[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Be Attractive http://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/po st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 23
File: HotelConcierge.jpg (124 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
HotelConcierge.jpg
124 KB, 900x676
How to Be Attractive

http://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive

Read this robot. It's a long and challenging piece, but it's very much in your best interest- there aren't many intelligent people out there writing to try and sincerely help you.

All life's decisions are binary- do or do not. Don't complain about length, the prose, that it's on tumblr, etc. If you do, you're not interested in change. Simple. If you read and work to comprehend what is written here, it will benefit you. Nobody else.
>>
>how to be attractive

1) Born attractive

That's it
>>
I'm glad it started off with trigger warnings and used the word cuck only once :)
>>
>>27216259

The piece starts by presenting your position, and dedicating the rest of the essay to disproving it. Start reading. This was written for you.
>>
This board has no desire for self betterment or behavior modification, because that means work, and work is for normies, and being a normie is unforgivable sin in the church of fedora. This board just wants to wallow in their own filth and mediocrity and blame the world for all of their shortcomings while maintaining childish delusions of superiority over all

You had good intentions, but your effort is better used elsewhere.
>>
>>27216495

Not even gonna read it, it's probably just some empty talk like "lol just lift bro, just earn money bro". You either get born with the right equipment or not, deal with it.
>>
File: 1365351248962.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365351248962.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>collects data from threads on /r/rateme.
Not going to waste any more of my time reading this crap.
>>
>>27216564
>>27216567
See what I mean? They've nurtured this self toxic attitude for so long that its become their identity, and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep anybody from stripping them of it
>>
>>27216613

Do you think a balding, ugly manlet with a huge potato nose and a 4" dick can become attractive? You don't become attractive, you born with it or not.
>>
>>27216242

>trigger warnings
>unironic trigger warnings

Welcome to tumblr
>>
>>27216613
Some people have values. Obviously anybody can just be an asshole and be attractive but it takes real work to keep values and be the better person.
>>
Which self-proclaimed 'intellectual' faggot wrote this garbage? It's terribly written.
>>
File: 1436537321379.jpg (42 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1436537321379.jpg
42 KB, 436x436
>>27216242
pointless to read anything like that
>>27216259
>>27216567
this is correct, you are either born with great, healthy genes which give you a radiant, good look which naturally attracts people to you or you spend your life buying into consumerist based, mental gymnastics of "just get a haircut, buy cosmetic products, get a good job, make lots of money, spend money for the gym" etc pointless horseshit parroted by retards like >>27216564
>>27216613
Morons that won't get off their high horse being condescending to you while never saw the flipside of being born with shit genes and male which makes you a workhorse for the society, wait not even the dignity of a horse, more like a donkey that everyone hits, throws shit at curses and makes you bear huge loads.

Fuck you normalfags i hope you all get cancer and die so i can come to your graves, spit on them and tell you "you should have just been yourself and maybe lifted some more to fight off this cancer"
>>
>>27216631
Just because you only value physical traits as being attractive or not doesn't mean thats how everybody else works. You've also already decided that you're ugly, so nothing anybody says will convince you otherwise. The truth is, if you just wouldn't act ugly or have an ugly personality you could go far.

I'm not gonna spend a thread arguing in circles about this though, any advice given on this board is met by a brick wall
>>
>>27216685
i don't want "advices" from delusional retards such as yourself fuck off
>>
I will check that, thanks OP.
>>
>>27216242
Holy fuck, skimmed over it and it just so badly written. It's like a poor attempt at Zizek's ADHD-style of writing

Disgusting.
>>
>>27216685
>The truth is, if you just wouldn't act ugly

Do you honestly believe this? No amount of acting will make Frank Ribery or Maisie Wiliams attractive.
>>
File: 3508439399_38d251d927_o.jpg (53 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
3508439399_38d251d927_o.jpg
53 KB, 392x500
Shitty self inserts should be deleted.
>>
>>27216647
Exactly. But even a roided up male model isn't actually viewed at as being attractive if he treats the world as shit on the bottom of his shoe. Thinking otherwise is just another excuse robots use to justify their ways.

