[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in an afterlife? If not, what do you think happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x285
Do you believe in an afterlife? If not, what do you think happens after you die?
>>
We've already died anon.

This is hell.
>>
>>27199305
What happens after we die in hell?
>>
>>27199320
Redemption. Death here means you did something or piled up enough suffering to be redeemed and allowed into heaven.
>>
File: 1452629581649.gif (9 KB, 343x316) Image search: [Google]
1452629581649.gif
9 KB, 343x316
>>27199334
double dubs of sad truth
>>
File: pavese.jpg (33 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
pavese.jpg
33 KB, 500x710
As the Italian poet Cesare Pavese said, we know death because everyone before birth was dead.
>>
>>27199365
This
>I wasn't alive for millions of years before I was born
Who should I be so worried about dying? I wasn't upset about it before I was born
>>
>>27199579
That makes no sense, your birth was the beginning of your existence and the universe may as well have began right then because you wouldn't be able to tell either way.
>>
>>27199640
And the universe might as well cease to exist after you die. I don't get why you don't get it?
>>
A musing:

"You" are the product of matter and energy rearranging themselves in various ways over time, until you die and the matter and energy are arranged in ways sufficiently different for them to no longer produce "you".

Given infinite time, matter and energy left to move around, under the same laws of physics, will eventually arrange themselves in the same way.

We just experience the same life over and over again. But each time it seems like the first time.
>>
File: 1448330525693.jpg (237 KB, 1168x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448330525693.jpg
237 KB, 1168x1024
>>27199285
I have strange theories. I believe that when we die our life starts all over again in the same exact way, which is what causes deja vu.

My friend died two years ago from cancer. I picture him being in a sub-universe where it's the 90's again and he's a toddler. Eventually when it is 2010 we will meet in high school again, then he will die a few years later for the whole cycle to continue ;_;

Of course right now in this universe, the main one, life continues on. His family and friends still missing him and visiting his grave. It's just something I like to think about.
>>
>>27199836
This universe is the main one? How do you know this is the main one?
>>
I have a theory where if u tochu my dick it creates a new universe so by all means come over and touch my dick if u want to give life to billions and billions of children
>>
File: 1442833512422.jpg (40 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
1442833512422.jpg
40 KB, 303x566
I love how you faggots worry about something that no one knows about nor ever will know. Stop caring and you'll be free
>>
>>27199836
>I believe that when we die our life starts all over again in the same exact way, which is what causes deja vu.
How about instead of having retarded theories you should read up on actual theories of philosophers who make suggestions on how we perceive our own world
>My friend died two years ago from cancer. I picture him being in a sub-universe where it's the 90's again and he's a toddler. Eventually when it is 2010 we will meet in high school again, then he will die a few years later for the whole cycle to continue ;_;
What
>>
File: tired-wojak.png (34 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tired-wojak.png
34 KB, 633x758
>getting quints was the highlight of my week
I scoured my brain and came up with nothing else.

The only reason I don't kill myself is because I assume it's gonna get better. If I could just know if this is gonna be it or not, then I might just do it now.

>inb4 "it doesn't GET better. You MAKE it better"

I don't believe in free will. We are all just slaves to the way our biology/upbringing/environment formed us.
>>
>>27200111
People will make up all kinds of crazy shit to cope with loss
>>
>>27200134
shit wrong thread familia
original comment familia
>>
>>27200134
>not believing in free will
>actually believing he is a robot
Fucking retard
>>
>>27199285
nothing happens since you can't even think after death,it is the end for everything is it the only true certainty in life and the only time that we are assured that we will be in peace for eternity
>>
>>27200208
Well that and taxes
>>
nothing, your brain activity ceases and you cant experience anything else, anything else is a normie coping mechanism
>>
File: wojak crying.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
wojak crying.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>>27199783
>We just experience the same life over and over again.

fuck you thi is baitr
>>
>>27199836
>>Of course right now in this universe, the main one, life continues on.
>>in this universe

>AutismPrisionCYOA.png
You just got +10 on edgelord
>>
>>27199320

You're born again to live the same, exact awful life, over and over again, for the rest of eternity.

Sweet dreams :)
>>
>>27199285
You shall be granted the Kingdom of Heaven if you lived a life of virtue.
>>
>>27201261
It could be worse. Better than an eternity of blackness.
>>
>>27199836

>I believe that when we die our life starts all over again in the same exact way, which is what causes deja vu.

Poorly-thought out theory.

If it happened all over again the EXACT same way, we'd have no memory of it having happened before. Because if we had even the slightest memory of having done something before this could spur us to do something else differently and via the butterfly effect, we'd have a whole different life.

For things to be exactly the same, they need to be exactly the same. Even something like having an odd feeling like deja vu for ten seconds could be enough to totally change everything.

Even one rock out of place, one grain of sand in your eye, that one beer too many five years ago...all that shit is still in play and affecting you in ways you don't know, subconsciously.
>>
the evil ones enter a hell where they are unable to find love and are forced to select NEET sloth or wagekek frustration.

in the evening the devils huddle alone in the dark, telepathically conveying their suffering on anonymous imageboards.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.