it for someone else do it because you want to.

Don't let go of the things you like because people find them childish or stupid

Life is meaningless nobody cares about you and everyone judges no matter how much good you have done.

it's not projecting it's just the truth
>>
>>27219851
I read these like Eminem lyrics lol
>>
>>27219695
>help eachother
>say something positive
>nice words make the world a better place
>>
>>27219926
That's a weird, the intention was to come off edgy and brutal you know

like only 12 year olds know how.

anyway why do you want to be a shrink??

Is it a meme degree??
>>
File: KEemag.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KEemag.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27219695
Fucking DOOM is coming out soon.
>>
>>27219851
>It's just the truth
Perhaps your individual subjective "truth".
>Life is meaningless
Purpose is entirely subjective. While you see no meaning, someone else may see plenty.
>nobody cares about you
People can care about you. Well, perhaps more about what you have to offer, e.g how you make them feel, your reliability, and being around to talk to them and such. While people are entirely self-centered, they still care about themselves enough to be affected by what you've to offer them. So I'd say that's partially correct.
And even if you do not see that as the case, it's not as if humans can help being selfish. For something they cannot help even if they tried, I don't see a reason to hate, or shun them entirely.
>>
>>27219928
>nice words make the world a better place
Not just words, but feelings.
Negative thoughts only bring about negative feelings. Why not trying walking on the opposite side of the road and see how things turn out?
>>
File: 1458166882408.jpg (722 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1458166882408.jpg
722 KB, 1456x2592
>>27219695
The only thing that helps me is remembering that all of this is temporary and that death will come to all of us. I had a very very complex businesses tax form to fill this afternoon and experienced a lot of stress and wondered if existence was worth it in regard of all my other problems but remembering that all of this is a dumb game that can end at any time helped. So remember that you will die I guess. And that it can happen virtually at any time.

It's not a piece of advice, just a tip, and it's not compatible with every kind of life but if you're diseased and ugly and permavirgin and lonely and completely hopeless when it comes to health and companionship, it can help you go through the motions and get out of bed and do what needs to be done everyday.
>>
>>27220030
>I don't see a reason to hate, or shun them entirely.

I never said that i said that they don't care ... i didn't say they don't care kill them all.

>Perhaps your individual subjective "truth".

Nope while you might want to rationalize it and call it subjective the truth is that brutal. There is a civil war going on right now, and you can take part in it.

>Purpose is entirely subjective. While you see no meaning, someone else may see plenty.

that's why objectively it has no meaning, life happened on earth just as it happened on various other planets, just within our cluster neighbourhood there are hundreds of earth like planets.

There is so much space to explore and observe that even proposing that life on earth has some meaning is absurd.

While you may argue on and on about how i'm wrong etc let me just say that i'm not trying to convince you i said it is the truth, that's not the truth that applies to my persona but to everyone and you may not like it and you may think i'm a faggot and that's that

But remember this, i am your father

>>27219995
You know what pisses me off the most?? The fucking snail like movement, it's doom for fucks sake, why is it so slow...

Brutal doom is still better than this
>>
Change the way you think robits
It all starts with the mind.

http://mindundercontrol.com/mental-mastery/good-thinking-10-cognitive-distortions/
>>
>>27220162
Yet people do not find motivation or purpose through objectivity. Even if we had some "objective" purpose, there's no guarantee that it would be meaningful enough to get people by.
>>
>>27220239

There doesn't need to be..... because it's stupid to assume there would be one.

things don't have meaning, they don't need one, yet people try to give it all the time.

We have been on this earth for less time than worms.... yet we have done so much irreparable damage.

Why would people fool themselves into this mindless run for resources and power..... because they fear the truth, they fear the fact that maybe JUST MAYBE all of it means absolutely 0.

At the end of the day people try to cling onto gods false religions, and meaning, because HOW CAN I BE MEANINGLESS LOOK AT ME, I AM IMPORTANT
THERE MUST BE A MEANING

It's ok to accept that life is meaningless and to continue on living and it's ok to off yourself both are acceptable solutions, there is no right or wrong.

The fact that people lie to themselves has brought upon this world the worst in humans.
>>
>>27220176
My brother, thank you so much. I really needed this you have no idea. Thank you.
>>
>>27220123
>Think postively, that way you can pretetiously put yourself above others with problems
Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>27220239
The whole notion of objective purpose is problematic. Nothing has objective purpose, why does that mean everything is shitty? Just bad philosophy.
>>
>>27220123
Why not actions? People here are so afraid of growing up that they cannot see the problem. You have to grow!
>>
>>27220407
It has nothing to do with being pretentious anon. It's just that thinking negatively or being lost in cognitive dissonance has never led to anything good or any serious changes in my life.
I been stuck in this stasis for 25 years. And I know there are other robots who feel the same.
I want to try something different and see how it turns out.

>>27220404
I hope you're being sincere. If so, I'm glad I was able to help.
>>
>>27220480
I'm a show'er not a grow'er anon!
>>
>>27220480
Because it's difficult to take action when you have no will or desire and are bounded by whatever is haunting you.

Any great change requires a strong foundation for stability.
If you jump straight into taking action, you're gonna relapse and be stuck at square one.

Mind you, this doesn't apply to everyone, just those who are really deep down in the rabbit hole.
>>
Jee, its like you people never heard of terror management theory.
>>
>>27220381
>they don't need one, yet people try to give it all the time.
I suppose.
Experiencing reality is enough for me.
>>27220450
I meant that many crave meaning, and without it they'd lack the will to persist. I don't think that everything is shitty.
>>
>>27220602
I get what you're saying. But it's thinking in that way that keeps you in the hole.

If you have no will or desire you cannot improve, sure, but do not understand that as there being some resource (will) that you lack and so you can't do anything. You cannot improve because there is no reason for you to improve, you don't have a desire to improve.

I think a lot of robots keep a lot of confusing ideas about what's in their heads, so they tell themselves they are in conflict with themselves and so on.

You cannot be in conflict with yourself, there's no evidence at all speaking for it.
>>
>>27220679
>I meant that many crave meaning

They're being stupid. Meaning is a function mapping one thing to another, they're looking for the meaning of meaning.
>>
>>27220807
I agree with you're saying.

I think a lot of has to do with the expectations society has set out for us. Chances are, most of us don't even want to meet these expectation, thus there is no ultimate desire for it which leads to no suitable change or motivation.

I think it's the fear of somehow feeling like we're being left behind that scares us the most. So we try to force wanting this change, but become conflicted when we don't have the energy to do so.

It's funny, if we were born in a different time or place, we could have been totally different people.
>>
>>27220960
>I think it's the fear of somehow feeling like we're being left behind that scares us the most. So we try to force wanting this change, but become conflicted when we don't have the energy to do so.

This I believe is pretty accurate. I would add that I think most people can grow but that it's necessary to first understand the fuller extent of what you are. Then excuses like low energy disappear because you take resposibility for it. There is a sort of juvenile fantasy that you can just will yourself into becoming whatever, while actually you have to eat well to do well. But that doesn't mean you're in conflict with yourself.

>It's funny, if we were born in a different time or place, we could have been totally different people.

This seems obviously true but it's tricky for me. Could 'you' have been anyone else? Or are you 'you' because you weren't.

I don't like the idea that we come from some astral storage unit and we're put into this world at some random place. More likely you are a 'time and place' in which a certain pattern of mass or w/e is happening.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.