[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots in japan here? Okinawa right here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (17 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
17 KB, 1280x853
Any robots in japan here?
Okinawa right here
>>
fuck off chinky
>>
>>27190892
are you white?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uC4AUyju7k
>>
>>27190942
>>27190968
Im mexican lol. Im military stationed here. I really like it and all the asians are qts. I hope I can be stationed on mainland japan for my next duty station
>>
File: Akarin_lewd.jpg (40 KB, 390x478) Image search: [Google]
Akarin_lewd.jpg
40 KB, 390x478
>>27191066
Is it true what they say about Okinawan girls?
>>
I'm going to Osaka in two weeks!
>>
Saitama here.

Share an apartment with a nice Japanese guy. Easy commute to Tokyo, a lot cheaper, it's a nice place.

Been here for a year and a half.
>>
>>27191974
>Saitama here.
What is your daily workout routine faam
>>
>>27190892
Shibuya here.
It's crowded as fuck, I want to move away from here.
>>
>>27191066
Do you know some fucking creepy nerdy weirdo named Ben A.? Last I heard he was stationed at Okinawa
>>
>>27192099
probably. I need the last name man
>>
>>27191890
What do they say about okinawan girls?
>>
File: lewd_01.png (636 KB, 2500x2641) Image search: [Google]
lewd_01.png
636 KB, 2500x2641
>>27192230
Let's say they are extra lewd.
>>
>>27192287
Well I am on this board so i wouldnt know anything about that lol. Although I was a super nerd back in the states but here the japanese girls are super easy to talk to and ive actually went on dates.
>>
>>27191066
>Im mexican lol. Im military stationed here.

Wait, Mexico has troops in Okinawa? When did that happen?
>>
>>27192066

I live in Tokyo as well.

What do you do?
>>
>>27190892
If you're in the military kill yourself
>>
>>27192318

He's American, he's just doing that weird thing some Americans do where they identify themselves by the nationality of their ancestors ("I'm Irish", "I'm Italian", etc.).
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (23 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
23 KB, 480x270
>>27192361
Why do you feel that way?

original commento
>>
>>27192210
Ames
>>
>>27190892

Are Okinawans still angry about that time some marines raped a high school girl back in the 90s? I heard that a lot of them want you all to go to the mainland.
>>
Living in Harajuku in Tokyo
>>
>>27192623
I looked him up on FB and we got mutual friends and I recognize him from around work. Why is he a creep lol
>>
>>27192641

I've been here 3 weeks studying.

Pretty lonely haven't met anyone.

Would you considered exchanging line?
>>
>>27192635
Some are. There is literally a group of protesters that set up a little camp outside of base and are there 24/7 just protesting. We were told that a lot of them are paid by the chinese government. I dunno how true that is tho
>>
>>27192674

Thats bull shit.

They are just people protesting.

Can you approach them and make a video? Film the reactions of you approaching them.
>>
>>27192674
>We were told that a lot of them are paid by the chinese government. I dunno how true that is tho

It probably isn't true. The Chinese wouldn't need to pay them to protest, a lot of Okinawans hate you guys already, way more than Japanese people on the mainland (who are overwhelmingly ok with it, which I really don't get).
>>
>>27192702
Yea doing that is a good way to get my ass beat and im not even sure we are allowed to approach the protesters on foot.
>>
>>27192731
>who are overwhelmingly ok with it, which I really don't get

I think it's because they see the US as a substitute for their own military. As long as people like OP are over there, they don't have to bother. There was some poll asking Japanese people if they would join the military in the event of Japan being attacked, and only 4% of them said yes.

>>27192732
Yeah, that wouldn't end well for anybody
>>
>>27192732

If you know anything about Japanese society they won't do anything.

Firstly they wont hit a soldier outside a military base.

Secondly they wont hit anyone in general.