And don't for a moment think that the majority of this board has any moral values
>>
>>27216685
Do you deny that there are physically ugly people?
>muh personality
People will think you have a better personality if you are more attractive this has been shown time and time again.
If 99.9% of people find you ugly what hope do you have?
>>
>>27216673
Your horse-faced mom and dorky looking father were able to fuck and produce your dumpy looking ass. You don't need to be attractive to reproduce, people fuck no matter what.
>>
>>27216242
We're not reading your shitty article tumblrfag.
>>
>>27216242
It's not a good argument
it deconstructs everything because one of their tenets is everything is connected by the same basic values, but it has the basic values down wrong
>>
>>27216685

>le personality meme

40 keks, no girl on earth gives a shit about personality. In the eyes of people you are a bad person if you are ugly even though you could be a saint.
>>
>>27216730
>But even a roided up male model isn't actually viewed at as being attractive if he treats the world as shit on the bottom of his shoe.
Yes they are.
Jeff Seid is a air-headed egotistical idiot and people still think he looks great is very attractive. His entire career is built around his aesthetics.
>>
>>27216242
>"In puberty, we learn the rules of status games and pick a strategy to maximize gain or minimize loss. We learn how incredible it feels to level up, to be valued and desired. We learn what will get us that feeling. "

....we don't, though. That's kind of why we're here. If we learned these rules and had a strategy, we would be out with our friends and/or gfs right now.
>>
>>27216242
>How to be attractive
>Kill yourself
>Get reincarnated
>If reincarnated as ugly person, keep dying until desired effects
>>
>>27216721
>>27216738
There are tons of physically ugly people. But plenty of them make up for that in plenty of ways that makes them not only redeemable but attractive to others. You don't have to believe it but its the truth. If physical attractiveness is an end-all be-all in your mind, you should take a step back and analyze what you actually value when judging a person.
>>
>>27216730
>Exactly. But even a roided up male model isn't actually viewed at as being attractive if he treats the world as shit on the bottom of his shoe. Thinking otherwise is just another excuse robots use to justify their ways.

The fact that Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande are still viewed as attractive disproves this. Grande flat-out said that she hates Americans and I bet most of us would still say that she's good looking
>>
>>27216747
Where did i say anything about reproducing, you retarded mongoloid? I don't give a shit about reproducing, i want the halo effect of being attractive and the good life that comes with it. Reproducing has nothing to do with that, i couldn't care less and even if i did why the fuck would i reproduce my bad genes and force it on a being that has no fault for that? Just because people are retards and do it all the time doesn't mean i automatically want to do it.
>>
>>27216730

Fucking serial killers and convicts get fangirls fawning over them, what the fuck are you talking about? If you are attractive you can get away with every fucking thing.
>>
All you faggots parroting the same attractiveness is static shit are pissing yourselves at the thought that you could be wrong.

This isn't poorly written. You would call Oscar Wilde poorly written. You've just never read good prose in your entire life.
>>
>>27216774
>If physical attractiveness is an end-all be-all in your mind, you should take a step back and analyze what you actually value when judging a person.

It's the most important factor that people consider when they're trying to figure out who they want to date and sometimes even who they just want to be friends with. If you give any man in america the choice between dating a bitchy hot girl and a nice landwhale, they will choose the bitchy hot girl every time. Same goes for women with an asshole hot guy and a sweet fatass.
>>
>>27216775
They're celebrities. Only preteens think they're attractive, because preteens are extremely suggestible by media. Media icons aren't representative of the average human being and any well adjusted adult knows this
>>
>>27216730
>But even a roided up male model isn't actually viewed at as being attractive if he treats the world as shit on the bottom of his shoe.

B U L L S H I T

Women even write letters to LITERAL serial killers in prison because they want to fuck them m8.

