[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to learn guitar but it's hard to get motivated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1456813344986.png (87 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1456813344986.png
87 KB, 279x229
I'm trying to learn guitar but it's hard to get motivated for it and do it.
Got any tips?
>>
>>27210686

Just play

If you're not motivated enough to play whenever, you're not cut out for it
>>
How to get motivated to do something:
1. Find something you're interested in doing.
2. Do it.
3. Keep doing it.

If you're passionate about it, then that's all the motivation you need.
>>
File: Powerline.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Powerline.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>27210686
Become a pop singer instead
>>
File: Rocksmith_coverart.jpg (24 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith_coverart.jpg
24 KB, 250x315
>>27210686
The solution
>>
Roxanne was such a bitch. She literally threatened to friend zone Max because he had to spend the summer with his dad.
>>
Just using this website.
http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa071200e.htm

>>27210709
>>27210721
Really?
Keep in mind that I'm a fairly lazy person in general.
I thought it would grow on me if I got better at it.

I did play violin in primary school, sort of enjoyed it.

>>27210736
Definitely considering this but I have no money.

>>27210791
I agree. Max should have just fucked his dad.
>>
One thing I did when I was learning saxophone was just tell myself "Just practice 15 more minutes, and then you can quit for today if you want", feeling relieved at the option while knowing I would probably keep going. But even if I didn't, that's still another 15 minutes of practicing, although I usually practiced 2-3 hours by the end of it.

So yeah, just break it down in chunks. Huge numbers can be overwhelming, at least to newbies, so I find this helps. Maybe start at just 15 minutes and then increase it every 2 or 3 days by 5 minute increments, then as you get higher start applying that first method if need be.
>>
Practice songs that you're actually into. Learning guitar became way more fun after I stopped playing dadrock.
>>
play what you want to, use tabliture, songsterr.com is fire
>>
>>27210686
Why the fuck would you ever want to learn playing on such plebeian instrument such as guitar?
>>
never understood the whole "how do I make myself practice" thing, but...

TABS TABS TABS
>>
>>27210885
this.
this is what my advice was along the lines of.
smoke weed or drink, get a little intoxicated.
put on your favorite shit then try to emulate it.

eventually you get good enough to where you don't need tabs. you just hear a song and you can find the notes to it easily because you have the entire fret board memorized and know what sound is going to come.
when i first started i would always try to adhere to the tabs, then i realized they blow and i was adding in the accents myself and correcting them myself anyway.

just keep playing and take technical baby steps. don't try to learn a Dragonforce song is what i'm saying.
>>
>>27210686

desu just do it. I literally recorded this today for fun. Just do it.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kVb1SE6pFe

just do it seriously. Honest to god it's just about practicing and selling yourself to something.
>>
>>27211228
Sounds dope anon
>>
>>27211289

I got a UX1 from goodwill because I hate driving out to Houston whenever I want to track an idea. Best $18 I've ever spent, desu,

Anyhow, OP. Just do it m8. You literally have to sit with the guitar, play around, feel disappointed for a couple of weeks and then when you can finally play something cogent and near to a melody, you've got it, fampai.

Or get Rocksmith. It seems like a really good learning tool.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.