They are actually pretty decent people thinking they are doing good for their community.
>>
>>27192663
I actually haven't made a line account yet, but I can if you want. I usually spend my freetime playing stuff in arcades, but I don't have so much because of commissions and my normal enployment. I'm also a /fa/ autist if that bothers you. How old are you if I can ask?
>>
File: abe pepe.jpg (184 KB, 1000x554) Image search: [Google]
abe pepe.jpg
184 KB, 1000x554
Moving to Shizuoka next week. Can't wait.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 800x400
At Shinagawa right now
>tfw all these qts everywhere
>tfw you will never talk to any of them
>>
Ignorant guy here. Why is there such a big American military presence in Japan?
>>
>>27193045
There was this big war ~70 years ago, you might have heard of it.
>>
>>27193106
That doesn't answer the question at all.
>>
>>27190892
Yea, I'm a Navyfag in Yokosuka.
>>
>>27193123
Because with China and best korea over there is in our best interests to maintain a heavy presence in the region
>>
>>27192776

I just wanted some one to talk to. Mainly because I don't know the country/city well.

I'm 19 but honestly I just want to talk to some people living in the city. My Japanese is 2/10 which makes things hard.

Send me a mail for my line: [email protected]
>>
>>27193123
Never heard of what happened to Japan after they got BTFO by two nukes? I'll give you a tip, Americans took over much of their government.
>>
>>27190892
Just PCSed from Oki a few months ago. Have fun being on lock down because the Navy raped someone again.
>>
>>27191890
If they're lewd, they're digging that gold and you're not getting shit once you put a ring on it.
>>
>>27192731
Fucking wrong. I lived in Okinawa for over four years. A majority of the protesters are from Honshu, paid and flown in via Naha. Minor protests at Camp Schwab are the exception, because of the Henoko relocation project.

Watch Anthony Bourdain's show on Okinawa. It's bad, but even with leading questions when he asks Okinawans if they'd rather have the American military or Chinese tourists, they say the Americans.
>>
What's it like dating in Japan?
>>
>>27193535
It's great if you're a not hideous white guy. I've had sex with several Japanese girls.
>>
>>27190892

Purease America soldier stoppu rape of Japanese woman. We beg of you!
>>
I was there in October. Shared a table in a okonomiyaki bar with an American family. We made fun of how they talked, I was pretty drunk. Ausfag here. Can Americans not control the volume of their voices? Like holy shit. In Japan you can hear an americunt a mile away
>>
>>27193045
>Why is there such a big American military presence in Japan?

After the end of WWII, Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution forbade Japan from going to war. It's kind of funny, because up until recently the US was obligated to defend Japan but Japan was forbidden from defending the US by their own constitution.

There's also this thing called the Yoshida Doctrine, which was a strategy that Japan has followed ever since the US occupation ended in the 1950s. Basically, Japan focuses all of its public spending on improving its own economy, while the US handles defense. And on the US side of things, we kept our markets open to Japanese businesses, allowing their economy to grow by exporting goods to the US. Plus, the Japanese people are strongly anti-military, so they're generally happy to not have to waste a lot of taxpayer money on it.
>>
>>27194041
>Can Americans not control the volume of their voices?

We can, we just don't want to.
>>
>>27194068
Well do it. Or suffer the wrath of drunk Australians m8
>>
>>27190892

>lived in Japan for a while
>went on vacation to Okinawa
>visit one of the caves in which the population/ Japanese soldiers hid during WW II
>stand in front of wall with pieces of shrapnel in wall
>text next to it explains that Japanese soldiers killed their own civilians as well as that many soldiers and civilians commited suicide in fear of the invading Americans
>all civilized people there show respect towards the deceased by not speaking loudly and moving around caustiously
>American group arrives, "talk" to each other by screaming through the whole tunnel, laugh like animals; in short they behave in inconsiderate and unrespectful ways
>all Asians there give them death stares but they don't seem to notice
>>
>>27194087
>implying we're scared of Desert Canadians

