[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who failure here? >dad wanted me to go to MIT and open up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 0937 - Y7tiQFK.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
0937 - Y7tiQFK.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
Who failure here?

>dad wanted me to go to MIT and open up a fortune 500 type company and make a lot of money
>all I could manage was highschool, 2 years of being a NEET, and now (hopefully) going to community college

I'm so sorry dad
>>
those are unfair expectations of you. of anyone. fuck your dad, OP.

No. 1 deathbed regret: "I wish I hadn't lived for others."
>>
>>27192307

>dad wanted me to go to MIT and open up a fortune 500 type company and make a lot of money

Um, so has HE made a fortune 500 company??
>>
My dad didn't even goto high-school.

Just went straight into a trade-school at like age 10 and went to work straight after at like 14.
>>
>>27192332
Guy wouldn't be going to community college if his dad had
Seriously it's always these baby boomers pushing their regrets in their kids.
>>
File: CN7Ij03U8AA2iv_.jpg (21 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
CN7Ij03U8AA2iv_.jpg
21 KB, 600x392
Been building a hoard of MTG cards so That I may someday get the job of my dreams working at a game store selling the stuff I love MTG cards and retro video games.

Been building for close to 2 years now. Have close to $12,000 worth of MTG cards listed on ebay, called up like 30 game stores all of them turned my down. I dunno what to do I feel so depressed right now I'm determined to keep building up my hoard of stuff but I dunno how to convince a store to hire me. I'm seriously considering buying a $1000 NES game just so that I have something serious. I dunno I'm tired to being squierreled away in my apartment I wanna do what I do right now for an actually store be around people like myself instead of being all by my lonesome.
>>
>>27192364
>Just went straight into a trade-school at like age 10 and went to work straight after at like 14.
>age 10
>14
Wat
>>
>>27192411
Well they royally fucked us over by planning ahead for spics and nigs in US and sandnigs in EU.
When they had 10$ over they gave it to the red cross to overbreed africa without thinking, instead of investing in their childrens future.

Most of the boomers are human trash, they may have money but they have no brains.
>>
>>27192478
He is 66. He went to a new country at age 10 or so with no schooling background. He just got sent to a trade school to learn a trade, never actually did any schooling. He as limited reading/writing skills that he learned on the job while working his trade.
>>
>>27192307
>dad wanted me to go to a top undergrad school and then law school
>2.6 GPA thanks to depression/laziness, law school probably not happening even if I crush the LSATs (no way am I going $100k into debt for a job so dependent on social skills)
>planning to enlist in the navy after graduating
>still haven't told him
>>
>26
>still working on undergrad history degree (due to changing majors a few times and taking 1-2 semester breaks to neet when I got too burned out) Last semester though
>still shitty gpa because a good part of the time I was too lazy to do any work beyond what got my a D.
>academic probation twice
>parents paid for college so I've wasted much more of their money than I should have.
>never done a day's work in my life, can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes without daydreaming. The thought of working everyday for most of my life fills me with abject soul crushing dread.
>very physically weak, hungry skellyton at 5'10 131lbs
>so awkward I can't speak in more than a monotone whisper in public.
>never had a friend, kissless, hugless, virgin

My entire family's hopes for the next generation rest on me (mom and dad both only children, so no cousins) and I've completely failed by every measurable standard.
>>
Actually a 4 year college........with a fucking comm degree, Fuck this I might go to trade school or get a state job from my Grandfather who worked for the government his whole life and got a sweet pension
>>
>>27192724
Same here
My grandpa worked as a government officer all his life, but it's nearly impossible for me, there's just way too much competition, every Joe wants to be a government employee.
Funny thing is, even Joe's don't get the jobs but Tyrones and other minorities do
>>
File: dog_rain_sad.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dog_rain_sad.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
Parents had me at 19 and 18. Dad is a highschool dropout construction worker, while my mom stayed home to raise me and my little brother that they had two years after me. Moved to Sweden for better life when we where in our early teens. They want us to go to uni and get a good education, but I already fucked up my last year of highschool.
Atleast they still didn't put all their eggs into one basket.
>>
my dad dropped out of hs and my mom dropped out of college. they just want me to be happy and not on the fucking road
>>
>>27192307
Your dad had extremely unrealistic expectations.
>>
>parents want me to be happy
sorry brehs I don't think I will make it
>>
>>27192307
>living alone with dad who is an engineer earning shitload of money, muscular and he is not afraid of anything
>mom died
>never had any siblings
>he always wanted me to be a real man, he always told me he can't wait to be a grandpba, he can't wait when I will introduce him my first gf, he always told me that I can ask him anything about girls
>he always told me he can't wait for a day when I will finish my university and I will get a decent job he will be so proud at me

>I am 25 fat kissless virgin still living in his house
>I started to study law but I was too stupid for it so I switched to History and literature, I managed to finish this
>after 6 months I finally managed to find a job as a history teacher with a 380 euros as salary
>When I get home I usually eat and play video games all the day or shitposting here
>dad wasn't able to watch this and he started to drink because of me