You have zero idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>27216794
>You've just never read good prose in your entire life.
Kek yes I have.
Don't get butthurt we didn't want to read your shitty overwrought tumblr post.
>>
>>27216242
>Read my tumblr. I think very highly of myself but nobody else does.

Sage in all fields.
>>
>>27216774
>But plenty of them make up for that in plenty of ways that makes them not only redeemable but attractive to others
There's nothing the equals the value people put on others aesthetically
There have been studies that show that people correlate things like good personality, high social status, and basically everything people value with good looks
Being rich, happy, or successful doesn't make you as attractive as actually being attractive

Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it's not true
People still defend R Kelly but Jared Fogel just got beat up in prison
>>
>>27216794
Did we hurt your feelings? Your tumblr is shit. Cut your head off and facefuck it.
>>
>>27216685
>You've also already decided that you're ugly, so nothing anybody says will convince you otherwise.
Triggered
>>
>>27216799
>They're celebrities. Only preteens think they're attractive

For fuck's sake...ok, fine then, look at a more "adult" example, like Miranda Kerr. 99% of men would say that she's hot, and being told that she's not a nice person would not change our opinion on that matter at all. Same goes for women with any popular male celeb you can think of.
>>
>>27216794
>pissing yourselves at the thought that you could be wrong.
Why would that be the case. Because we'd have to actually try? If you're right that means we have a chance if we try, if you're wrong we will be fucked no matter what. But this is such an ambiguous question I don't know what to think
>>
>>27216808
>>27216822
>>27216851

I didn't write this. I'm not capable of such insight. This is the writing of an intelligent forensic psychiatrist, writing exclusively for the sake of preserving his sanity and for your benefit. Take what good you can out of it for there is plenty there for you. Leave the rest.
>>
>>27216242
>>27216495
>implying

Let me tell you how wrong you are, coming from someone who is facially attractive:
>high school
>recently changed schools so everyone knows everyone in the class but I don't know anybody
>get to present myself in front of the class
>teacher asks what my hobbies are/what I like to do
>answer honestly: videogames, painting miniatures, P&P
>about as unattractive on the hobby side as it gets
>6 (now 7) guys in class, 6 girls
>2 of said girls are the most attractive in school
>did I mention how I showered once a week and while I am generally not the foul smelling type it was plenty noticeable?
>did I also mention how I didn't shave or cut my hair (latter of which was down to my shoulders)?
>and how I was DYEL skeleton mode?
>immediately fall in with everyone else no problem
>few weeks go by, see girls looking at me in class often
>teacher needs to go do a thing leaves us alone for 40 minutes
>spitball everywhere
>thick bits of saliva-dripping paper on the blackboard
>class is disgusted
>fine I'll clean it up
>everyone still treating me exactly as before
>really gassy one day
>let a massive one rip in the classroom
>foul as fuck and could be heard in the corridor outside
>the very same lunch break, the aforementioned two hottest girls in the school approach me and ask me for my phone number and to hang out

Yes I know, I don't fit here REEEEE GET OUT CHAD, but my point is the whole "NUH UH YOU ARENT BORN WITH IT" is bullshit. I know why they do it, I tell my uglier friends that they can do it too because I feel kinda bad for them, but I know full well that it's a lie. Sure a lot of people are somewhere in-between and can improve themselves, but if you are born with fucked facial genetics there isn't much you can do to help (and inversely, if you were lucky with them, you can get away with almost anything).

TL:DR normalfags telling you it's not true are lying shits.
>>
>>27216242
>"A well-dressed person is essentially wearing a costume: if you put an ugly guy an expensive suit, his face is barely relevant, he becomes the suit."

