[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the closest you've been to death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: death.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1200
What's the closest you've been to death?
>>
File: 1445363147285.jpg (979 KB, 1735x2325) Image search: [Google]
1445363147285.jpg
979 KB, 1735x2325
>>27189719
Car broke down in like -30 weather. Smoke filled the car. Could have died if I didn't have my phone. I frequent a 300 foot quarry. I got caught in mud in a lake once. I also almost got hit by a monster truck looking thing up at the lake as a kid
>>
>>27189719

>driving at night on a fast country lane
>on a straight with another corner at the end
>approaching the corner, doing probably 45mph
>see headlights on the road up ahead
>a car comes round the corner in the opposite direction
>already over the central line, cutting the corner/out of control, travelling very fast
>swerves to avoid me
>goes off the road, hits a crash barrier

If I'd been a couple of seconds earlier, we'd have collided straight on. As the driver, I would have been perfectly placed for the impact and likely killed. I was going reasonably fast, though slowing for the corner; the other car was going far too fast, well over the limit.

I remember the sound of the car impacting the barrier and the shit being flung in all directions. It was such a strange experience - I didn't really react in the moment; I didn't swerve or break, because I was just fixed to the spot.
>>
One day I didn't throw my piss bottles away so my mom didn't bring me chicken tendies. I'm lucky to be alive today.
>>
>>27189719
Well, I wasn't alive at all in any way for a very long time, until about ten months before I was born.
>>
Happened recently

>Meet a girl off of tinder
>Get to talking and exchanging pics and she wants me to come over and fuck her
>She lives like 70 miles away but fuck it I'm a virgin and wanted to have the sex
>While driving there my car loses control on the highway and I swerve into a concrete siding thing (don't know the exact name for them) on the side of the highway while going about 60 mph
>Car crashes, airbags deploy and seatbelt saves me
>Still a virgin

Not really close to death from the accident seeing as I had no injury but it could have been much worse
>>
>>27189719
I attempted suicide once but I was a fag who used pills because I didn't want to get my step dad in trouble by using his gun.
>>
When I was falling off a ledge, I landed a few inches short from cracking my head open on a steel lamp post.
>>
>>27190951
I had a great great (I am unsure here) grandpa who hung himself AND shot himself. Right where his wife would be able to see. I also had a relative up there die from being drunk and falling down the stairs.

So you know I come from good genetic stock.
>>
>>27191092
I'm just a retard millennial with low self control and even lower self esteem. If I ever kill myself I just want to inconvenience as few people as possible. Sorry about your shit tier ancestry though.
>>
>>27191119
I just think it is interesting, the different possibilities of suicide. Let me give you two situations. One is a guy who climbs up on top of a building, it is not high enough so he swan dives on his face. One girl swallows a bunch of pills and gets sent to the emergency room to get stomach pumped and possibly does in fact die. Can you really consider the two situations to be the same? They are both suicides, but one was determined and the other was half-assed. What is the differing psychology here? They both have depression, both do a suicide attempt. What accounts for that difference?

Anyways, in regards to my family, it's only like probably 1/16 of my ancestry so I think I am fine. My dad's side is a lot better.
>>
>>27189719
120 mg of oxy with no tolerance whatsoever to it. It was a lot for my first time. Heart almost slowed to a stop, and almost overdosed in the park, which also happens to be by the woods where coyotes and bears live and frequently roam at night
>>
I slit open my wrists on my college quad when the sun was rising.

I pussied out and alerted emergency services, but I was pretty sure that was going to be it for a few minutes.
>>
Been strangled to point of passing out twice. Been unconcious and had my head stamped on/ kicked. Had a large speaker smashed into the back of my head.
>>
File: 1373713755773.jpg (112 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1373713755773.jpg
112 KB, 960x1280
Yeah

>be me, hanging out with a few friends the summer after senior year
>we decide to go to a party
>our friend Emma says she found an address
>it's across the bridge, in Tacoma
>Tacoma's a hood and a half but we go anyway
>get in, literally hundreds of people all stuffed into one little house, music blaring and party roaring
>walk around and party for a while, seems reasonably chill
>....
>POP POP POP POP POP
>a chorus of screams ensues
>go with my first thought and DROP LOW
>duck down, leg it out the back, hop a fence
>a few other niggers hopped the fence too
>suddenly everything felt safe and the niggers that I hopped the fence with immediately accepted me (you know how they get)
>they all start nodding and murmuring about how "all da real niggas hop da fence cus we ain't boutta get shot"
>reconnect with friends and dip out of that shitshow
>>
almost drowned in a sewer as a kid
>>
>>27191317
kek.
Gross.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.