[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like calling the suicide hotline? Is it helpful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What's it like calling the suicide hotline? Is it helpful for short term emergencies? Would you guys recommend giving it a try?

My insurance doesn't cover therapy outside of my home state and I really need to talk to someone for a second.
>>
It should be helpful to talk to someone and they wont send cops or a paramedic if you dont want them to. They're not usually trained professionals though. A lot of volunteers from what i know so its not like ur getting that kind of help.
>>
File: 1457777273156.jpg (5 KB, 180x216) Image search: [Google]
1457777273156.jpg
5 KB, 180x216
>>27189364
>they wont send cops or a paramedic if you dont want them to.
>>
>>27189364
>they wont send cops or a paramedic if you dont want them to
Wait, they send cops? Shit, so I guess it is very past resort.

I know they're volunteers, but I just need someone to listen.
>>
>>27189386
I hear its a big reason why people don't call. They wont unless the situation really sounds dire. Like if you have a gun at your head at that very moment.
>>
i called once because i was curious, but a cute sounding female answered so i hung up
>>
>>27189468
She probably thought you died.
>>
>>27189421
Where are you and what's your coverage?
>>
>>27189364
if you say certain things they are required to call the authorities to you.
>>
>>27189676
I'm in NYC right now, my parents insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield New England. There's not a good amount of doctors around, so the psychologist appointments nearby cost around 400 bucks, and we can't handle that on a weekly basis.
>>
>>27189205
Don't say anything that says you have a plan to hurt yourself. At that point you pass the threshold where they have to notify the police. They're good if you have no one else to talk to, and a lot of them are great listeners. DESU they're a great resource if you're feeling like shit, but it won't get rid of your crippling depression.
>>
>>27189737
I don't really plan to hurt myself, but sometimes the voices get too much and I need to just talk to someone real.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll call soon, just chat with someone for a bit.
>>
They're a trap and you will get the popo at ur hoho if say something you shouldn't

See a psychiatrist if you want to unload your feelings. The hotlines are useless.
>>
I have worked at the cross. They have 24 hour nurses for non emergencies that many of our clients use. You have some options. Schools have free shrinks often.
>>
>>27189692
nope, only if you're threatening someone else's life
>>
>>27189813
Thanks, that's good to know. I went to my school's clinic today, but I could only schedule a walk in at the time, and she focused more on schoolwork than what I thought was really causing problems.

I'm going home soon, and I'll see my regular doctor then. I just wanted to know if I could talk to someone, if everything takes a turn for the worse.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.