This is complete bullshit. An ugly man in a suit is still an ugly man. Do you really think women would take the average /r9k/ poster in an expensive suit over the guy who plays Captain America in jeans and a t-shirt?
>>
>>27216886
What's P&P?
>>
>>27216877
>I'm not capable of such insight
>But I am going to explain it as if I did have the insight
>and I am going to argue as if I did understand the topic as well
>and I going to defend it even though I can't understand the topic enough to write something like it
>>
>>27216901
Pen and paper, stuff like D&D.
>>
>>27216901
Party and Play
it means sex while high on drugs, typically meth or cocaine
>>
File: tatsu.jpg (105 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
tatsu.jpg
105 KB, 960x540
Please stop trying to talk down to ugly people.

I'm ugly. I will always be ugly. All the nice clothing, moisturizers and hair gel in the world will not prevent me from being ugly. No one will ever be legitimately attracted to me. Anyone who "loves me" is settling for less than they deserve.

This is something I just have to deal with for the rest of my life. There is no way to "become attractive".
>>
>>27216913
Continue to focus on me, as if it matters or means anything. Moron.
>>
>>27216915
Okay that makes more sense. I found >>27216937 when I googled it and that seemed pretty chadly.
>>
>>27216886
This.
this.
this.

It's all a fucking meme. You can strive to max look, but don't have high hopes.
>>
>>27216242
https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/7529
>>
>>27216947
I've already said my peace about the article itself
Now I'm talking about how you continue to defend the article that is written mostly with personal opinions and bias
>>
File: 1457870079260.gif (989 KB, 455x344) Image search: [Google]
1457870079260.gif
989 KB, 455x344
>>27216937
>>27216915

>Two completely different explanations.
>>
>>27216972
my post was a joke
if you're into PartynPlay, you're probably not going to be on 4chan talking about how to be attractive
>>
>>27216901
Piss & Poop
>>
>>27216972
Considering the context of it, I assume pen and paper is what the original poster meant.
>>
>>27216242
that's too fucking long

>>27216259
/thread
>>
>OP writes a book on dumblr thinking it will change your life 5ever
>anons immediately see it for the false hope preachy bullshit it is
good job robots. now we can stay miserable with confidence.
>>
Holy crap this is so typical of tumblr it hurts.

"I'm not creative/original enough to create my own visual content, but I am creative/original enough to show you how quirky I am with Charles I, random French, abstract pseudo-profundities and a bear in a party hat."

>>27216242
>Don't complain that it's on tumblr.
>Posts something that demonstrates every reason tumblr is contemptible.
>>
>>27216786
>complain about not getting laid
>cite your attractiveness
>realize your attitude probably is the reason you can't fuck normie girls
Of course you're not going to fuck 10/10 girls, settle for what you have.
>>
File: 1458164931965.png (228 KB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
1458164931965.png
228 KB, 1152x1728
>We all fantasize of being beautiful and with a beautiful person. People who are less than 8/10 usually manage to find someone: a 2 with a 2, a 4 with a 6, a 6 with a 7, etc. All of these sub-8 relationships remind me of playing "house" as a kid: you play Mommy and I'll play Daddy. Let's pretend. When you're taking your date out for a fancy dinner, even if you are a 7 with a 7, it is role play. When you get your dick sucked in your car down by the lake and think you're part of some hot sexual act, it is not, you are pretending. When you get photos taken together, deep down, you're trying to convince yourself that you're the hot couple which you will never be. We make each other feel better by allowing each other to pretend to be the sexy people that we are not. 8+ people do it for real. [/r9k/]
Did he just cite a post on r9k?
>>
>>27217055
>settle for what you have
I'd rather not play the game Tbh.
>>
>>27216685
>You've also already decided that you're ugly
Not him, but people told me that I'm ugly and mocked me for it until I cried and lauged at me until I couldn't take it anymore.

I didn't wake up one day and decided that I was ugly, people made sure I knew I was ugly.
>>
>>27217055
that only works if the other person is willing to settle as well.
>>
File: really.jpg (191 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
191 KB, 1280x800
>>27216877
>I didn't write this. I'm not capable of such insight.
>>
>>27216877
>>27217064
>This is the writing of an intelligent forensic psychiatrist
>citing /r9k/
>>
>>27217055
WHICH IS FUCKING WHAT AND FUCKING WHERE
>>
>>27217054
Even the name of the blog.

