[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: black-jesus.jpg (104 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
black-jesus.jpg
104 KB, 742x960
Anyone else desire to drop out by the end of the semester? I just don't like this shit.
>>
I HAVE TO READ THE ENTIRE BRENNER DEBATE BY TOMORROW MORNING, AND INSTEAD, I'M DRUNK!

HOLLA @ ME IF U IN THAT CLASS NIGGA
>>
Had a 3.9 GPA last semester, getting D's now for every subject. I have no idea how I fucked up that bad but I do know that I've had enough of it.
>>
Do you guys know any places to eat out that aren't expensive and not McDonald's tier at 10 pm?
>>
Dropping out has treated me well, but finding a non-fast food/retail job was a bitch initially
>>
File: LPG-cut.jpg (23 KB, 800x555) Image search: [Google]
LPG-cut.jpg
23 KB, 800x555
>mfw passed all my midterms this semester
Second year is the shit
>>
>>27205166
>passed
>passed with good grades
big difference there
>>
I've got one semester to go, I've got a job already, but I gave such little a shit that I might be failing the only class I needed to pass. I've got to crank out a paper ASAP, but I just want to move on with my life.

For my entire time at college, I thought about dropping out every single semester when I wasn't trying to kill myself, in which case they'd take me out. Great place to get connections and experiment with basically whatever you can think of that can be experimented, but goddamn I would never do it again.

Fuck you Fordham University, you piece of shit.

>>27205056
One benefit of this hellhole: Bodegas. Chopped cheese or chicken over rice anytime you want.
>>
Only good thing about uni is the smoke spot
>>
I started going to Uni a semester ago because my folks are normies and that's just what they do, so I got ushered into it.

One semester passed and I already failed a course, I have no interest in my major and I'm failing two more courses already.

I'm thinking about going to a psychiatrist, getting diagnosed and dropping out.
>>
File: 1441432222468.jpg (35 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1441432222468.jpg
35 KB, 640x400
>>27204899
I graduated almost two years ago. I was a social shut in autist and never experienced anything during college, but shit, at least I wasn't working 40+ hours a week. Add in the 4 months a year off for breaks, I was in NEET heaven for a third of the year.

10/10 wish I could go back
>>
File: 1455369549489.jpg (141 KB, 634x951) Image search: [Google]
1455369549489.jpg
141 KB, 634x951
>>27204899
I dropped out a week and a half in bros. jej indeed
>>
File: University2.png (48 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
University2.png
48 KB, 400x300
Bumping this thread with:
>School?
>Major?
>Plans for post-grad?
>>
>>27204899
Ayy, i couldn't get in cause i left one time and never went back to pay bills. Now im doing some bullshit easy online course missing all that teen ass on campus. B grateful u fucking sped.
>>
>>27206185
>school
University of Florida
>major
ChemE
>postgrad
Hopefully Georgia Tech or UT Austin
>>
I wish I could drop out but I don't know what I'd do. I'm basically just going to uni to stave off homelessness.
>>
History major.

The only thing I have left to do to graduate is to write my diploma by the start of May.

I've passed everything up to this point with flying colors, but I just have so little interest left in this shit.

I've gotten good grades on my yearly coursework papers, but I always put them off until the last second.

Is writing a diploma supposed to be difficult?
>>
File: 14277484522224.png (135 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
14277484522224.png
135 KB, 483x442
>getting new roommates next semester
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
>>
>>27206695
Not to stereotype, but if you're not a girl, you have a good chance of everything being fine, if not great. I've gotten along wonderfully with all of my roomies through the years, you just need one good night out drinking and you can make friends for life.
>>
>>27204899
I did really well for the one semester I took at my local shitty community college.

If I had known what I had in store for me down the road I would have kept studying.
>>
>Upstairs roommates arguing again
They take this shit too seriously familia. Just need to relax and not claw at each other's throats.
>>
>>27205056
I usually just go to IHOP
>>
>>27206185
>school

just say university you try hard faggot

>major

economics

>post grad

again, you're being a try hard faggot just say masters 1 year because that's what postgraduate study is
>>
Eh I'll see how this semester goes, if I get lower then a B in anything I will probably drop out because no point in pursuing something I'm not strong in
>>
>>27205056

Go to safeway man. Get some tendies or a pizza.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 960x960
>>27204899
>for the first time in my life my entire grade depends on what I get on my final
>set to graduate next quarter if I pass
>I feel like I did awful
>if I don't pass I don't graduate
>>
Am going back to technical college. I haven't been doing too well either, been questioning my motivations and purpose. 2 more years, then I go with my life.
>>
>>27205253
I applied to Fordham desu senpai
is it really that bad?
>>
Considering going into either agriculture or solar electricity. Want to end up with a nice big plot of self sufficient land so don't have to interact with normies ever again
>>
>>27209245
I think at heart most people are extroverted, social conditioning fucks people up
>>
File: 645656.png (149 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
645656.png
149 KB, 396x385
>>27209245

>Want to end up with a nice big plot of self sufficient land so don't have to interact with normies ever again

This is my dream. A nice plot of land far away from normies where I can be comfy and alone all day.
>>
>>27209113
OK, warnings:
>Core Curriculum
Every upper school has it at this point, but FUs Jesuits decided to take it to the next level. No matter yr major, you will take a natural science, a life science, and an exit level language, and that's about less than a half of it.

