[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime recommendations thread: Tell me good animes to watch so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18
File: 1437429953701.jpg (118 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1437429953701.jpg
118 KB, 500x550
Anime recommendations thread:

Tell me good animes to watch so I can fill my time with something fun instead of thoughts of how much I hate my life.

What I've watched:
>all the staples, naruto, dbz, one piece, ect.
>durarara (loved it)
>psycho pass
>kill la kill (probably my favorite just because how fun it was to watch)
>madoka magicka
>a few others I can't remember

So what do you robots enjoy?
>>
Also inb4
>/a/

Fuck that place they banned me last time I asked
>>
>>27202140
>watched
>durarara
It's still ongoing baka.
I dont see any classics in your list.
>>
>>27202140
>not reading manga
Go back to /y/
>>
>>27202140
Hmmm, nice Chigure.
Thanks.
>>
File: Chigurh.jpg (158 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
Chigurh.jpg
158 KB, 500x365
>>27202229
I got more m8
>>27202182
I know it is I only watched the first season and then went through wow addiction again and had to time for any anime, but now I have time
>>
>>27202316
So finish it.
If you want something similar to Drrr, try Baccano. I dont know your taste preferences tho.
>>
what kind of show do you want

comedy, romance, action, sports ???
>>
File: tmp_18112-ZIgKk7Gh-2045724371.jpg (71 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18112-ZIgKk7Gh-2045724371.jpg
71 KB, 1024x576
>>27202140

Himouto! Umaru-chan
>>
>>27202411
This.
And Blue Exorcist.
>>
death note
code geass
bacaano
fma brotherhood
shinekai yori

all really good except fma brotherohod which really tests your patience with the baby humor but it is anime afterall
>>
File: ttgl.png (1 MB, 1100x617) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.png
1 MB, 1100x617
>>27202140
>kill la kill (probably my favorite just because how fun it was to watch)
You want Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>27202140
evangelion
knights of sidonia
KNIGHTS OF SIDONIA FUCKING ROCKS!
fma brotherhood
if you like waifus
Himouto! Umaru-chan
rozen maiden
>>
>>27202140
Outlaw Star

..yeah I don't watch a lot of anime
>>
Urusei yatsura and ranma 1/2, true classics, you will be respected in the community.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>27202140
Great Teacher Onizuka

It's pretty damn funny but also with a hint of feels in some episodes. Please watch it anon.
>>
File: senpai.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
senpai.gif
544 KB, 303x357
>>27202140
konosuba is fire senpai
>>
>>27202410
This. It's easier to recommend if we know what you're looking for.
>>
>>27202411
>hamtaro
Literal cancer, even sword art is better

Anyway op start hitting the classics
Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
Evangelion
Jin Roh
NHK
Lain

Hell, check out Redline for the music alone
>>
evangelion is a really good one if you want to explore yourself
>>
>>27202410
I like everything really but horror and comedy are my faves.
>>
>>27202695
Already added to my list thanks for the recommendation friend
>>
>>27202506
Heard about it but never really looked into it I know they have the same makers right? I'll check it out
>>
Was a huge fan of one piece and hunter x hunter still am, any similar animes that involve exploring and adventure while getting stronger for a purpose. Besides fairy tail I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole "together with our friendship we can do anything" I just couldn't get into.

Sao
Aot
Are disqualified as well
>>
File: haruko[1].jpg (117 KB, 578x823) Image search: [Google]
haruko[1].jpg
117 KB, 578x823
FLCL is more over-the-top than Kill la Kill, beautifully animated and generally very good.

