[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when is exercise supposed to make you feel good? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1448230149441.jpg (225 KB, 1280x1532) Image search: [Google]
1448230149441.jpg
225 KB, 1280x1532
when is exercise supposed to make you feel good?

I've been running and lifting for the past six months and I still feel just as dookie as day one, except now I'm extra tired and can't eat what I want
>>
Never. It's a meme, you fell for it.
>>
File: Amagi Sluts.jpg (232 KB, 1032x729) Image search: [Google]
Amagi Sluts.jpg
232 KB, 1032x729
Most people say they enjoy exercising/working out because they're only thinking of the end goal of looking in shape and/or buff.
>>
Ah, another anon who figured out the truth.

Sorry you fell for the exercise meme. Most people will tell you otherwise here on 4chan, but it all comes down to genetics. You're either born fit and beautiful or you aren't. Sorry you found out the hard way.
>>
>>27218416
You're supposed to pretend to believe in it forever so that you don't have to admit to yourself that you wasted your time and money.

t. Been lifting hard for 4 years
>>
Start lifting weights that are actually heavy, and eat whatever the fuck you want. As long as you hit your macros in a long run, it doesn't matter.
>>
I tried the 'just lift bro' meme and messed my back up
Now my life is significantly worse
>>
>>27218416
Might as well kill yourself
>in an original way
>>
>>27218709
is consuming ayahuasca and eating enough cherry pits to kill me and then laying down in a public park until my heart gives out an original way to die?
>>
>>27218416

Immediately after doing it, basically as soon as you've cooled down from the effort of the exercise. That's when I get it.
>>
>>27218516
>>27218538
>>27218604
>>27218672
Stop trying to discourage people from improvement.
>>
>>27218416
Personally, I've always found that the feeling you get after really strenuous exercise is fantastic. Some of my happiest HS memories involved relaxing after lacrosse practice. There's also a general confidence boost you get out of being stronger, faster, and (if you were fat before) better-looking.
>>
OP, I'm deeply concerned with my body and emotional states to the point of constantly analyzing them, so I'll share some of my thoughts on this issue that you might find interesting.

I used to more or less believe that exercise making you feel good was a meme. It isn't.

Long story short, I was depressed for awhile and started to notice an odd correlation: for a few hours post strength training, my mood would be slightly improved. Just an overall greater sense of well being, like being on a very low opiate dose.

It only lasts for a few hours, but the effect is real. I actually got addicted to that effect and structured my workouts so I can go to the gym everyday. Feels good man, a few hours respite from 24/7 emotional agony.

It's not a magic bullet but it'll do some good.
>>
I agree with OP, I ran for over six months and I still felt like shit and was tired all the time.

Luckily, however, now my roommate has a full In The Groove dedicab so using it fits into my "videogame" category of activities. Getting in shape is just a side effect. If I have any advice for everyone here, it's find something you love doing but requires physical activity as a secondary result of that activity you love.
>>
>>27219276

Cardio is a bad meme. Men should strength train. Women, too.
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 262x96) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8 KB, 262x96
>>27219297
>Cardio is a bad meme.
>>
>>27219321

clenbuterol with underlying heart defects is also a bad meme

its apoptotic to heart tissue
>>
>>27218416
You have to get hype, nigger
>>
>>27219321
>Pattaya, Thailand
>>
>>27218416
try swimming
>>
>>27220540
swimming is fun but it's EXTREMELY tiring if you aren't a very active person
>>
>>27220555
>but it's EXTREMELY tiring
that's the point, nigger

I never exercised but took up swimming 5 months ago (1 hour per week)

feels bretty good afterwards, warm and relaxed muscles
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.