It's like an indie rock band that dissolves the second they get a radio hit.

>Hey, do you like Hotel Concierge?
>*scoffs* I did, before you started liking them.
>>
>>27217064
>2 with a 2,
Nope, the 2/10 girl gets a 5/10 bf and the 2/10 boy usually dies young from suicide or drugs or risky behaviors of all kinds because he has no one at all, ever.
>>
So much of your identity relies on the assumption that attraction is fixed.

And that is why you can't entertain the idea that you are wrong. The stakes are too high for your ego. Being wrong means fundamentally changing who you are.
>>
File: 1457992247918.jpg (52 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
1457992247918.jpg
52 KB, 640x435
>yfw OP spent time and effort on writing that thing expecting adulation upon posting it
>>
>>27217055
Yes! Settle! Just wait for your time, you don't wanna be ungrateful for the one opportunity you'll have in your life now would you?
>>
ITT: delusional ugly people who want to feel like they have a chance

You're either born with it or you're not
>>
>>27217065
>>27217078
>>27217090
>>27217124
>I deserve the best, always
This much narcissism is unhealthy. You aren't that great, and you don't deserve greatness unless you BE great.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (279 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
279 KB, 960x1280
>>27216685
>"you just decided ur ugly m8 XD"
>>
>>27217108
So much of your identity relies on the assumption that attraction sometimes isn't fixed.

And that is why you can't entertain the idea that you are wrong. The stakes are too high for your ego. Being wrong means fundamentally changing who you are.
>>
>>27217143
I take it you haven't been reading the thread then? Literally the opposite is happening ITT.
>>
>>27217153
>Put him in a suit! Nobody will know the difference!
>>
>>27216242

This was really disappointing.
>>
>>27217155
>So much of your identity relies on the assumption that attraction sometimes isn't fixed.
That very statement proves that not only would attraction also be fixed at certain points, known points, but also that you don't know what you're talking about
If attraction is fixed, we know what standards people have for attraction and can work from there
You aren't giving a convincing argument, you're just copying and pasting whatever the dude on tumblr said and then shitting out responses because you can't even explain it yourself
>>
>>27217148
>I'll just pretend they said something that they did not say at all
Tumblr delusion is showing.
>>
>>27217148
>You aren't that great, and you don't deserve greatness unless you BE great
But I'm not asking for greatness, I'm asking for literally anything at all
I will take the most basic lowest common denominator
I will take the very least someone has
at least it's more than what I have now
>>
>>27217148
Why do you have a problem with my personal decision to enjoy my life alone rather than spend time and money in pursuit of settling in my mid to upper 20s?
>>
>>27216242
Sorry OP, this board isn't actually interested in being less miserable. They just want to stew in their own little pity party because changing their life is just too hard.
>>
>>27217232
How do I change what my face looks like?
>>
>>27217143
>>27217165
Here's my guess, I'm not a gambler but I'd be willing to bet on this one:

