[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Bundy.jpg (7 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
Bundy.jpg
7 KB, 285x177
So I am doing an essay on certain mental health disorders for my major. I am focusing on Antisocial Personality Disorder and thought some of you could help me out a bit. Note: I do not want you self diagnosing normies answering my questions. Strictly you robots that have been diagnosed under the Dsm 5.

1. I know that people with Aspd have trouble connecting with people. Is it the same for immediate family? What would you feel or not feel if say, your mother died.

2. You get into an elevator with a 40 year old male standing 6ft and weighing 200 pounds. He glares at you for a decent amount of time and slightly bumps into you on the way out. What would you do in that situation if there was no one else around?

3. I have read a lot about how people with Aspd have reduced fear due to certain receptors being blocked. Is there anything that some of you fear, in any moderation?

4. Do you think you were born with the disorder (conduct disorder until you are 18) or did you change due to events in your life? When did you notice you were different from others?

5. Say you have a 1967 mint Mustang and a group of neighborhood kids are caught throwing rocks at it that scratched the finish and dented the frame. What would you do?

Thank you if you have the disorder and participate! Bonus points if you talk with me more about your condition.
>>
You're just going to get fake psychopaths. People on this board love to act like special snowflakes with their smorgasbord collection of personality disorders
>>
I've been diagnosed with ASPD, but many psychologists and psychiatrists disagree with that diagnosis. Would you still be interested in my input?
>>
>>27214435
I certainly would be. I know a lot of people get different diagnoses when it comes to Aspd. A lot of psychologists think you have to be a violent felon that wants to kill people to have Aspd but it's simply not true. There is a big spectrum to the disorder
>>
Op here. If you could also tell me what kind of music you listen to that would be great. If you don't like music, please explain why. Also what genre do you like the most and why?
>>
>>27214576
rap music and hip hop

i love it when the guns go brrrrrat
>>
>>27214458
I'm at work right now but I'll type up a nice long reply if the thread is still up when I get home. Should be another two hours or so.
>>
>>27214576
Classical music and sometimes Jazz
>>
>>27214630
That would be great. Thanks!
>>
>>27214640
Could you explain why you prefer those genres over other ones?
>>
>>27214665
Because my taste in music is superior
>>
>>27214717
Why do you think that your taste of music is superior?
>>
>>27214741
I am a gentleman
I do not like dealing with normie plebs
>>
>>27214766
You sound autistic.
Originalpostblox
>>
>>27214380
>you're just going to get fake psychopaths
>on a board that worships Elliot Rodger

The problem with psychological labels is two-fold: Idiots identify with them out of a need to feel special, idiots dismiss them out of an awareness for the former idiots.
>>
>>27214918
I agree. I was hoping that due to everyone being anonymous more people with aspd would participate. I don't have the clearance to interview a psychopath in prison and the ones irl hide what they are. On here they can be themselves.
>>
>I am focusing on Antisocial Personality Disorder and thought some of you could help me out a bit.

I kek'd so hard.
>>
>>27214950
Most people with Aspd are also narcissists. I study mental health for a living and the one thing a psychopath loves to do is talk about him/herself. I know they don't care or want to help me. I am just hoping some would like to talk about themselves here in this thread.
>>
I was diagnosed with ASPD other diagnoses suggesting aspergers, so I'll do what I can.
By situation/question, in chronological order:
>1
I have no real trouble connecting, but have trouble emoting. I can find a 'connection' in almost anyone, but I would probably just wave off seeing a very sick best friend in the hospital and just dread the complaining and drama rather than my ineptitude and amorality. If my mother died, I would sooner begin planning handling the background/aftermath and would cease to feel quite fast.
>2
I would simply glare back and not say a word until confrontation, in which case probably criticize everything I scan my eyes over in the most succinct way possible. Most likely no violence as my anger can get beyond rationality very fast, like a switch, and I have to bite myself to calm it down, leaving marks and skin dents.
>3
Extreme failure, and being caught doing something considered 'bad'. Serial-killer esque, but I'd like all possibilities to exclude being surrounded by either inferior or morally righteous people lecturing me again and again over something I KNOW already was 'wrong', but overall pretty apathetic/ rashly fearless.
>4
I did notice a trend of hyper-masculinity and unreasonable anger/bursts of emotion growing up. My childhood was a mix of over-pampering and never-ending condescension/ looming punishment, so apathy to situations made me stronger I believed. I also could never really relate, and would struggle to find common ground with emotions.
>5
Fuck someone's family car up, put the evidence in the kids' room and watch the neighborhood go to town. That or complain as intimidatingly as possible (which with the whole apathy thing people say I do well, voice and body structure help too).