>>27194150
Americans generally don't bother travelling to other countries, the ones that do are generally annoying rich people. And you'll find disrespectful tourists everywhere, just look at the Brits and Chinese at the memorials in DC.
>>
File: sweatingman.png (205 KB, 275x353) Image search: [Google]
sweatingman.png
205 KB, 275x353
>tfw finding out if I will be moving to Japan in 2 weeks

nervous desu
>>
>>27194041
Also one of the fat Americans used his small spatula as a scoop to eat his okonomiyaki
>>
>>27194198
what are you doing there senpai
>>
>>27194206
applied to JET as an ALT(assistant language teacher). It gets shit on alot around here but I don't really care as this is my last chance at a new beginning/to escape the clutches of the robot.
>>
>>27192655
I was his roomate in college, he's a nice enough dude, but he lived out of his bed, owned like 2 shirts, lost his shit on our other Chad roomate, threw his shoe at someone over a game of monopoly, when everyone in our suite would go to dinner, he's go off and sit alone even with us inviting him, sit and cry in his bed, would wear this robe around on the weekend, rarely did laundry, dude had a rough life but would get rude and uppity with people, he's more of a robot than I.
>>
>>27194226
shiet son well lets see how you do. How good is your jap
>>
>>27194226
Very nice anon, you're living the dream. Can you speak japanese?
>>
>>27194250
>>27194257

None. The only requirement is that you be a native speaker and have a degree. From what I've heard you are basically employed as a foreigner for people to look/talk at. Better than being a NEET I guess...

Anyone else in this thread from/applied to JET?
>>
>>27194290
I always see this, that somebody doesn't know a lick of Japanese and yet they become teachers. I'm not calling you a liar anon, but it seems pretty hard to believe to me. I'd love to do it though, how do you go about it? Surely you must have to at least understand some moon speak/moon runes?
>>
Emphasis on the -assistant- language teacher I guess. All I know is that you work with a Japanese teacher who can speak English to just help them out and shit and get involved.

If you are in the UK check this out https://www.jet-uk.org/index.php , or just google 'JET programme >your country<.

It seems like an alright gig but I hear there can be alot of tension between you and your peers as you essentially work less hours, do less work and get paid more than the actual teachers.
>>
>>27194290
>Anyone else in this thread from/applied to JET?

No, but I went to Japan as an exchange student a couple of years ago. I met a guy who used to be a teacher in the JET program and later returned to Japan to work at a university. He couldn't speak Japanese either when he arrived and suffered from severe culture shock. If I can give you some advice, do the bestyou can to pick up the language as fast as you can -- especially if you want to make Japanese friends. Also, if you're having a hard time making friends or if you feel isolated and there is a university near-by, try meeting foreigners or one of the Japanese students who are really capable of the English language there.
>>
>>27194290
I have. Keeping my fingers crossed until April.

You send in your fingerprints yet?
>>
>>27194322
see >>27194354

also there are other ways to go about, I think Interac is one such company but JET is pretty much the big one.
>>
>>27194362
Nah in the UK you don't need to submit them yet (or at all).

good luck mate I hope you get it
>>
>>27191958
me too
maybe we met before
I'm the pollack guy who's looking for a place to sleep in Osaka (03-30~04-03) and Tokyo (04-07~04-11)

anyone want to hang out (...and let in their apartments if possible :^))?
[email protected]
>>
File: qt.jpg (49 KB, 558x372) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
49 KB, 558x372
>>27194226

I'l be honest with you mate.

Jet is really competitive. I can almost guarantee if you are a neet with a college degree you wont be hired.

Thats okay though, just keep shopping around and going to interviews. Eventually you will get an awesome opportunity.

Just because you fail jet doesnt mean you should stop.
>>
File: plsfinish.png (563 KB, 887x901) Image search: [Google]
plsfinish.png
563 KB, 887x901
>>27194460
Alright thanks mate. I did get an interview which I hear is the hardest part and I'm quite good at hiding my power level but now it's the waiting game. Being a NEET for a few years really took its toll on my grammar/vocab aswell.
>>
>>27194395
I dont know what the interview was like for you, but it was total robotville in my city. Never seen such a sad bunch of overweight, balding, anti-socialites. There were people waiting to be interviewed and they werr sleeping! Sleeping! At a job interview! I may be a robot but I spent what spare time I had talking to some ex-JETs.
>>
>>27194521
Jesus christ, well I guess that increases your chances alot. Only saw two other candidates at my interview - they seemed socially awkard but not autisitic weebs. Me too, I had alot of questions for him and found it strange that I was actually carrying the conversation in my group.