>Be OP.
>Be 4/10 girl.
>Get a few thirsty guys to sleep with me.
>Buy the whole 'sluts are fine' meme from feminism despite a deep feeling of shame.
>Finally end up in my first long term relationship with a desperate robot.
>Write a tumblr blog expressing how 'attractiveness must not be relevant because the genders are completely one hundred percent equal and I got laid and a relationship so all guys must be able to with the same ease independently of how attractive they are'.
>Convince myself with reality denying academia that asserts a very obvious difference between sexes doesn't exist.
>"Hey /r9k/, I know you guys have been suffering with the burden of 2 + 2 = 4, so I'm here to tell you it actually equals five. My proof? Well, I couldn't possibly be succinct about it. As we all know all great truths have needed at least a thousand words to be expressed."
>>
>>27217232
so what advice would you give this guy >>27217153
>>
File: Reddit btfo.png (55 KB, 910x584) Image search: [Google]
Reddit btfo.png
55 KB, 910x584
>manlet approaches 1000 women over the course of half a decade
>rejected by strangers and friends alike
>posts his situation on reddit to recieve sympathy and advice
>gets brigaded to the point of being banned because of being a "creep"
https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3n7zqs/as_of_today_i_have_been_rejected_1000_times/?sort=top
Top Comments:
>desperation is a stinky cologne and people can't smell their own
>Nobody wants to date the guy that asks a girl out almost every single day for three years!
>Dude you're a creep. Learn how to make people feel comfortable around you (ladies and gentlemen) and then you might have a chance to connect with someone before your creepy vibe sends them running for the hills. Relationships are built one step at a time, and if you try to run toward the top of the stairwell without doing the lower ones first it's no longer a step, but a wall you're running into.
>A girlfriend isn't something you "get." Love is not something you find. You can't go looking for these things like you're going to a grocery store. These are events. These are things that happen over the course of time.
>>
>>27217194
Here's what you wrote:
>So much of your identity relies on the assumption that attraction is fixed.

That's YOU generalising.

Your post seems to be a general response to this thread, and the post lacks any discernible argument. All it is is 'I'm right because you would be upset if I wasn't'
>>
>>27217249

OP is a guy, or at the very least a woman who identifies as a man (you never know with tumblr). There's a section at the end about how he was "Manic Pixie Dream Boy" in high school.
>>
>>27217250
he should get a new haircut and lift
>>
File: 525628.jpg (32 KB, 320x305) Image search: [Google]
525628.jpg
32 KB, 320x305
>>27217254
>you miss every shot you don't take!
>it's a numbers game!
>proceeds to follow advice
>lol creep!
>stop being so desperate!
>love isn't something you find!
>>
>>27217153
>lift weights
>grow beard
>dress nice
>smile more
easy 8/10 :)

the world is fair and just, anyone can do and be anything, otherwise you're just lazy :)
>>
File: colbert cain.gif (2 MB, 426x319) Image search: [Google]
colbert cain.gif
2 MB, 426x319
>>27216242
>>27217232
>samefagging this hard

I think you mean well, but your article/novel is just wrong. Especially when you try to argue that physical appearance doesn't matter, when it's by far the most important factor. It's not necessarily the only thing, we've all known the average-looking dude who got hot girls because he was incredibly funny and/or rich, but it does matter more than anything else.
>>
>>27217281
That wasn't actually me
I was just commenting on your argument
>>
>>27217281
> 'I'm right because you would be upset if I wasn't'

Of course, you couldn't just say that, you had to make it about 'identity' and 'ego' because you know damn well that logic doesn't matter to most people, you just need to sound smart.

And that's all you do, is sound smart, and that's all I set out to prove.

>You aren't giving a convincing argument

So much of your identity relies on the assumption that my arguments aren't convincing...

The effectiveness of this argument is showing you that your jargon can be literally applied to any statement and then asserted without evidence.
>>
>>27217281
I'm clearly talking to people that refuse to entertain the premise of the essay. I'm talking to those who refuse to read it because they think they already know the answer. It's a psychological defense to preserve the ego.
>>
File: file.png (459 KB, 615x701) Image search: [Google]
file.png
459 KB, 615x701
y-yu mean i can rely be 8/10 handsum if i lift weights and act confident?

t-tanks OP!! ahm gon to seize da day! i ned to stop bein lazy!! t-tank yu for ur advice! im glad we live in a fair world!
>>
>>27217344

>That wasn't actually me
See:
>>27217328
>I was just commenting on your argument
And:
>>27217345

So you're not content with just sounding like you're making an argument when really you're just making assertions? Now you need to win the argument by samefagging and acting as if people agree with you, which is another fallacy. Something isn't right just because more people believe it.

