[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living with your parents past the age of 20 is pathetic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1452148310358.jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1452148310358.jpg
96 KB, 650x650
Living with your parents past the age of 20 is pathetic.
>>
lel nice bait

still gonna bite
>tons of people live with their parents past 20
>parents are literally assholes if they kick you out
>housing is fucking expensive
>people at the age of 20 dont make livable wages
>not going to go out and suffer and scrap pennies and eat ramen noodles in my 1 bed apartment just to say Im living on my own
>>
It is a pain as well. I would rather share rent with normies like I do now than have my mom control everything I do.
>>
>>27211914
thank you

>>27211877
t. american
>>
You know what's not pathetic? Having over 6 figures saved in my bank account and not having to worry about any expenses.

You wanna know the icing on the cake OP?
In just 2 years, my parents are gonna give me the house and move back home.
So at 25, I'll have over 100k in my bank account and a house paid off for.

Don't forget to pay the rent this month buddy.
>>
>living with your parents till marriage is very common in many countries
>amerifags think it's weird because they have to judge every little thing
sometimes I hate being American...
>>
File: sya.png (258 KB, 460x351) Image search: [Google]
sya.png
258 KB, 460x351
Being a rentcuck when you could live with your parents for free is pathetic.
>>
>not being homeless master race
>not sleeping in your car and doing everything else around town
>>
25 is the older generations 18.

People simply don't have their shit together or nearly enough capital generally until their mid 20s, and it's only getting harder each year.
>>
I'm going to college and working a part-time job. I can't afford to live on my own.
I don't know anyone, other than my parents, that I would feel comfortable living with. You have to place a lot of trust in someone if you're splitting the cost of rent and utilities with them.

Sorry you fell for the moving out at a young age meme, OP.
>>
I plan to live with my parents as long as they will let me and if I am forced to move out it will just be to make a token sign of progress then I will deliberately fuck it all up so I have to move back in.
>>
>>27211993

it's apparently not worthy of much alarm in their estimation, though.
>>
>>27211877

My father died when I was 16 and I spent the last ten years raising my little brother and sister & working, while my mom fucked strangers, spent all our money, and left us alone for weeks at a time.

Now my little brother and sister are decent hard working adults who have good futures in store. And I have gradually bullied my mom into changing her ways, so now she tries to be a good parent and does an okay job.

But the funny thing is. I sacrificed my future and now I'm a loser. I work at a gas station. I don't have a GED. I dropped out of high school. I don't have a college degree. I'm an empty shell of the person I used to be. I used to be brilliant and talented at all sorts of things; everything I had was slowly chipped away from me, piece by piece. I have no more dreams, no identity, and no energy to accomplish anything.

You're right.

I am pathetic.
>>
>>27212158
Fuck that, your mom sounds like a real bitch. Good on you though, maybe see about asking your bro for support and taking some time off work to go get a ged and do some community college classes
>>
>>27211914
>tons of people live with their parents past 20
So what? If others do it, does it make it right?

>parents are literally assholes if they kick you out
They are doing you a service

>housing is fucking expensive
So share

>people at the age of 20 dont make livable wages
Reduce your expenses then

>not going to go out and suffer and scrap pennies and eat ramen noodles in my 1 bed apartment just to say Im living on my own
If your income is that low and you still choose to live alone in apartment you deserve it

Since when did it become acceptable to be a loser?
>>
>>27213236
You have never tried to live by yourself
>>
>>27213267
Im typing this from my own room. Living with 4 flatmates. What about you?
>>
>>27213267
No one says to live you have to live by yourself by the age of 20. Just move out of your family home and pay your own rent.
And personally I think 25 is about reasonable. A year break out of highschool, 2-5 years to get whatever extra qualifications your want, 1-2 years to get on your feet. While you COULD be moving out during that time, it will just lower your quality of life without giving any actual independence.
>>
>>27211877
it's not really that pathetic some people
like females most robots want a virgin if a girl lives at home past 20 her sexual partner count is maybe below 30
some people have cool immediate family members

im just playing devils advocate. i live at my parents place its pretty pathetic
>>
>people are so jaded about their shit life that they will shame you into joining them in a shit life

can't fucking stand people. this is why i have no friends. people are all shit.
>>
>>27212158
Go watch It's A Wonderful Life. You're George Bailey.
>>
>>27211877

your bait is delicious, and juicy.

*nibble nibble*
>>
>>27211877
It used to be the norm in some countries in Europe: 3-4 generations living together instead of sending the old ones in nursing homes.
Seems more humane and rational.

But I hate my father so I hope when he goes into a nursing home he'll keep his poopy pants for days and his nurses will beat him.
>>
being a pretensions faggot doesn't make you anymore intelligent or better in any way shape or form than the average person.
>>
>>27211877
no, it isn't, you retard.
it's an economic decision.
>>
American I presume?
>>
>>27212158
get a GED. maybe go to community college. you're a good person, OP. you can make it.
>>
>>27212158
>I work at a gas station.

is that you, eggman?
>>
I moved out at age 20. I'm back now.

That a problem?
>>
never seen a bait post get more btfo

why aren't all bait threads like this?
>>
>>27211877

I live in a high cost of living area. Can I send you my bills OP?
>>
>>27213587
They aren't worth the replies.
>>
File: 1414359835941.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1414359835941.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>27211877
>25years old, unemployed and living with parents in small city with no prospects for future
Even if I get a job I won't be able to afford to live on my own. All I can do is to save up money and move out to a bigger city and try luck there. But finding any job just to save up money for moving out still is hard. There's no NEETbux here as well...
>>
>>27211877
plenty of people do
>>
>>27213281
I would rather live with my parents than with four flatmates, unless I somehow magically get to find four people who are as fucking weird as me
>>
File: Smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
This thread sure has triggered a lot of pathetic crybaby NEET scum
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.