See also: Gurren Lagaan.
>>
What sites do you use to watch all these animes mentioned? as most are not on crunchyroll, and that's all I've ever used
>>
One Punch Man (Comedy, Action, Parody, Superpower)
>The seemingly ordinary Saitama has a rather unique hobby: being a hero. In order to pursue his childhood dream, he trained relentlessly for three years. Now, Saitama is incredibly powerful, so much so that no enemy is able to defeat him in battle. In fact, all it takes to defeat evildoers with just one punch has led to an unexpected problem: he is no longer able to enjoy the thrill of battling and has become quite bored.
>This all changes with the arrival of Genos, a 19-year-old cyborg, who wishes to be Saitama's disciple after seeing what he is capable of. Genos proposes that the two join the Hero Association in order to become certified heroes, and Saitama, shocked that no one knows who he is, quickly agrees. And thus begins the story of One Punch Man, an action-comedy that follows an eccentric individual who longs to fight strong enemies that can hopefully give him the excitement he once felt and just maybe, he'll become popular in the process.

Cowboy Bebop (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi)
>In the year 2071, humanity has colonized several of the planets and moons of the solar system leaving the now uninhabitable surface of planet Earth behind. The Inter Solar System Police attempts to keep peace in the galaxy, aided in part by outlaw bounty hunters, referred to as "Cowboys". The ragtag team aboard the spaceship Bebop are two such individuals.
>Mellow and carefree Spike Spiegel is balanced by his boisterous, pragmatic partner Jet Black as the pair makes a living chasing bounties and collecting rewards. Thrown off course by the addition of new members that they meet in their travels: Ein, a genetically engineered, highly intelligent Welsh Corgi; femme fatale Faye Valentine, an enigmatic trickster with memory loss; and the strange computer whiz kid Edward Wong, the crew embarks on thrilling adventures that unravel each member's dark and mysterious past little by little.
>>
>>27202999
idk senpai i just torrent everything
>>
>>27202140
Cory in the house and Family Guy
>>
File: black-lagoon-revy-wallpaper.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
black-lagoon-revy-wallpaper.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>>27202140
Black Lagoon is pretty damn fun to watch
>>
>>27202999
>as most are not on crunchyroll
Use nyaa torrents.
>>
>>27202847
yeah, examine how much you hate your life?
>>
File: 1414105470054-2.jpg (52 KB, 300x340) Image search: [Google]
1414105470054-2.jpg
52 KB, 300x340
If you just wanna enjoy a few goofs check out Nichijou. Its a bunch of short form vignette type things about some highschool girls and a little girl who made a highschool girl robot, and some other characters in the same town but that doesnt really matter.

It'll make you laugh.
>>
Shinsekai Yori (Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi, Supernatural)
>Following a sudden outbreak of psychokinesis in 0.1% of the population, a rapid transformation swept the world. The godlike ability to manipulate matter remotely turned many power wielders to violence, inciting a long period of upheaval. Finally, after a chaotic era shaped by the rise and fall of oppressive regimes, the psychic humans were able to achieve a fragile peace by isolating their society, creating a new world bound by complex rules.
>In the town of Kamisu 66, 12-year-old Saki Watanabe has just awakened to her powers and is relieved to rejoin her friends at Sage Academy, a special school for psychics. However, unease looms as Saki begins to question the fate of those unable to awaken to their powers, and the children begin to get involved with secretive matters such as the rumored Tainted Cats said to abduct children.

Monster (Drama, Horror, Mystery, long as fuck like 75 episodes)
>Dr. Kenzou Tenma is a renowned brain surgeon of Japanese descent working in Europe. Highly lauded by his peers as one of the great young minds that will revolutionize the field, he is blessed with a beautiful fiancee and is on the cusp of a big promotion in the hospital he works at. But all of that is about to change with a grave dilemma that Kenzou faces one night: whether to save the life of a small boy or that of the town's mayor. Despite being pressured by his superiors to perform surgery on the mayor, his morals force him to perform the surgery on the other critical patient, saving his life and forfeiting the mayor's.
>A doctor is taught to believe that all life is equal; however, when a series of murders occur in the surgeon's vicinity, all of the evidence pointing to the boy he saved, Kenzou's beliefs are shaken. Along his journey to unravel the true identity of his little patient, Kenzou discovers that the fate of the world may be intertwined with the mysterious child.
>>
>>27202702
Came here to post this. Good taste.