If you have to rely on such things, at what point do you just introspect for like, five minutes, and seriously ask yourself "Hmm, could I possibly be full of shit?"
>>
>>27217363

I have read it, and I disagree with it. Especially the parts where you say that the "character" people play matters more than physical appearance. You say that an ugly man in a nice suit is the suit and that his face doesn't matter, when this just isn't true. He's still ugly, and he's still unappealing unless he's wearing the most expensive suit available and he just stepped out of a ferrari. And even then, he's not attractive, he's just rich and people want his money. The same thing goes for an ugly woman in an expensive dress.
>>
>>27217391

Uh...I'm not the other guy you're arguing with. I'm this guy >>27217328, you're arguing with this guy >>27217344. Is it really so hard to believe that more than one person disagrees with you?
>>
>>27217363
>Argument from jargon.
>Argument from popularity.

Now

>Arguing against a red herring.

Okay, you're *clearly without backlinks* arguing against this group of people who you *know without evidence* haven't read the essay. I'll concede that.

Doesn't change the fact that your argument is just an assertion.

Here's another example using the post I'm responding to:

You think the essay provides answers. It's a psychological defense to preserve the ego.
>>
File: ugh.png (14 KB, 889x212) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
14 KB, 889x212
>>27217391
I don't know what you want me to say anon
>>
File: laughing statues.jpg (236 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
laughing statues.jpg
236 KB, 1024x768
>If you are truly scrupulous, you should be polyamorous: no risk of infidelity, no risk of being too boring, can't renege on no commitment, no need to ever fight. And, of course, you should be asexual. Sex is messy and confusing, someone could get hurt!
>>
>>27217436
Okay, so I took a stab in the dark and was wrong.

Either way, the argument is bollocks. Samefag or not, it's never a good move to say 'You're wrong because you wouldn't enjoy being wrong'.
>>
>>27217465
>Either way, the argument is bollocks.

Hi, this guy >>27217328 again. How is the argument bollocks? Physical appearance is the most important factor, and it's not something that changes just because you put on a suit.
>>
I read it and thought it was interesting idk I have no comments on it though. I think I agree with the premise about narratives and framing but idk about attractiveness.
>>
>>27217465
>Okay, so I took a stab in the dark and was wrong.
> it's never a good move to say 'You're wrong because you wouldn't enjoy being wrong'
This entire thread was built on the premise of
"This tumblr post is right, you're wrong, read it"
There has been literally no argument made in this thread that has been valid and full of any real substantial evidence that back the claims that both the tumblr article and your defense of it are correct or even matter
>>
>>27216242
There's a difference between

>how to be attractive
and
>how to be MORE attractive

You fucking moron
>>
>>27217481
The argument I'm referring to was:
>>27217108

Which is more of an assertion, so I can understand the confusion.
>>
I like it, OP. It's pretty insightful shit. Thank you
>>
>>27217254

>I got friendzoned." "Whatever man, you were just too afraid to tell her what you thought, and she assumed you were just a friend. Your fault.

>I've approached dozens of women and everyone of them turned me down! "Woah there Barney Stinson! No way you were actually attracted to them all. Shouldn't you get to know them, become their friend, identify their unique inner beauty?"

>I'm only ever attracted to/approach a small portion of women I click with, but nothing has worked out. "Come on man, dating is a numbers game, just start talking to people. Ask them out for the hell of it without hanging your self worth on the answer. Or maybe just hang out with them, get to know them. You'll improve eventually, and one of them is bound to say yes."
>>
File: roald-dahl-2.jpg (262 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
roald-dahl-2.jpg
262 KB, 500x750
A bit of a long read but it's interesting.
Anyway, I never really looked at myself as ugly or unattractive on a visual level, my main problem right now is that I'm a boring person that no one really bothers to be around with.
I gotta fix that.
>>
>read first paragraph
>no thesis statement
>keep reading ten or so paragraphs in
>no actual argument or meaning in sight
Fuck off OP you attention starved prick and delete your shitty tumblr account.
>>
File: 82380.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
82380.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>27217583
make them die
>>
That was the most autistic thing I have ever read in my life. Its like someone got their entire world view based on reddit comments and youtube. Go to any college campus, bar or social gathering. Its the same type of top tier male that is getting all the attention. Its no different than animals in the wild.
>>
>>27217712

>no actual argument or meaning in sight

Yeah, I skimmed through a good chunk of it looking for something challenging or useful but couldn't find anything, just a stream of things people learn in their late teens and early 20s.

