[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You Are Not Smart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: 123AndySpeer01.jpg (152 KB, 490x694) Image search: [Google]
123AndySpeer01.jpg
152 KB, 490x694
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200901/why-are-taller-people-more-intelligent-shorter-people

Well /r9k/, you can go ahead a put an end to this meme of yours that you're all just oh-so intelligent and hot bitches ignore your intelligence because they're vain whores who only care about physicality. If any of you retards actually studied hard science you'd realize that more attractive men are also typically more intelligent, so even hypothetical women who only care about the intellect would still prefer Chad with glasses over your dumb ass.
Not only will most of you never reproduce, in all likelihood you'll be utterly inconsequential in the intellectual fields compared to the bespectacled Chads who impregnate bitches on the reg.

Good luck in community college, fags
I go to Stanford University btw
>>
we know this and we don't care

most of us here have accepted our fates

we're just rotting away day by day until we die
>>
The mean is brought down by people with serious disorders, disorders that usually make them very ugly and very short as well as mentally deficient.
>>
plenty of people who shaped our world are ugly. false premise
>>
File: 1440184824532.jpg (35 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1440184824532.jpg
35 KB, 720x540
>>27213849
Given that your post espouses false claims discounted in the articles linked in the OP, I deduce that you didn't even bother to peruse them before autistically trying to justify the findings of the study in a shallow attempt to shield your fragile world view from reality.
Good to see that my hypothesis that you're retarded is holding up. Looking forward to your peer review.
>>
>>27213761
bullshit, Jews are the smarted and they're fucking deformed hobbits
>>
File: 404.jpg (2 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
2 KB, 300x57
>>27213761
>the psychology equivalent of 'womens day'
>expects anyone to take it seriously
>>
>>27213921
>espouses (used incorrectly), deduce, peruse (used incorrectly), hypothesis, peer-review (used incorrectly)
>unnecessarily complicated sentence form
Stop trying to sound smart dude. It's cringey. It seems like you read those articles and thought that maybe if you act smart, you'll be handsome and tall. lmao.
>>
>>27213761
If this is true, then those of us at USC are way smarter than you ugly nerdy fuckers at Stanford.
>>
>>27214039
And those at UCLA are more smarter than both of you.
>>
>>27214039
>USC
>Smarter than literally the best school in the world

TOP fucking KEK
>>
>>27213761
Cancer: the post

looks have nothing to do with intelligence fool, chads and uggos can be intelligent who cares just shut the fuck up and focus on your own stuff
>>
>>27214074

Just arguing against the OP's premise. Attractive people are rated as more intelligent just because they have more confidence, and don't paralyze themselves with lots of second-guessing and self-doubt like truly intelligent inquisitive people do.

According to the OP, Cal Tech should be full of super models. Or AZ State should be full of geniuses.
>>
>>27213761
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-decision-tree/201107/science-confirms-astrology

>science confirms astrology

Seems like a reputable source you have there, OP.
>>
>everybody knows that intelligence and education are closely related
I didn't expect much from this bullshit but really?
They asked teachers to categorize children into attractive and unattractive and this proves that intelligent people are more beautiful?
This is beyond and above any common sense perception.
Also beauty is entirely subjective, the explanation from the author is
>nah-uh it isn't
And then the author dismissed the halo effect with
>this isn't true I do not have to explain my reason logically
>>
>>27213761
>intelligence
>attractive
>beautiful

Such well defined terms with an objective meaning that everyone will agree upon.

Sounds like these scientists really know their stuff.
>>
>>27213921
>being verbose means I am correct
>>
>>27214136
>subjectivity

exactly, everything is a fucking oxymoron. Whats objective in the eyes of one individual is subjective in the eyes of another
>>
File: 1440185831521.jpg (15 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1440185831521.jpg
15 KB, 192x154
>>27214012
>Thinking any of those words were used incorrectly

Are you fags even trying anymore?
>>
>>27214012
"Espouse" means to adopt a viewpoint. It's more applicable to persons and groups rather than words.

"Peruse" means to read very closely. In the context you used, you were looking for a word more between it and "skim."

To "peer review" something is just to review something for your peers. As a noun, it simply refers to works that have been peer-reviewed. The context in which you used it made no sense. It would have made more sense to say something like "I'm looking forward to your thesis" or something like that.

Basically, you used words that people who aren't educated use to make themselves sound educated, not knowing they're using them correctly.

