[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yellowstone Eruption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: KillZone1.jpg (118 KB, 614x422) Image search: [Google]
KillZone1.jpg
118 KB, 614x422
Who here can't wait. Ash would fall all over the country but I don't think that's a big deal living on the coast
>>
>>27194276
How can we set off the eruption bros
>>
im so nihilistic and anhedonic that I hope for terrible catastrophes.

why dont girls appreciate my impotent disgust for the world :(???
>>
>>27194276
An eruption on that scale would fuck over the entire world and completely rape agriculture.
>>
Primary ash zone here, I have a loose contingency plan I've been slowly expanding.
I only have resources to save one member of my family, and that choice switches daily depending on how they treat me.
Right now, my big brother's in the lead for survival.
>>
>tfw live just slightly outside of secondary ash zone
wew

Too bad this will kill mostly good Americans. What we really need is series of spontaneous tsunamis to wipe out every coast line on the planet.
>>
>>27194309
>im so nihilistic and anhedonic that I hope for terrible catastrophes.
That's not what those words mean
>>
>>27194314
This. The Little Ice Age was caused by an eruption FAR weaker than Yellow Stone.
>>
File: really....jpg (138 KB, 807x861) Image search: [Google]
really....jpg
138 KB, 807x861
>States with al the white people
Horrifying
>>
Consider the fact that this could happen 5 minutes from now without any warning and completely fuck up everything on this planet, and every moment this does not happen, its slightly closer to happening.
>>
>>27194678
>tfw America destroys human civilization

So technically, we win, right?
>>
>>27194678
wouldnt it just fuck up america mostly? i read that only 90k would die.
>>
>>27194946
>only 90k

That eruption would kill millions if not billions of people.
>>
>>27194987
There's not even a billion people in the US
>>
File: 1439235550286.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1439235550286.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
>>27194678
consider the fact you are millions of times more likely to die of a sudden heart attack or aneurysm than a dormant volcano going off suddenly
>>
>>27195021
That eruption will cause catastrophic famine globally due to the enormous amount of material being blown into the atmosphere.
>>
>>27195045
so the eruption isn't going to kill billions, the famine will. Stop being retarded
>>
>>27194276
>literally the most barren tracts of land in america

sigh

we'll never have a good happening
>>
>>27195050
>the bullet didn't kill that man, the blood loss did. Stop being retarded
>>
>>27195069
>bullet come out of a gun
>famine does not come out of a volcano
Stop being retarded
>>
>>27195058

Most of our food comes from inside those red circles.
>>
>>27195086
Ash and other material comes out of a volcano, and that's what causes the famine.
>>
>>27195125
Inhaling ash doesn't cause you to starve to death
>>
>>27195139
Ash in the atmosphere causes the change in weather which causes the famine. Kind of like a bullet breaks your blood vessels and causes bleeding.
>>
>>27195156
Those two examples are nothing alike. Stop being retarded
>>
>>27194276
Any robots in killzone wanna let me crash there?
We can hang out and play vidya all day and eat junk food until we finally die
>>
File: indoor-farm.jpg (129 KB, 644x483) Image search: [Google]
indoor-farm.jpg
129 KB, 644x483
>>27195045

>tfw I just got a job as a robotics engineer doing indoor farming

Feels good man
>>
>>27194336
Don't cut yourself on that edge
Get to class now, don't want to be late
>>
The eruption would only cause 90,000 deaths, which isn't much. The nuclear winter would probably kill more, but we live in a highly mobile society.
>>
Who /Primary Ash Zone/ here?
>>
File: 1457924859352.gif (2 MB, 437x245) Image search: [Google]
1457924859352.gif
2 MB, 437x245
>tfw want to move to the kill zone to get away from niggers

Worth it.
>>
>>27194276
Modern Western urban centres keep two days worth of food on hand at any given time. If there really was an eruption of this magnitude, the entire transport infrastructure would collapse overnight. Remember what happens in New Orleans after Katrina? Multiply that by a thousand. After an initial run on supplies, there would be rationing. In two weeks, there would be food riots and martial law. Inside of a month there would be starvation, the lights would go out -- probably for good -- and nothing would come out when you turn the tap. At that point the government ceases to exist and civilization collapses. No one reading this would be alive a year later.
>>
>tfw Boise, Idaho
How fucked am I?
>>
>>27194276
you will when millions of acres of crops and farmland are fucking annihilated and a loaf of bread shoots up to $30 cuck
>>
It would literally send the entire world in disarray

All of america would be completely fucked regardless of ash amount. If anything, the people who die first would probably suffer the least.
>>
>>27195045
Mount saint hellen's erupted a few year's back and we're still here. Why would this be any different?
>>
>>27196971
Are you literally this stupid?

St Hellen was just a normal volcano, not a super volcano. When Yellowstone erupts it will cover the entire globe in ash causing another ice age and the survivors will have to deal with struggling with finding vegitation because it will mostly die out plus the midwest of the US makes up a good part of agriculture in the world
>>
>>27197130
And the difference between a volcano and a super volcano is?

Sorry, legitimately don't know and figured this would be a good place to ask.
>>
File: 1280px-HuckleberryRidgeTuff.jpg (424 KB, 1280x899) Image search: [Google]
1280px-HuckleberryRidgeTuff.jpg
424 KB, 1280x899
>>27197160
This was the main blast area of a former explosion from Yellowstone, Mt Saint Hellen's explosion covered like 40 miles in comparison

It's like the difference between a hydrogen bomb and a grenade launcher
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.