I'd also recommend No Game No Life and Overlord, especially if you like video games.
>>
Kekkai sensen
>>
>>27202140
>Death Note

Easily the best anime if you enjoy mystery, crime, and extremely elaborate character development. Plus the dub is actually pretty well made and sounds natural.
>>
>>27203418
No game no life is the worst thing I have watched, but is also /r9k/ as fuck, so IDK
>>
>>27202999
kissanime.to
Mirai Nikki
>>
>>27202140

go with some classics ,

Akira

Gits

NGE

Cowboy Bebop
>>
Wallace and Gromit is pretty good
>>
>>27203495
This is literally my first day posting on /r9k/.
I guess I'm doing a great job fitting in!
>>
File: RoV 09.jpg (712 KB, 1354x1800) Image search: [Google]
RoV 09.jpg
712 KB, 1354x1800
I'm just going to keep recommending Rose of Versailles.
>>
>>27203529
The TV animations are good, the movie was shit.
>>
>>27202776
Redline was pure fun.

>>27202522
Watching this tonight. More mature than most baby shit today
>>
Ping Pong The Animation (Drama, Sports, Psychological)
>"The hero comes. The hero comes. The hero comes. Chant these words in your mind, and I'll surely come to you..."
>This mantra is what Makoto Tsukimoto repeats as a source of motivation when he fights through the stress of not only grueling ping pong matches, but also in situations of his life. Makoto doesn't fight alone; he and his friend, Yukata Hoshino, nicknamed Smile and Peco respectively, are two boys who have grown up playing ping pong together nearly every day. Peco, brimming with confidence, aims to be the best table tennis player in the world; Smile, on the other hand, shows little ambition. Nevertheless, the two have always stuck together, with a bond built upon their mutual love for this sport. Every year, students from all across Japan gather for the inter-high table tennis competition to achieve national and international stardom. Through intense training and competition, only the very best persevere.

Barakamon (Comedy, Slice of Life)
>Seishuu Handa is an up-and-coming calligrapher: young, handsome, talented, and unfortunately, a narcissist to boot. When a veteran labels his award-winning piece as "unoriginal," Seishuu quickly loses his cool with severe repercussions.
>As punishment, and also in order to aid him in self-reflection, Seishuu's father exiles him to the Goto Islands, far from the comfortable Tokyo lifestyle the temperamental artist is used to. Now thrown into a rural setting, Seishuu must attempt to find new inspiration and develop his own unique art style. That is, if boisterous children, fujoshi middle schoolers, and energetic old men stop barging into his house! The newest addition to the quirky Goto community only wants to get some work done, but the islands are far from the peaceful countryside he signed up for. Thanks to his wacky neighbors who are entirely incapable of minding their own business, the arrogant calligrapher learns so much more than he ever hoped to.
>>
Jojo's Bizarre adventure is a must watch OP, part 1 and 2 are kinda rushed but part 3 is done very well.

Part 4 is starting soon as well so hurry up!
>>
>>27202938
Absolutely watch TTGL. I enjoyed Kill la Kill quite a bit, but was thinking a lot when I was watching about how Gurren Lagaan executed a similar concept so much better
>>
File: 4mso81v.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4mso81v.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>27203627
Ping Pong is an anime I would recommend to people who don't watch anime. If you can get past the art style (which I ended up loving by the end). Incredibly well written characters. Don't let the title fool you into thinking is just a sports tournament anime
>>
The Tatami Galaxy (Romance, Mystery, Psychological)
>One autumn evening at a mysterious ramen stand in Kyoto, a lonely third-year college student bumps into a man with an eggplant-shaped head who calls himself a god of matrimony. Meeting this man causes the student to reflect upon his past two years at college: two years bitterly spent trying to break up couples on campus with his only friend Ozu, a ghoulish-looking man set on making his life as miserable as possible. Resolving to make the most out of the rest of his college life, the student attempts to ask out the unsociable but kind-hearted underclassman Akashi, yet fails to follow through, prompting him to regret not living out his college life differently. As soon as this thought passes through his head, however, he is hurtled through time and space to the beginning of his years at college and given another chance to live his life.

