[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: feels.png (13 KB, 197x239) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
13 KB, 197x239
I'm angry that my childhood was stolen by being forced to go to what was basically a day prison where I learned mostly false information and useless trivia (most of which was at best a collection of half-truths).

So much of what I learned in school consisted of false information. It was almost a complete waste of time and I could have learned more accurate information in like, five years.

The entire school curriculum could be condensed into four years if they cut out all the bullshit.

Start school at seven or eight, graduate at thirteen or fourteen.

Yeah you think it's retarded but if we cut out all the "Washington cut down the cherry tree" and "Columbus discovered the earth was round" and "Spanish people lisp to imitate a dead king" and the five thousand other complete lies that we get taught as facts, I think it could be pulled off.
>>
>>27190724

And before any of you give me shit about the difference between eight and thirteen being five years, not four years, I know. It was a mistake.
>>
>"Spanish people lisp to imitate a dead king"

haha, what?

anyway they need to teach you actual practical things in school like how to get a credit card, how to apply for a passport, how the legal system works where you live, different important laws where you live, how to pay your taxes, ect all life skills you have to hope your parents will teach you since otherwise you are 100% fucked in society and will actually go to prison over some of them even though you didnt understand what to do
>>
But then you'd have a shit load of 13 yo little fucking monkeys doing fuck nothing and ruining everyone's day

Nah, have them contained.
>>
>>27190787

In most dialects of European Spanish, the speakers distinguish between "S" and "soft c/z". They pronounce "s" similarly (but not necessarily identically to S as it's commonly pronounced in English, but soft c and z are pronounced like the "th" in "thimble".

They're not lisping. That's just the phoneme those letters signify in their form of Spanish.

It's kind of like how in English they used to say "smoketh" and "beateth" instead of "smokes" and "beats". They weren't lisping. That was just how people talked back then.

But that wasn't a good enough explanation so we had to learn some retarded bullshit about how there was a lisping Spanish king and Spanish people tried to imitate him, to sound "royal".

It's a complete lie with zero basis in reality.
>>
>>27190860

For thousands of years, 13 year olds had been helping their families and actually doing productive stuff, not sitting in a classroom learning crap at a snail's pace and doing pointless busy work.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 669x667
So pretty much you're just saying schools should cut history class because it's full of lies
>>
>>27190724
>Math
>Physics
>Computer Science
>false information and useless trivia

Yeah, I think you just didn't cut it, champ.
>>
>>27190978

>Physics

I was taught that an egg stands up on its bottom on the vernal equinox.

Oh, and in biology we got taught about 30 various lies about animals.
>>
So kids can just go until the age of eight not knowing how to read, and by age 13 should have the attention span and reading ability to read Julius caeser or great expectations. Also I'm pretty not knowing how to read or do math until you're 8 fucks your development and turns you into a retard
>>
>>27190724
I know you're probably an angsty high school senior, but I honestly can't remember anything I learned in HS.
>>
Albeit tremendously useless, I miss public school a lot. If they taught what you actually need to know, you could probably do of Kindergarten to Grade 5 and then 4 years of life skills after that.
>>
>>27191061

>I know you're probably an angsty high school senior

I'm not. I dropped out, got my GED and then enrolled in college. Which is also loaded with useless busy work, but at least it's not as loaded with shit as public school was. In fact, my professors in college actually taught me how what I learned in public school and wasted so much time on was lies and trash.

My school history teacher taught me that Columbus discovered the earth was round. My college professor schooled me on it and how that was total crap and people knew it was round way before columbus. It's just a myth that he discovered it was round.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.