[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the dreamcast the most robot console of all-time? Quickly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: dreamcast.png (212 KB, 650x419) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.png
212 KB, 650x419
Is the dreamcast the most robot console of all-time? Quickly looked over for more powerful consoles. Was weird and quirky and people looked at it, as if that was a negative. Only to be loved by people who could truly appreciate its beauty.
>>
>>27189183
No the 3DO is

Awkward looking, way too sure of itself and just didn't get it right. I had family who worked for 3DO and so have an emotional connection to it, all for naught. Ditto for my life

I hear ya about the dreamcast though
>>
>>27189331
It sure is no Phillips CD-I.
>>
The Vita is the modern robot console.

Barely anyone acknowledges it's existence and it has tons of weeb games full of waifus.
>>
>>27189635
I feel like someone would mention the Wii-U but I feel that the Wii-U is just a failed chad aka a normie. Also nintendo is gay.
>>
>>27189183
>Was weird and quirky and people looked at it, as if that was a negative.

No. I won't get into the reasons why because I'm tired, but this is incorrect and isn't the right board for the discussion. Go on /vr/ and ask you will get a good set of responses, but the basic gist will be the Dreamcast was a luxury system that was wanted but out of reach for most video gamers during the year lead it had on the PS2.

Nobody looked down at the Dreamcast. The idea people did is major revisionism through the glass of modern ideas about how people perceive technology
>>
>>27189733
Lol wut? The dreamcast was fucking cheap lol. It wasn't expensive like a ps3 or anything. It failed for a multitude of reasons, which I am familiar with. I just wish people appreciated it more so it could've had a longer lifespan.
>>
File: expand marco cancer.png (1 MB, 900x1716) Image search: [Google]
expand marco cancer.png
1 MB, 900x1716
>consoles
>>
>>27189183
>most robot
>loved by people who could truly appreciate its beauty
fuck no
>>
File: 1445634496317.png (139 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1445634496317.png
139 KB, 640x560
>>27189671
The Wii-U or The Gamecube is Nintendo's Dreamcast.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>Autism: the gaming system
>No redeeming qualities whatsoever
>Destined to be forgotten
>>
>>27191488
This one might actually be the most robot...
>>
File: Sixteen mega power.gif (309 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Sixteen mega power.gif
309 KB, 245x245
>>27191459
No. Don't compare SEGA to Nintendo ever again. When SEGA left the home consoles and went third party it was an end of an era.

Genesis is best.
>>
>>27189183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKXCZhA328A
It is the pinot noir.
>>
>>27192155
I was so happy he ended up fucking her eventually
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.