Sorry dad. I want to kill myself, I am just afraid that I will hurt you more if I would do it.
>>
File: 1418328429811.jpg (67 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1418328429811.jpg
67 KB, 500x544
>dad alcoholic
>mom thinks I'll be successful and proud of me
>first year of college ,2 exams failed until now but I'm positive I'll graduate the first year
>poor ,eating ramen almost everyday and shitposting
The good part is that I'm not bad looking,have a sexy gf,but I don't like to go out and socialize ,I just find it more fun to shitpost and play vidya
>>
>>27192307
why would you feel bad about this?

unless he had equivalent exp this is not attainable for 99.9999% of people
>>
>>27193369
Cmon man, you're all he has left. Pick your shit together. Aim higher. Don't lose yourself in your own self loathing. Just think about how your father's eyes will light up when he will see his grandson for the first time. Become what your dad is to you, to your own child. sorry if this makes you feel pressured, but you can do it man
>>
My parents never expected much from me, but I always wanted more for myself.
>friends and relatives all manage to get accepted to prestigious schools
> was a childhood dream to to such a thing
>even my friends at this shitty school are managing tomfind success
>they're all either getting offers from major companies or getting accepted to prestigious grad schools
I don't think I'll ever get over it. I was thinking about having kids so that they could fulfill my dreams, but that wouldn't be right. I just don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>27192469
Just start your own retro/MTG shop man.
>>
>>27192469
>I'm seriously considering buying a $1000 NES game just so that I have something serious.
Don't fucking do that, no gamestore is suddenly going to take you seriously because you have 1 prehistoric game worth 1000bucks.
>>
Can't help it, but reading through these life stories about what your parents wanted you to be, and how you actually ended up makes me burst out laughing. I mean it's not like I have lived up to any of my parents expectations myself. But there is just something hilarious when I read shit like
>mom and dad wanted me to become the president of the united states of america
>I become an alcohol bum kv frogposting faggot, shitposting on computers at the local library
>>
>>27194613
At least I'll have the good sense to cut my kid off if they fail to meet my expectations.
>>
>>27194613
Some parents have high expectations, big deal
Asian parents are far worse in this department, they'll work their kids to the point of suicide
>>
>>27194853
I'm not laughing at the kids fucking up their parents expectation. It's more the fact that we are born on a little pebble floating around in the infinite that is the universe. And somehow we believe that all these expectations we and others have about ourselves matter at all, and the worst part is that we actually beat ourselves up for and feel sad and depressed, then we die with the realization it was all one big fucking joke.
>>
>>27192469
get a spot at a flea market or travel around to conventions and set up booths selling your junk.
>>
>>27192307
The very cause of your loserdom is the expectation your father put upon you to be successful and rich. These unrealistic expectations were literally a way to dominate you and fill you with anxiety, which made you avoid formation of your own goals and ideas of success.

If there is a hell I hope your father and all fathers like him will go there.
>>
>>27195137
This
I've seen a lot of kids like OP, their patents tell them when to breathe and when not to. Parents like his have good intentions but ultimately hinder the development of the kids, kids need a degree of freedom to decide their futures. When parents tell the kids what to become when they grow up, the kids see it as an indication that the parents are saying "your future is our responsibility"
>>
I'll be homeless some day. I just don't care about anything.
>>
>>27192307
>open up a Fortune 500 type company

Yeah, a small family-owned $1 billion business. That's exactly how it works
>>
>>27192469
The store doesn't hire you to sell YOUR shit you fucking idiot. You are a customer service agent selling their shit.

FFS how do they make money paying you to sell sell your shit??
>>
My parents are disappointed I'm a loser, but all the bad qualities I have can be traced back to them. I'm not saying I'm not responsible for myself, but upbringing has a big impact on your personality.
>>
>>27192307
why does everyone keep posting this stupid green lizard?
>>
File: 1457395751823.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1457395751823.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>mom and dad never finished high school
>expect me to graduate from college by with a good degree and be successful by the age of 7
>never taught any work ethic, never scolded, never told to do anything around the house
>mom guilt trips me to continue college after I told her that I needed a break
>flunk out and become NEET

Don't know what they expected.
>>
>>27192307
>open up your own company
>start your own business

What is with this "meme" amongst normal people, /r9k/. Not banging on the people who legitimately want to, gpod luck to those folk, but it seems like every average joe and jolene has this idea that you are not living unless you start a business/company.

I had one guy tell me to start a business when I was pondering what I should be doing with my life. What the fuck? I have nothing to sell nor am I interested in selling anything.

Is it because normal people are THAT self conscious about "MUH INDEPENDENCE" and "STICKING IT TO DA BIG MAN"? Seems like pushing those "dreams" on everybody will just lead to massive amounts of crushing failure and debt because their hearts were not actually in it.
>>
>>27196629
You're probably being sold to by some fucker doing multi level marketing. Some people start businesses because they see it as a challenge, a goal they set for themselves, but most people who ask you to start a business along with them, it's probably a pyramid scheme, MLM, or ponzi scheme
>>
>>27196629
Financial security has always been middle class craves for, having a business or being self employed provides the illusion of financial safety
What people don't realize is it's tough work, and few manage to pull it off successfully.
Thousands of hipsters make their own "startup" company every month, but few even last more than a year
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.