[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /buddhist/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1456073708964.jpg (26 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1456073708964.jpg
26 KB, 500x599
Who /buddhist/
>>
8fold path as best I can man
>>
File: 1457375007320.jpg (79 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1457375007320.jpg
79 KB, 500x628
>>27201344
Good luck on your journey fellow buddhistbot
>>
>>27201281
Why?

Why not just follow your own philosophy? Why adhere to any kind of rigid way of life and thinking?
>>
>heeheehee that's right you filthy lower caste scum the best path in life is to be really ineffectual and not care about anything you'll be really happy
>>
>>27201281
I love the idea of it, I've signed up for the free meditation sessions and Buddhist lectures at my local monastery a couple times but both times I've been to awkward and also felt too /superior/ as in I was unwilling to accept some of their protocols since I think I know better and have shit all figured out
>>
File: 1455007789059.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455007789059.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>27201361
So you can be truly happy.
>>
>>27201427
They just tell you how to meditate man. This is all buddhism is. Learning how to accept the present moment and enjoying it
>>
>>27201361
It's not very rigid at all though. The Buddha said to test his teachings so you can see them for yourself, and a lot of it is flexible.
Buddhism can point you the way, but you still have to work out enlightenment for yourself.
>>
>>27201462
Bowing to Buddha and all that kind of shit had me perturbed, thought shit like
>Buddha was just a cool guy and they even acknowledge this why are we bowing
>>
>>27201281
>he follows the social cult of religion instead of having his own self-interpreted philosophy kept to himself

Kindly leave, normie.
>>
>>27201361
Buddha specifically said don't follow my teachings mindlessly test to see if they hold true to you first.
Don't need to be a monk just try out their teachings and do or don't do what you want.

Its a shame a bunch of people on here are going to say its a shit philosophy and what's the point while being admittedly unhappy themselves.

You don't need to go all out on it guys just try a few things and see if it helps.
>>
>>27201522
You don't even need to believe in any afterlife or gods to get a lot out of Buddhism, it's much more of a philosophy than other shill religions
>>
>>27201501
Fuck that shit anon, Buddhism does not entail idol worship. Go find another monastery, or just do it at home alone like me.
>>
>>27201462
>Learning how to accept the present moment and enjoying it

Fuck that, the present moment isn't anything worth enjoying. Figuring out the present moment and what you can do to improve it is more important than being some dumbo who says "Oh well, I can just meditate it away."

Buddhism is a spiritual dead end, another ultimate nothing.
>>
I got into it just from listening to Audiodharma.org, which i did because it soothed me.

Pretty much everything they teach is pretty simple stuff, it just makes sense
>>
>>27201599
>Fuck that, the present moment isn't anything worth enjoying.
Too bad you gotta spend all your life in it lel.
>>
>>27201724
Yup, and pretending to be happy about it isn't very good for you or the rest of the planet.
>>
I opened up my chakras once it was great but it makes me realize that if I want to be better I need to work myself up to be there and I'll never do it I lack motivation
>>
>>27201563
Yeah you are right, thanks anon
>>
>>27201738
You are right anon
>Wallowing in self pity is the way to go
>>
>>27201281
I consider myself somewhere in between Buddhist, Hindu, and New-age spiritual.
It's a nice school of thought desu
>>
File: 1441355993614.png (537 KB, 586x671) Image search: [Google]
1441355993614.png
537 KB, 586x671
>>27201789
>Wallowing in self pity is the way to go

Yeah man, that's exactly what I'm saying.

"Present moment" doesn't mean YOU'RE present moment, it's the present universe and all of its entirety. Sit on a mattress and meditate all you want, that's not stopping people from getting blown up by landmines, that's not stopping people from getting kidnapped, that's not stopping people from going to prison for a crime they didn't commit, that's not stopping ethnic cleansing and genocide.

You can be happy with your own moment, but what's the point of your own happiness when there isn't happiness for billions of other people? If you aren't following your own form of Stoic-pessimism you're a willfully ignorant moron.
>>
I enjoy to read Zen Koans and think about them but I don't think I'm Buddhist
>>
>>27201281
although i do not believe that there's a god or anything in the ways of an afterlife, i still do find comfort in the Buddhist worldview

mysticism is overall very interesting
>>
>>27201983
was the second season any good?
>>
>>27202321
Not really, bud I'd still watch it if you enjoyed the first.
>>
>>27202351
neat. I downloaded it but haven't committed to marathoning it yet (despite getting a warning from my isp for the dl)
>>
>>27202392
>despite getting a warning from my isp for the dl

What are they going to do, take your internet away? Fuck em' they can't do shit.
>>
>>27202478
oh I know. Im not worried. though they did a thing where they injected their website into any I visited once a day to warn me
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.