[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st generation immigrant feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: weeaboo_in_glorious_nippon.jpg (86 KB, 908x601) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo_in_glorious_nippon.jpg
86 KB, 908x601
>move out from my country at 13 years old
>different language, culture etc
>devastated, have no friends or someone to talk to
>year passes
>somewhat more comfortable here, no friends apart from classmates
>too far away from old friends, everyone moved on
>I am but a stranger here
>a tourist back home
>more years pass
>still same shit

Contemplating moving back and study there, but my grades suck. Any one experiencing same issues?
>>
Bumping with an original comment, that wont mute me
>>
File: 1437710548230.jpg (304 KB, 1280x1705) Image search: [Google]
1437710548230.jpg
304 KB, 1280x1705
Anyone? Someone, please respond
>>
That's the only way to be, ideas like nationalities only tie you down. I wish I could go live somewhere else, Canberra is so fucking dull.
>>
>>27192712
From where to where did you end up?
>>
I'm in the same position. Before I moved countries I had friends and was pretty funny/confident, but now the language barrier fucked me up
>>
>>27192712
You're a second generation bruh. Your mom and/or dad are first.

Actual first generation immigrant feels would go like this:
>move out from country where future looks bleak with wife and son
>work my ass off to learn different language, culture, get new citizenship, etc
>son unhappy because m-muh nostalgia
>fails to see the bigger picture of why we moved
>talks about friends like we don't all die alone in our own feces
>talks about going back, little ungrateful prick
>work my ass off in a 7/11 because my shitty country doesnt recognize my studies
>dont care, still live a better life with more choice and technology than out in the wild devastated wasteland i come from
>>
>>27193126
Lithuania to Sweden
>>
>>27193195
Isn't second gen the one ones that are born in the country that their parents moved in?

I completely understand why we moved, but thing is that reasoning doesn't apply to me. Lithuania has improved drastically in last few years, and the only reason my parents had shitty lives there was lack of education. Blue collar workers get shit paid there, that's why you see so many of us and polaks in UK and other countries working those jobs.
>>
>>27193251
>blue collars get shit pay
>not a shitty country
Got bad news for you.
>>
>>27193263
Well I'm not deluding myself that it will be nearly as good, or good at all. It's more about me being tired of feeling like I have no life at all here. Failed to integrate myself I suppose.
>>
>>27193362
Do you really think going back will make things better, or will you just be sad there too?
>>
>>27193362
Sweden is a shithole though. I forgive you for being ungrateful. Have you considered moving to another country, since you'll be a stranger wherever you go? Go crazy man. I'm a Canadian personally. I hate my province but I'm lucky enough to find economic and cultural diversity within my own country so I'll be moving from shitty Quebec to Nova Scotia where wherever you are, you're never more than 15 minutes away from the ocean, there I'll buy a house for half the price I'd pay in QC and found a family.
>>
>>27192712
Sunny?
>>
>>27193388
Honestly, people are different there. Much easier to make friends, talk with strangers etc. Here everyone is introverted or just sticks to their friend circle.

Friends I do still keep in touch are glad I'm coming back and are helping me with grade conversion. If it turns out that it's all me and not the country, I might return who knows
>>
>>27193401
Well choices are kinda low, since I don't want to go through another language barrier. Either English speaking countries, Lithuania or stay in Sweden.
>>
>>27193207
Fellow lithuanian, it isn't better back here, at least in Sweden you have a chance for good future. I can't see one for myself.
>>
agreed, it sucks.
>move out from country at 12
>lose all friends
>never integrate into new country, end up a recluse and a high school dropout to my parent's indifference
>work a few shitty part-time jobs in unskilled manual labor, slowly realize just how fucked i am
>still only barely speak the new language due to mostly being a recluse
just fuck...
>>
File: 1456555496445.jpg (18 KB, 293x219) Image search: [Google]
1456555496445.jpg
18 KB, 293x219
I'm as horrible as possible to first and second generation immigrants in order to discourage them from bringing their hordes of family members over. Just so you know, pretty much everybody around you hates you, they just will never admit it publicly since the zeitgeist is to pretend that immigration is cool.
>>
>>27193543
Same for me

>>27193529
At very least it looks civilised now, unlike few years back, when adidas tracksuit shaved heads were pretty common and "normal".
>>
Most men here in america has fucked >20 men and i only have 3. Also manlet. Feels so inferior here. They bragging that shit like it's normal.
>>
File: 1456375133497__1_.gif (924 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456375133497__1_.gif
924 KB, 500x281
Same thing happened to me. It was so bad that i was clinical depressed. Came back to my country to study at a private-best of the country college (which costed way less than any public college in the us) aaaand im still depressed as fuck. But ive been getting better. or so i think

Either way being lonely for so long fucked me up. Now i barely talk to anyone because im avoidant as fuck. So, i dont know how many years you have been there, but if you have been long enough you are probably already fucked up and wherever you move, nothing will change.
>>
>>27193859
>addas tracksuit shaved heads

That shit looks cool as fuck
>>
>>27193965
/fa/ pls. Not when they're trying to mug you.

>>27193948
Wouldnt say fucked, but I would probably still stand out. I can see that my way of thinking has changed drastically, plus my native tongue is somewhat poor cause I stopped learning it since seventh grade.
>>
>>27193543
You are literally me.

original blyat
>>
File: What is this.jpg (38 KB, 306x435) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
38 KB, 306x435
>>27192712
I dont understand why people move to a different country withount learning the language
>>
>>27194008
Just read that your Lithuanian. When i lived in the US, the school made all first generation immigrants whose first language isnt english to take a class dedicated to help us doing homework and improve our language and bla bla. Well, i remember that in that class there were 2 guys from lithuania. One was a total badass and had temper issues, he was always angry as fuck, one time he yelled at the teacher and closed the door really hard that a window shattered. He later confessed he was always angry because he didnt like to live there. The other lithuanian was always fucking sad. Very quiet, no friends. As far as i know, both came back to lithuania because they couldnt stand being there.

My point is, maybe lithuanians are very nationalist and love their country very much? not like the average american
>>
>>27194230
Honestly, I can't answer that question since I don't know myself. The last thing my father is, is a nationalist. But that's probably because he grew being bullied for being half russian.
>>
I moved from serbia in 96 with the senpai to california. Im back in serbia now for a few years studying medcine at the english language department in belgrade. Ill go back home to the united states this summer and after im done with my program in a couple years to wright the USMLE back home. Im also goingto be voting for trump this election.

I'd say I was a more succesful immigrant.
>>
>>27194318
The fact that you won't be in huge loan dept makes you more successful than the average citizen.
>>
>>27192712
>White guy, came to the US at 14 and already spoke English
>Can do a perfect American TV Announcer accent, got citizenship early, even served in the US army
>Everyone assumes I am an American
>I'm not. The culture is still weird, American football is weird, the politics are insane, the way everyone relates their life to TV and movies is scary
>Everyone assumes I am the same and I puzzle people, even make them uncomfortable
>Finally married a girl from Ireland who also has a good American accent - we're odd together
>>
My experience is almost exactly the same. Same age, but different countries. Now I'm stuck doing shitty factory work and wondering if there's anything I want to pursue/do in the future.
>>
>>27194230
Lithuanians are very much nationalists.
Thing is, we say as much bad things as good ones about our country, can't decide between best place in a world and fucking shithole.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.