I hope this aids you, thanks for investigating the condition :)
>>
>>27214380
This. We are a mess because of how society is nowadays, not because we are tortured geniuses
>>
>>27215026
It does indeed! Thank you very much for taking the time to answer those questions.
>>
>>27214266
bumping this shit
originalbump
>>
>>27214652
Back at home, my reply as promised:

1. I have a very, very hard time connecting with my immediate family. When my little brother died I never mourned, never cried, just carried about my business as usual. I would be ecstatic if one of my parents died, especially my mother. I've got terrible, unaddressed mommy and daddy issues that are largely responsible for that, though. I also have a little sister who I have an extremely hard time relating to in any way, and I also harbor some resentment towards her but not nearly as much as my parents.

2. If I knew the man? Find out where he works, where he parks his car, and key it or give it a nice dent. If it was a complete stranger? Not going to risk getting my ass beat from a direct confrontation, and since I'll never see him again it wouldn't be worth the effort to fuck with him further. I would be extremely pissed off, though.

3. I've been skydiving, done some extreme sports, handled myself well in life-or-death situations and kept my cool when slammed to the floor by three military police with guns pressed against my head. Plus much more that I'm sure you could guess. What terrifies me isn't any of that- it's mosquitoes and spiders. I am deathly allergic to them, and a single bite can send me to the hospital for a week or more. I nearly lost my arm a few years ago from a series of spider bites all along my right arm. If I see a large spider or I'm stuck in a room with a mosquito, I'll struggle to maintain my composure and will usually drop whatever I'm doing to kill it. It's not some irrational phobia, I think that the fear is completely warranted.

1/2, didn't want to skimp on the details
>>
>>27216340

4. I was absolutely born with a predisposition towards violence and death, I've been attracted to these things for as long as I can remember. I bullied other kids long before I really understood what I was doing. My parent's influence also greatly exacerbated my behavior, the way I acted out towards other kids, destruction of property, getting around the law, my mental health declining, etc. It's a combination of nature and nurture.

I first really noticed that I was different from other kids in elementary school, maybe the 2nd or 3rd grade. All of the girls my age were obsessed with boys and gossip and clothes, all of the boys were busy playing games and exploring and proving how tough they were, and all I cared about was hurting other people. I didn't enjoy the same things that they did, didn't react the same way that they did, I had to constantly lie and pretend to be the same way they were so no one would suspect me of anything. Not to mention several incidents where I wasn't careful enough and had it explained to me that my behavior wasn't acceptable.

5. I'd record as much of it as I could on my phone, save the video in several places, and bring it to the police. While they conducted their investigation, I would find out where the kids lived at and show it to their parents as well. They wouldn't beat them as hard as I would, but they'd be able to do so without getting thrown in prison. After they were punished by their parents, I would take them to court for the destruction of my property and fuck them over as hard as possible.
>>
>>27214266
1. YES I WOULD PROBABLY CRY
2. CLOCK HIM IN THE FUCKING THROAT THE SECOND HE BUMPS ME
3. I FEAR MYSELF
4. IDK IM JUST ANSWERING UR QUESTIONS
5. IF I CAN FIND THEM I'D THREATEN TO SUE THE SHIT OUT OF THEIR PARENTS UNLESS THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT WOULD MAKE THEIR KIDS MY PERSONAL SLAVES FOR A MONTH. IF NOT I'LL JUST GET IT REPAIRED. I DONT REALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT CARS DESU.
>>
fuckin OP abandoned his thread as soon as he started getting replies
>>
>>27214266

1) I'd honestly probably either bawl like a bitch for ages or nothing depending on the family member. My mother was on one hand a cheating whore but on the other a kind mother, I dunno.

2) I'd most likely say sorry

3) increased fear of the dark and such. Reduced fear of shit like mountain hiking/climbing.

4) I dunno mang. Most likely change due to the fact that I got bullied in primary

5) I'd think pretty deranged edgy shit like slow and painful torture of their loved ones whilst they watched etc. but then move on.

I come across as a bit of a lazy conceited cunt if I ever manage to talk to people so I'm generally hated.
>>
>>27218435
Also something to add. Growing up in chingchong gave a a really fucking bad trait as a perfectionist or completionist. If I ever strive or accomplish something if it isn't 100 fucking percent perfect I beat the shit outta myself. Assignments especially. I'll do it, but forever brood on the fact that it isn't 100% . Most evident when I bowl in cricket. If it isn't the top of off stump perfect ball but I still get a wicket I can't even get satisfaction. Also bit of a mouse.
>>
>>27218506
>Also bit of a mouse.
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>27214266
1. It's the opposite for me. I like my friends, but despise my immediate family. I couldn't care less if my mother died. Actually, I'd be overjoyed.
2. I would try to get away from him. I'm a small girl and have been raped before and I'd rather not risk getting involved with a random large man.
3. I'm not usually afraid of anything until it happens. I don't live in fear of being killed, but when I am in a car being driven to a warehouse I will be afraid.
4. I definitely developed it. I didn't notice myself being different from others that much, but after the incident with my mother, which I'd rather not get into, I definitely changed. I was diagnosed with ASPD awhile after.
5. I wouldn't want to do harm or kill a child. But I would be enraged, and I can't contain myself when I'm enraged. I wouldn't know what I'd do.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.