So most students spend their first two or last two years burdened with classes forced upon them, lowering their interest and GPAs. Every alumni applauds the curriculum, and I will too, but fuck me if Biopsychology lost me some of my merit aid.

>Population
Fordham has no greek life, and I think those that would belong overcompensate. There have been general hate-crimes ranging from homophobia to racism, and while that might not matter to you, it's still just a general attitude of Elite-Catholic shit, Not to say the priests aren't great, which they are, and there are some def great people, I just always never fucked with the general population.

>Location
This isn't a warning, the Bronx is fucking fire, don't let you anyone tell you otherwise. Bars, parties, drugs, bodegas, living in NYC has been the greatest experience of my life, I never intend to leave.

I could really go on, and if Fordham is a high option for you, I'd actually say continue pursuing, but if you have any questions, I can leave an email. As much as I want to leave this place, I've been here long enough to give advice to others I think.
>>
File: 1371860684314.jpg (213 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1371860684314.jpg
213 KB, 707x1000
I discovered the wonders of OTC drug abuse on this shithole last Thanksgiving, and now I'm failing all my classes because all I can bring myself to do is drink cough syrup, eat huge amount of sleeping pills, shitposting on a Roman autism webring, and masturbate to little anime children on the very rare occasion I can still get hard. Literally the only thing I've learned this semester is how to use ammonia and lighter fluid to make drigs more useable and how to structure my purchases so that my parent's do get suspicious of what I'm using their credit card on, and because of that I have lost twenty five pound. I want to stop, but reality just seems so unbearable, and studying stochastic processes for five seem so dull compared to staring at the ceiling and not realizing you are a person or talking to shadows for five hours. This is my second to last semester, and I'm so far behind, that even if I could stop acting like a junky, I doubt I could save a single class. I'm going to have to go home to mom and dad and shamefully admit that I wasted another five thousand of their dollars because I couldn't act like a fucking adult. Please, somebody, just fucking kill me.
>>
>>27204899
>Anyone else desire to drop out by the end of the semester?
Ayy already drop out family
kill me now
>>
>got Bs on every midterm this semester
things seem like its going to be okay

it wont, but it seems like it for now
>>
>see a 70 on a midterm
>thought I needed that to lift my homework grade
>drop class
>look at syllabus to see if I can study for next time
>the grading curve puts 70 as a C+, F is 45 or below
Whelp.
>>
>>27204899
Fuck it, I keep missing my favorite classes because the other ones require so much work.

I want to just become a wageslave like I probably will anyway. At least then I can study what I like.
>>
Really considering dropping out after this semester. I fucking hate my program so much and just can't code for shit. I'm decent at studying for tests so I'm getting through all my non-assignment heavy classes ok but I know that I won't be able to fake my way through much longer.

I know that dropping out now wastes 2 years of tuition and means I'll probably spend the rest of my life working shit low paying jobs but I really think it's for the best. If I keep pretending I'll just end up failing out next year and be in an even worse position.

Am I just rationalizing because I'm lazy or does this sound like a good decision?
>>
>>27209680
Shit man, another worthless, robotripping pedophile college student? Are you me? Probably not. I never got that involved into it. I've got no advice for you either. Good luck though.

>>27211070
CompSci? Nah, don't drop out just because you can't code. I'll be graduating in May, and probably half my class can't code for shit.
>>
>>27211192
But now I've hit the classes that actually expect me to code. I got a 2% on the first big assignment for one of my required classes and had to drop it.

If I don't drop out, I'll need to try and take it again and I really don't think I can power through it
>>
>>27211233
A 2%! Is that a typo!? How did you get a 2% without cheating or just not turning it in? I once saw some currynigger turn in a half-functional process scheduling simulator in Python when the assignment demanded C and he got a 30%.
>>
>>27211304
It was graded by an automarker the professor wrote with zero leniency. If it didn't perfectly adhere to the spec you didn't get shit for marks
>>
>>27211192
>Nah, don't drop out just because you can't code.'

why the fuck do people choose majors based on what they believe will be the most financially rewarding? you do realise your gonna be a terrible fucking computer engineer/coder/analyst or whatever and no ones gonna employ you. You gotta go with your strengths and what you are actually strong in
>>
>>27210904
why the fuck would you ever drop a class this late you tard
no sympathy
>>
>>27211387
I was decent at coding in high school anon and didn't have any other strengths

In retrospect it would've been much better to just have found a job but CS seemed like a good idea at the time
>>
>>27211387
>your strengths and what you are actually strong in
for you, not English
>>
>>27211440
>nit-picking grammatical errors

eat shit then end your life
>>
>>27204899
Yep, but unfortunately I'll be graduating.

My wife made me a ring counter thing, every week I tear one ring off. 9 rings to go niggers.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.