[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag here, lately I've been feeling depressed. Here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Blue_Screen_of_AAAAAAAAA!_Win8.png (19 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Screen_of_AAAAAAAAA!_Win8.png
19 KB, 1024x768
Newfag here, lately I've been feeling depressed. Here's a story

>be me a few months ago
>Half-term college
>About to turn 18
>Wanted to get really pissed with my mates
>Decided to invite them over to mine and kick my family out the house
>All of my friends didn't show up, all but one, let's call him F
>F was pretty happy, he brought drinks of his own
>F was surprised no one turned up, felt like he missed something
>He checked his Facebook messages, and apparently he was added to a chatgroup that talked shit about me
>Everyone was just saying shit about me, how ironic I am, how unfunny I was, how friendly I was to them that it became creepy, filthy village boy, how lazy I was, and how lame it would be if they came over to my 18th
>Got really sad
>F starts sending me screenshots of the groupchat without telling anyone
>Half term ends and college starts again
>Everyone is just laughing at me
>They're all pretending to be "nice" whilst keeping back their tears of laughter
>They hint towards their mates about the things they said on the groupchat behind my back as they insult me with their lies

I'm probably really close to becoming a NEET. I don't want to fucking bother if this is how people are going to treat me. Help me out here robots, how should I deal with this?
>>
>>27203023
>>About to turn 18
>>
>>27203023
I'm assuming you're british and college = american high school? if so then you should be at your last year so just endure. Try to ignore the faggots.
>>
>>27203182
Read the rest, idiot
>>
>>27203023
you just couldn't handle the bantz
>>
>>27203237
Yes, I am British. I suppose college is like a mix between highschool and your college system.
>>27203182
Allow me to fix my mistake. I turned 18 in the half-term holidays in February.
>>
>>27203339
There isn't really much to do unfortunately. They're shitty people and will continue to do shitty things. Becoming a neet will just make you more sad though. University will most likely not have people like this.

Is F sending you the screenshots to let you know what they say, or to bully you aswell?
>>
>>27203415
I consider F to be my only trusted friend right now. He sends these screenshots to let me know what they say. He isn't the type to pick on people.
>>
>>27203496
But if I'm understanding you correctly, F is not telling his friends to stop? So he's just as shitty. I'm not trying to make you feel worse or anything.
>>
>>27203549

I disagree. What would there be to gain for him to tell them to stop. If he doesn't engage and let him know what they say he's doing his part. He's being a good friend as long as he doesn't participate.
>>
>>27203023
get better friends, tell F you appreciate him being a loyal friend to you, don't blow his/her cover by bitching them out
>>
>>27203549
He doesn't consider them friends, but he isn't telling them to stop because I asked him not to bother and let me handle it on my own. It'd probably just make everything worse if he tried to get involved.

I was going to show these screenshots to the college but I've been hesitating because I'm worried the teacher might show these screenshots to class, and he's the only one with a Windows Phone.
>>
make an effort for new friends
>>
>>27203641
>What would there be to gain for him to tell them to stop.
A clear conscience. Satisfaction of standing up for someone.

>He's being a good friend as long as he doesn't participate.
His approval of their actions is to participate.
>>
>>27203496

Look man, you have a good friend and a bunch of idiots. Ignore them, go to uni and you will definitely find some group of people who will like you as a person.

Those guys just make fun of you to feel good about themselves. Sometimes it's not even related to how you are, you just did something silly like all of them surely did before, but since they are dumbfucks incapable of intelligent communication they needed something to talk about and made you a recuring joke. It happens, because they are not your friends and they are shitty people. As soon as you are out of their lives they'll just chose someone else, maybe from the same group.
>>
>>27203023
>I'm probably really close to becoming a NEET. I don't want to fucking bother if this is how people are going to treat me. Help me out here robots, how should I deal with this?
You don't. You slowly rot here. Shitpost to keep yourself sane.
>>
>>27203655

This.

Disregard what >>27203723 is saying though. He's a dumbfuck who feels like he owes his problems to other people. There is no reason or anything to gain by getting F into the mess. It will just make it worse, and they will start shaming you publicly once the cover has been blown, in order to "pretend they don't care".

Don't be stupid. Simply ignore them, or tell them yourself that they are dumbasses.
>>
>>27203790
>He's a dumbfuck who feels like he owes his problems to other people.
What? If I'm in a group of people that talk shit about you behind your back then I either leave or I'm part of it. There's no middle thing. If the latter then you should not call me a good friend.
>>
>>27203835

He's hardly taking their side or a neutral position if he's telling him what they say. Also, according to OP, he doesn't consider them his friends. Maybe he's just casually in the group, it's no reason for him to worsen things by speaking up.
>>
mate at least you have a friend. im 18 and have 0 social contacts, i'm fucked.
>>
>>27203835
Then it would be better if you left it for the victim. If things went wrong, then you and the victim would both be suffering through this which is exactly what I want to avoid for F.

F not considering them his friends is satisfactory enough for me and him sending me screenshots is just enough for me to solve it all on my own.

I fear how the college would deal with the problem, I've had troubles with dealing with problems like this in the past and it ended up getting much more worse for me.
>>
>>27204401
My most sincere apologies. I'd much rather have 0 friends than to be stuck in this situation.
>>
>>27204456
I remember middle school (US) it was pretty much exactly like you describe.

Although without the Group chats. I was just ""there"" and getting fucked with. I think that adds to my insecurities. Like I'm not positive anymore that I'm making the "right" social decisions and that I'm going to eventually get fucked over and work my way from square -1 again.

Tbh I blame my parents for moving me around every year. How the fuck does a little kid know what to do or stay in the loop if hes moving around with only short term contacts.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.