[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Drink beer up to the point that I'm pretty drunk almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: acute-alcoholism.jpg (13 KB, 280x291) Image search: [Google]
acute-alcoholism.jpg
13 KB, 280x291
>Drink beer up to the point that I'm pretty drunk almost every night for half a year
>Decide to stop drinking during week days
>Feel a huge urge to drink every night after 10 pm
When the fuck is this going to stop? I hate the evenings now because of this shit.
>>
>>27203420
>tfw drunk every night for the past 3 years
>tfw quit two months ago
The cravings will get weaker but sobriety still blows compared to intoxication.
>>
>>27203420
Ask your doctor for naltrexone. Also being sober is ass
>>
Might take a while, especially when you are still drinking on weekends. Might want to take a couple weeks off from that too to cleanse your system a bit.
>>
>>27203420
It's the habit. Your brain wants to repeat what's familiar and chemically rewarding.

Been through it with multiple things (including over-working). You need to stir things up, do something different for a while.

With drinking there's an easy solution: quit booze for a month or so. Not a drop during, and you'll actually dislike the state of inebriation. You will have lost the high tolerance and you'll get all fucked up way sooner than before. Only don't do it too often (more than once a week), or you'll end up back in the cycle.
>>
>>27203420
>Drink beer up to the point that I'm pretty drunk almost every night for half a year
Why did your dumb alcoholic ass decide to even do this? It's not that hard to have some self-control. I love to drink but I only get shitfaced every few weeks..
>>
>>27203420
It will get easier over time, like another anon said it'll be harder if you are still drinking on weekends. If you find yourself not able to stop and you want to then honestly, try going to an AA meeting, (although I'd recommend narcotics anonymous even for alcoholics, AA is full of old Christian guys) you do not have to say anything or talk to anyone and if you do say anything everyone is always nice and understanding
>you never have to go back if you don't want to
>they are always free
>you can even leave half way through
>>
Thanks for the replies. I'll have one last 'good' weekend and then just quit that shit for a month or two. I'm not willing to take any meds for this though. It's just a craving and I actually sleep a lot better when not drinking.
>>
>>27203420
Good luck. I'm in a similar situation. Got in the habit of having a few beers while cooking dinner every night and then continuing to drink while I play vidya or watch TV until I go to bed. Stopped drinking for two weeks and it felt really odd to cook or play vidya without beer. Started drinking again a couple weeks ago and basically am back to my old ways again now. Going to try to stop again tonight.
>>
>>27203691
This.

>Drank a thirty rack over the week and I'd buy a new one every Saturday
>Wake up feeling like shit one day
>Decide to stop drinking
>Just played video games whenever I felt like drinking; I never play games when I'm drunk because I suck at them while intoxicated and it made me angry
>Three weeks go by
>Decide to have a beer with dinner
>I feel buzzed after sipping at it with dinner
>>
Its a long fall down op, and the worst part is you never knew you were falling until you hit bottom. Gods speed anon.
>>
Ausfag here, it's St.Patrick's day here so I'm going to get fucking blasted on a thursday and you soberfags can suck it.

I feel like shit because life is shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDMYqUbOPU
>>
Oh man, getting drunk on beer every night. It's such a temptation. I can easily down 8-12 in one night.
>>
>>27203691
>With drinking there's an easy solution: quit booze for a month or so. Not a drop during, and you'll actually dislike the state of inebriation.

Correct. I was an alcoholic for a couple of years following a tour of Afghanistan, and after life taught me some lessons I stopped drinking. Now I drink again, but only enough to get a light buzz and be sociable. I literally hate being drunk and if I wake up with so much as a hint of a hangover I'll be disgusted.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.