The only thing that was somewhat interesting was the assertion of people preferring composite faces more than symmetrical faces, but the only actual bottom line I could gather is "to be attractive, you have to be a normie"
>>
>If you recall, when you first discovered the thrill of senpai noticing you
Dropped. I don't care if this would save my life, I'm not reading after that.
>>
>>27216242

OP, are you the author of this article? I read it and was really impressed. still have a lot of questions as follow-ups though, how best to contact you?
>>
>>27218009
kek it makes
>This is the writing of an intelligent forensic psychiatrist
only funnier.
>>
This was incredibly bloated. It felt like reading a 24 year old man tell you repeatedly how smart he was while gradually gesturing at the argument that you should present yourself to fit a narrative. It probably isn't particularly incorrect, but it was very obnoxious.
>>
>>27216730
I would not suggest the majority has moral values but that is because the majority are normies.

I have to follow moral values even if it makes me not a normie. It's in my soul.
>>
>>27218205
Nice spooky soul you got there kid.
>>
>>27218237
Thank you. I'm older than you though.
>>
I'm going to need a TL;DR of the TL;DR because that shit is just way too fucking long.
>>
>>27216242
>trigger warnings:

stopped reading right there
>>
>>27216747

People aren't born as fully formed adults. Nature isn't worth much without proper nurture. Good genes can be flushed down the toilet if you were malnourished or had other limiting factors.
>>
>>27216886
This, I know a 30 year old virgin and fucking guess what?

He's an ugy 5'6 manlet with shitty hair and a weak chin, so it's not always the case, sometimes average people or even slightly above average people can end up like that but in the great majority of the cases it's uggos.
>>
>>27216899
You're right, it reminds me of that image of the small headed man with a suit that is quite common around 4chan
>>
>>27218514
Yes, but also you can be born ugly from good looking parents, it can easily happens.
>>
>Try reading it
>"Consider your last breakup"

Oh, so this is only for already attractive people to feel attractive. Got it.
>>
File: isaac-likes-sean-opry-2[1].jpg (134 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
isaac-likes-sean-opry-2[1].jpg
134 KB, 1200x901
>>27218545

The genetic dice roll is a mother fucker isn't it?
>>
File: 1457741404359 (1).jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1457741404359 (1).jpg
23 KB, 337x372
>>27216760
Seriously, I don't remember that part of puberty. Just extreme sexual frustration.
>>
Holy shit that was awful to read. I can't believe you got me to read that OP. That hurt me physically.
>>
>someone thought they were being clever when they wrote this
>>
>>27216242
Thanks mate

Will report back!
>>
File: soi6ekahhd.png (183 KB, 900x1156) Image search: [Google]
soi6ekahhd.png
183 KB, 900x1156
>>27216685
>Just because you only value physical traits as being attractive or not doesn't mean thats how everybody else works. You've also already decided that you're ugly, so nothing anybody says will convince you otherwise. The truth is, if you just wouldn't act ugly or have an ugly personality you could go far.
Guess all this guy needs is an attitude adjustment!
>>
Do you think someone would go this far to troll? Because if I had done such a thing I'd be giggling my ass off right now.
>>
biggest tl;dr ever. That (I assume woman) has no understanding of how to get to the point. The few stats that are presented quickly get drowned by the snow of irrelevant filler that appears to make the majority of the argument

please, just tell me wtf they are trying to say
>>
>>27216747
>children are exact copies of their parents

wow you are a dummie

recommended reading: 6th grade biology
>>
That fucking essay is a fucking mess... not even joking famfam... it jumps from argument to argument without giving anything meaningful to the reader, it's an honest to god mess
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.