Keep going, and make sure you don't forget to use a childish reaction image of a cartoon this time as well.
>>
>>27214125
Intelligence and education are highly-correlated. That's why people today are a lot more intelligent than people for 100 years ago.
>>
>>27214254
> That's why people today are a lot more intelligent than people for 100 years ago
>a lot more intelligent than people for 100 years ago
>than people for 100 years ago
>than people
>for
>100
>years
>ago
>>
File: 1437585979307.jpg (22 KB, 480x347) Image search: [Google]
1437585979307.jpg
22 KB, 480x347
>>27214240
>Your words espouse a certain view
>Espouse works
>You didn't even bother to thoroughly read the articles
>Peruse works
>"Looking forward to your peer review"
>Describes the process of peer review
>Peer review works

Nice try to look smart, uggo

Here's your cartoon reaction face that you try to shame me for on 4chan of all places. Where do you think we are, dingus?
>>
How does Stanford manage to excel at both academics and athletics? For most bigs schools it's usually it's one or the other, but those fuckers are LITERALLY the best at everything.
>ywn have a rich, blond , intelligent, and athletic qt3.14 fall in love with you
Why bother living?
>>
Who was Stephen Hawking. Who was Einstein.
>>
>>27213761
Where the fuck did you get that idea? Most of us are just burnouts that just couldn't break through into the higher levels of education. We're the type of people that have spent hours studying only to get mediocre test results. It gets pretty demoralizing after a while, and I think most robots would agree.
If you wanna troll legitimate pseudo intellectual fedora-tippers, go to reddit.
Now fuck off
>>
>>27214517
>If you want to troll legitimate pseudo intellectual fedora-tippers, go to reddit

Fully agree with this one
>>
>>27213761
>Tfw tall and objectively handsome but I consider myself dumb (also verified by subpar exam marks although I never studied) especially in social regards with women which I also think is the main reason as to why im a KV at 19
>>
>>27213761
That's pure bullshit, the only reason this happens is that beautiful people experience positive reinforcement and don't have their body flooded with cortisol and adrenaline all the time since they were kids because of bullying and loneliness like ugly people and that tends to impair their cognitive abilities.

Sorry, Chad, you're just lucky. You're a production of your circumstances, just like us. Your successes are the byproduct of your initial lucky diceroll and nothing more.

Being proud of something you had no control over is a very low-IQ thing, Chad, are you surebyou didn't just pay your way into higher education?
>>
>>27214628
This plus there is this thing called halo effect when people assume attractive individuals possess greater intelligence than they actually do.

It is a complicated subject with too many variables to interpret with absolute certainty.

Genetics, upbringing, reinforcement, perception, experiences, environmental factors, culture, social factors, test methods, methodology, latent variables...
I cant put the complete systematic chart but that source is just too simplified for generalisation.
>>
Fat neckbeards on suicide watch
>>
>>27213761
>Alternatively, the association may result from a cross-trait assortative mating, where more intelligent and higher status men of greater resources marry more beautiful women. Because both intelligence and physical attractiveness are highly heritable, their children will be simultaneously more beautiful and more intelligent.

This may have happened in the past but I feel that plastic surgery might put an end this.
>>
>>27214628
These things are small and can be avoided with some self control.
Which you would have if you were actually intelligent.
>>
>>27213761
>.com
Do you even know how to use reputable sources?
>>
>>27215032
>you can avoid being stressed and afraid when the other kids beat you up when you're 8 and the adults tell you it's your fault instead of protecting you
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
>>
>>27215089
If you don't know how to control your emotions then I doubt I can explain this on your level
>>
File: 1457476188280.jpg (19 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1457476188280.jpg
19 KB, 300x252
>>27215089
>Literally using the same privilege argument abused by SJWs

Guess I should have checked my Chad privilege
>>
Epic generalizations
>>
>>27213761
>If any of you retards actually studied hard science

>psych
>hard science

>correlation
>scientific evidence

wew lad
>>
>>27215156
>>correlation
>>scientific evidence
He didn't say it was BECAUSE they were attractive that they were also intelligent.
He said there was a correlation.
And I dare to say a correlation is scientific evidence for a correlation.
Understand uggo?
>>
File: 1452790842357.gif (172 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
1452790842357.gif
172 KB, 500x506
>>27215032
Not the same anon but:
>they are not small things
>you are implying there is some kind of a strong free will and you greatly reject the effect determination by experiences and genetics
>your definition of intelligence is self control? Intelligence is not about doing everything intellectually and effectively.
Emotional control is not a sign of intelligence.