Love Lab (Comedy, Romance)
>The Fujisaki Girls Academy is known for their school body being composed of very proper students. The most prominent one of them is Maki, the student president who is admired by her classmates for her calm and polite demeanor. On the other hand, Kurahashi Riko is also admired but for having a very forward and boyish personality. Riko accidentally walks into Maki while she's practicing kissing with a pillow and learns that she isn't what everyone thinks she is. Riko is forced into keeping Maki's secret and join her in practicing all aspects of romance and more.
>>
File: 4235236.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4235236.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Hajime no Ippo. It'll last you for a while. Start with the first season, first episode.
>>
>>27203627

pingpong deathnote and shinsekai yori are all 10/10 when most anime is like 5/10 and barely watchable

wish i could stick my head in a microwave and forget about them so i can watch them again without knowing what happens
>>
File: watashitomoko.gif (73 KB, 624x381) Image search: [Google]
watashitomoko.gif
73 KB, 624x381
This one is pretty cool:

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
>>
>>27204071
it actually sucks

it's just as much of a meme anime as umaru

both belong in the trash
>>
>>27203702

jojos bizarre adventure is retarded baby anime

honestly watching it i thought it was a parody of anime

the only cool thing about it is i recognized some of the prog rock references which made me feel cultured
>>
>>27204084
Nah, Tomoko is actually cool and it has some feelsy parts. It's the only anime with a high school girl has main character that i tolerate
>>
>>27203930
10/10 patrician taste on Love Lab.

OP I've been watching (and there are a few staples I've missed):
>K-ON!
>K-ON!!
>Girls und Panzer (apparently the movie just came out too, waiting for subs)
>Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (cringey but somewhat funny)
>JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (part 3 being best, might wanna skim through parts 1 and enjoy part 2 but then really get into part 3)
>Mirai Nikki (pretty intense at times)
>Evangelion, then watch End of Evangelion
>Hajime no Ippo, from the beginning not just the newest shit, its pretty enjoyable despite some of the stuff being a little ridiculous (I used to box so I cringed here and there)
Reminder that UMARU IS A FUCKING MEME
There's a lot more but watch these I guess.
>>
Here are some of my TOP PICKS 2015

jojo's bizarre adventure
TTGL
Akira
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai champloo
Samurai 7
Space Dandy

And Code Geass because it is a fucking masterpiece. I liked it a lot the first time i watched it but as time goes on i just love it more and more.
>>
>>27202140

parasyte
desert punk
Log Horizon
>>
>>27204121
It is a bit of a parody anime, though. You're not really supposed to take it seriously
>>
>>27204212
Oh fuck i forgot THE comedy anime, Cromartie Highschool
>>
File: 1245437734423423.jpg (279 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1245437734423423.jpg
279 KB, 1024x768
>>27202140
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
https://youtu.be/iFPH0l_9agw
but watch the Tenchi Muyo! anime first.
>>
>>27203392
Not OP but Monster sounds great.

Any more horror anime you recommend?
I really enjoyed Parasyte
>>
>>27202847
I explore myself everyday
>>
Gintama
Nichijou
Hellsing Ultimate
Kino's Journey
Jormungand
Master Keaton
Ghost stories comedy dub
>>
>>27202140
Ghost in the shell
Spice and wolf
Jormungand
Baccano
Erased (airing but extremely good)
Gate (also airing and full of nationalist autofelatio but good)
Cowboy bebop
Ergo proxy
Konosuba
>>
>>27204001
>Death Note
>10/10
Fucking disgusting
And yourself
>>
>>27206082

are you just saying that because its mainstream or do you have a real opinion to share here
>>
>>27206117
It's garbage.
First half is decent, but the second half is Sao levels of stupidity.
Only normies and alternative teenage girls like death note.
It's so fucking entry level
>>
Non Non Biyori (Slice of Life, Healing, Comedy)
>Asahigaoka might look like typical, boring countryside to most; however, no day in this village can ever be considered colorless thanks to five students of varying ages occupying the only class in the only school in town. The youngest student is first grader Renge Miyauchi, who brings an unadulterated wit and curiosity. Then there are the Koshigaya siblings consisting of the quiet ninth grader and elder brother Suguru, diminutive eighth grader Komari, and the mischievous seventh grader Natsumi. The recent arrival of Tokyo-raised fifth grader Hotaru Ichijou, who appears overdeveloped for her age and thus naturally holds an air of maturity, rounds out this lively and vibrant group of five classmates.
>Non Non Biyori chronicles the not-so-normal daily lives of this group of friends as they engage in their own brand of fun and frolic, and playfully struggle with the realities of living in a rural area.