Did you have a specific placement request?
>>
>>27194589
Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara

To be honest, I dont care where I go because I figure I can always transfer elsewhere after a year.
>>
>>27194920
Cool, I don't care either. I also thought this but it seems unlikely atleast for the UK JET programme.

I got this from the faq:

"It is unlikely that you would be given the opportunity to move to a different placement during your time on JET. Relocation is sometimes possible in exceptional circumstances, however these do not include dissatisfaction with your job or surroundings. There is a slight possibility that you may be able to relocate to a different city in your prefecture should you wish to do so at some point during your time on the JET Programme, however this is very uncommon. Although every situation is different, JET participants should assume that their working conditions will remain the same if re-contracting for another year."
>>
>>27194226
You want to stop being a robot so you decide to go to the most robot country on Earth?
>>
>>27194290
I got rejected, but I'm Singaporean so eh.
The application process was a paperwork hell too. But the upside is that I now have a set of backup documents ready any time I want to apply for any other eigo sensei job.

I also applied for interac but got no reply at all so I think I flunked that.
>>
>>27195075
I think that's referring to relocation before your one year contract is over.

After your contract expires I'm pretty sure you can reapply for another year and request a move elsewhere.

Not who you're talking to, but I think of it like this: I'm miserable in the west. Chances are I'll be miserable in the east too. But at least I'll be miserable and well traveled.
>>
>>27194041
When I came back to the US I was amazed at how loud Americans really are.
>>
>>27194521
For real? I went to take my interview and everyone else there was Ivy league or just beneath it.

I feel better about my chances now though.
>>
>>27190892
how's the tech industry in japland?

i've been learning programming and taking CS as a major and moving to japan would be cool. is it in demand and how are the work conditions? i've heard hours can be real long due to the whole work ethic they have.
>>
How can I move to Japan without being an English teacher? Most jobs want business or native level japanese. I am studying japanese but i don't think i'm at that level yet. I feel like living there would help me learn the language faster through immersion
>>
>>27196221
i dont know sorry
i wish i could help
>>
File: Cool face.jpg (46 KB, 475x375) Image search: [Google]
Cool face.jpg
46 KB, 475x375
>>27196904
it's fine, anon. i'm just curious.
>>
File: 1389423329886.jpg (83 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
1389423329886.jpg
83 KB, 600x511
>>27190892
going to japan in two weeks, gonna eat some nice food.
>>
>>27193570

Even as a blackman? I'm light skinned does that give me bonus points?
>>
>>27197505
not really

if u is real pretty boy jap bitvhes would love it
>>
>>27192917
>literally a two drawer dresser and electrical pole for a name
what a meme country
>>
>>27199131
>if u is real pretty boy

I'm not sure how pretty boy works for blacks, but I've been called that twice in my life. Was probably in an insulting or sarcastic manner though.
>>
File: pepe44.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe44.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
Does anyone know how much money I would need to take a vacation to Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto? I'm in the eastern United States and would probably be flying out of JFK. I have $5,000 saved up right now, is that enough?

Pls respond.
>>
I'm having trouble getting a working visa, meanwhile this is a citizen. Makes me a little jealous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBpXy69_3jg
>>
>>27199409
Yes that will be enough,
>>
>>27199409

5k is enough, don't go spending stupidly though.
>>
File: 1216151528.jpg (332 KB, 1750x984) Image search: [Google]
1216151528.jpg
332 KB, 1750x984
I was in Japan. I want to go back soon.
>>
>>27201444
stray cats and vending machines. That is pretty much japan for you
>>
>tfw effeminate 6'0 white dude
>would most likely crush poon in japan
>not attracted to jap girls at all
no offense to any of my yellow fever brethren, but they look like beavers to me
>>
File: 1213151125.jpg (486 KB, 1750x984) Image search: [Google]
1213151125.jpg
486 KB, 1750x984
>>27201517
Trying to pet stray cats and trying new random things from vending machines are some of my fondest memories from that trip.