Im not going to even continue. You dont even understand why what you wrote is retarded probably. I guess you will call me retarded. Just go ahead and study about intelligence, psychometrics, methodology and general psychology to find out for yourself.
>>
>>27215192
>Dude I don't know how to use meme arrows lmao XD
The definition of intelligence is not self control, but self control and intelligence are strongly correlated.
>>
>>27213761
>tfw smart
>tfw good aesthetics
Now I know why.
>>
File: 1457797869449.jpg (832 KB, 578x954) Image search: [Google]
1457797869449.jpg
832 KB, 578x954
>>27215117
No, by the time I learned to do that the damage was done since the problem is getting too much cortisol and adrenalin during your developmental years. It shrinks some parts of your brain, man.

>>27215127
What kind of strawman is that? Where did I talk about privilege?

Are you two "the secret" type newagers who believe that we create everything in our reality and have control over our experience or something?

Attractive people have it easier because people are nice to them by default and perceive them as more intelligent thanks to the halo effect. I don't understand why you're mad at me for talking about the opposite experience.

Well, of course I understand, since this kind of conversation always goes in circles, you're just mad that your success isn't due to you being a hardworking hero but your circumstances for the most part. So you desperately want to cling to your beloved just world fallacy and for that you need to convince yourself that ugly people are dumb and evil, and it's all because of their choices.

Again, being proud of something you had no control over is a very low-IQ thing. It's a thing for nazis, SJWs, trust fund babbies and generally stupid and delusional people.

>>27215261
Let me tie you up and beat you up and see how much "self control" you have, Chad. Let me send pics of you taking a dick in the ass to your family and friends and workplace and see what happens to your self control.

There's no such thing as having control over very heavy negative emotions generated by other people. You're not an epic samurai master from some fighting chinese cartoon.

But, relacing the goal posts where they're supposed to be, having tons of negative experiences when you're young impacts your development. Self control doesn't do shit in this regard. Meds or therapy may help.
>>
>>27215362
>No, by the time I learned to do that the damage was done since the problem is getting too much cortisol and adrenalin during your developmental years. It shrinks some parts of your brain, man.
Is it really that significant or do you just want to eschew responsibility?
>>
>>27215362
>Let me tie you up and beat you up and see how much "self control" you have, Chad. Let me send pics of you taking a dick in the ass to your family and friends and workplace and see what happens to your self control.
>There's no such thing as having control over very heavy negative emotions generated by other people. You're not an epic samurai master from some fighting chinese cartoon.
You ever seen one of those monks set themselves on fire? Explain that cuckboi

>But, relacing the goal posts where they're supposed to be, having tons of negative experiences when you're young impacts your development. Self control doesn't do shit in this regard. Meds or therapy may help.
>Dude moving a conversation forward is moving goalposts lmao
>Dude "impacts your development" is as good as destroying it entirely lmao
The effects of childhood on your intelligence is negligible.
>>
>>27213761
>be beautiful, tall, and a legit genius
Whew, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>27215379
Responsibility of what? If I hit you on the head with a hammer, you're reponsible for this and the consequences?

You know, I don't have a problem with the "life, is unfair, deal with it" message since it's coherent and true, and motivational messages saying that you should do your best no matter what because it's a pragmatic, efficient worldview, but I have a problem with your definition of reponsibility. I don't understand it.

>>27215417
>You ever seen one of those monks set themselves on fire? Explain that cuckboi
Yes, because intense training in the mountains 8 hours a day since you were a kid is in any way compareable to the average school & wageslaving life of the typical westerner.

>The effects of childhood on your intelligence is negligible
True, it's mostly genetic and thus predetermined. Still, stress during childhood can impair your cognitive abilities.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMdE3EsOafY>>27215417
>>
>>27213849
Yeah but it's balanced out by geniuses and beautiful people in the same way that the people with gigantism balance out the midgets when looking at mean height.

>stay retarded my friend
>>
>>27215541
>True, it's mostly genetic and thus predetermined. Still, stress during childhood can impair your cognitive abilities.
Exactly, so stop blaming your childhood for being dumb.
>>
Pics or didn't happened. Pls.
>>
>>27215549
If a disorder affects your height, most likely it's going to make you smaller.
>>
>>27213761
I care not for you or your elitist attitude more than enough for one response, but consider what awaits deep in the future. There will be a time in which these who you see as inferior open thier eyes to be blinded by the hatred emerging from their new perception. This hatred which will be the downfall of thise like you is only the reaction to the world you created. Some day, I cant say when, a new world will be born. Those like you and your descendants will meet a just end. The process will be swift and after this bloody beginning comes the new world. A world remembering you and those like you as the elitist cunts and setbacks to progress you are. This new world will be bueatiful, and I thank you for allowing it to come to fruition.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.