Humanity Has Declined (Fantasy, Absurdist)
>For years, declining birth rates have forced what's left of the human race to cede more and more territory to other beings who have appeared to take advantage of the emptying ecological niche. Now, only a handful of humans remain among the remnants of civilization and Earth is dominated by faeries: tiny, ten-inch tall creatures of surprising intelligence. But humanity's importance isn't over quite yet, as young Watashi learns as she makes the decision to return to her hometown and assume her grandfather's position as an arbitrator between the races. Unfortunately, the job isn't going to be anywhere near as simple as she expected, and it's going to take a wisdom far beyond her years to achieve her most important mission.
>>
>>27206315
Op here loving these recommendations from you very informative.
>>
Digimon seasons 1-3 are all pretty fun to watch subbed (season 3 is my favorite) and if you have crunchyroll you can watch digimon adventure tri as it comes out (art isn't as memorable as the first 3 seasons but the story still feels like digimon
>>
File: 1321651654.jpg (36 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1321651654.jpg
36 KB, 704x400
Kurokami is GOAT.
>>
I don't watch much Anime but I really, really enjoyed Code Geass
>>
Nigga, watch your lie in april, tokyo ghoul (both of em), soul eater, cannad (you liked durara), cannad after story, all the other shit i cant remember
>>
Mushishi (Mystery, Fantasy, Slice of Life, Supernatural)
>"Mushi": the most basic forms of life in the world. They exist without any goals or purposes aside from simply "being." They are beyond the shackles of the words "good" and "evil." Mushi can exist in countless forms and are capable of mimicking things from the natural world such as plants, diseases, and even phenomena like rainbows. This is, however, just a vague definition of these entities that inhabit the vibrant world of Mushishi, as to even call them a form of life would be an oversimplification. Detailed information on Mushi is scarce because the majority of humans are unaware of their existence.
>So what are Mushi and why do they exist? This is the question that a "Mushishi," Ginko, ponders constantly. Mushishi are those who research Mushi in hopes of understanding their place in the world's hierarchy of life. Ginko chases rumors of occurrences that could be tied to Mushi, all for the sake of finding an answer. It could, after all, lead to the meaning of life itself.

Space Brothers (Slice of Life, Comedy, Sci-Fi)
>One fateful summer night in 2006, Mutta Nanba and his younger brother Hibito witness what they believe to be a UFO flying toward the Moon. This impressing phenomenon leads both siblings vowing to become astronauts, with Hibito aiming for the Moon and Mutta, wanting to be one step ahead, aiming for Mars.
>Now an adult, life hasn't turned out how Mutta had pictured it: he is working in an automotive company, whereas Hibito is on his way to be the first Japanese man to step on the Moon. However, after losing his job, Mutta is presented with an unexpected opportunity to catch up to his younger brother when the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency, accepts his application to participate in the next astronaut selection. Despite self-doubts about his prospects, Mutta is unwilling to waste this chance of a lifetime, and embarks on an ambitious journey to fulfill the promise made 19 years ago.
>>
>>27202140
Cowboy bebop and samurai champloo are very good imo

psycho pass is alright and so is hellsing ultimate.

I just started watching anime so bear with me
>>
>>27202140
Historys strongest disciple Kenichi
Danmachi
Shura No Toki
Yakitate Japan (not sure why watching an anime about baking bread was so enjoyable)
Hajime no Ippo
Berserk
Myself;Yourself (I could relate to this one the most)

A couple shows I've watched that I probably enjoyed the most
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.