Pic is largest Japanese cat I pet.
>>
>>27201550
Bro I never gave a thought to jap girls either until I moved here now I got major yellow fever.
>>
File: 1341268934615.jpg (52 KB, 782x528) Image search: [Google]
1341268934615.jpg
52 KB, 782x528
>>27201550
Don't expect much. pic related

The being white meme needs to stop.
>>
>>27201628

Whites and Blacks are about on the same level from what I've heard, they certainly have an advantage above the other nonasians though, that's a fact.
>>
>>27201628
i mostly meant that i looked like a bitch
which is a huge detriment to me in my own country
but a positive in a place where looking like a bitch is very much popular

an effeminate black or hispanic dude doesn't work out the same way

also croatia is 3rd world i dont give a fuck about it
>>
>>27201672
If youre in an area with a lot of americans you will have competition and wont score. If you go to a place where its mostly japanese people, you will have a better chance.
>>
File: Fat_ac0a4a_5576352.jpg (42 KB, 780x545) Image search: [Google]
Fat_ac0a4a_5576352.jpg
42 KB, 780x545
>>27194226
>>27194460
>>27194510
>applied to teach at a random school (not JET)
>got handed the job instantly
>got my visa approved with no hassle

>Past job experience: None

There's always hope.
>>
>>27201662
True, and that goes for any country.
If you're attractive then you're attractive, if you're not then you're not. Unless you cater to some fetish.

Plus there's a million other white guys there who are probably a lot more attractive and interesting than you or me.
>>
>>27190892
Same brobot
I am originally posting
>>
How expensive is it to live Japan? I mean, cities like Osaka and Tokyo?
>>
>>27192731
It is true
China doesnt want america being the big dog in the pacific
They think if they can get america to leave then theyll be able to take over and run shit their way

The protesters arent even okinawan
They need america on the island
>>
>>27201775
iirc cities like tokyo can be expensive if you don't have a steady income source
>>
>>27193418
Its not restricted yet. Just naha for now
>>
>>27192768
I think he is saying that his superiors in the military camp wouldn't allow it
>>
Question to anons in Japan: are the girls there really more conservative? Am I more likely to find virgin girls there?
>>
>>27203880
>Am I more likely to find virgin girls there?

Your weebs fantasies a re delusions. Girls are the same no matter where they are.
>>
>>27203911
Don't crush my FUCKING dreams anon.
>>
>>27203956

It's a pathetic dream, and I hate your types because I get lumped in with you
>>
Guys apparently there's shitload of protesters outside my base following the alleged rape of of chick. I'll try and post pics during my drive out of base in around 15 or so minutes
>>
>>27205366
Be an hero, silence them.
>>
>>27205366
It's almost been an hour, did he died?
>>
>>27205366

He's denying it, says he just found her asleep in a hotel hallway. This isn't like the case in 1995 when it was really fucking obvious that the guys were guilty.

>tfw the US has apologized more time for one rape than Japan has apologized for literally millions of rapes
>>
File: 1382908043922.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1382908043922.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>27194290
>The only requirement is that you be a native speaker and have a degree

>want to do this as a career
>my japanese is weak but it exists
>i have been a teacher for 3 years
>I have no degree
Please some-one tell me that experience will be enough to get me in.
>>
>>27206495
The JET programme isn't a career, it's a maximum of 3 years designed for graduates. It's also for an ALT not a teacher. Look into Interac bro, much more down your alley.
>>
File: wIb4znz5[1].jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
wIb4znz5[1].jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>27190892
No, but sometimes wish I was.
>>
>>27191890
That they hate americans? Yes
>but all the dudes say they love you!
Nah senpai, get past the whores who hang around based for fags
>>
>>27206533
>Requirements
>Bachelor's degree

This is even worse!
God-dammit, I am currently enlisting in the military, maybe I can get a bachelor's after my 12 year contract there.
>>
What are the odds of getting stationed in Japan? I'm going to enlist in the Navy after college, so odds are I'll be in the Pacific.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.