[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is oral posture? >dude bj lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 245x161) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 245x161
What is oral posture?
>dude bj lmao
>>
>>27187827
It seems like there's one or two guys who constantly make threads and posts ranting about oral posture, proper breathing, and a tough diet to ensure horizontal facial growth, essentially parroting Mike Mew.

I'm not one of the people who refuses to look into the tropic premise and instead sperg out about "it's genetic!!! muh genes!!!", I saw a /fa/ thread months ago and eventually watched hours of lectures and read the entire claimingpower site top to bottom. I agree that posture makes or breaks a face, it's interesting as hell.

Now fucking what? Whoever keeps posting these photos and making threads acts like there's something that can lift an adult maxilla right now, which would be great. Otherwise, this comes off as totally pointless regurgitating of information that barely helps anyone here.

Somebody recently bragged about changing their diet to include tough meat with the intent of shortening their face. If that's all their doing, the results will be minimal.

What's the fucking point of these threads?
>>
>>27188396
because you can still move the maxilla up and fowards as a young adult, it just takes years of dedication.

common opinion is that facial bone structure is literally 100% genetic, which has basically been disproven by mike mew
>>
>>27188443
True, I guess it's just impatience when I see so many people basically shouting from the rooftops that they have the answer, but their own results won't be seen for years.
>>
File: micrognathia1.jpg (48 KB, 545x513) Image search: [Google]
micrognathia1.jpg
48 KB, 545x513
What is micrognathia? I looked sinilar to this child when I was a baby and you are telling me it's because of my bad mouth posture while my mother breathes through her mouth and has perfect jaw line.
>>
Can someone please explain what this is about?
>>
>>27188584
exactly, tongue on roof of mouth, chew hard gum daily, nosebreath, posture thing for your back and lift weights.
>>
>>27188758
>my mother breathes through her mouth and has perfect jaw line.

this is mechanically impossible, you gotta drop your tongue to breathe through your mouth creating a downward force
>>
>>27188840
No, it's not. It's all about genetics. I fell into this mouth breathing meme and started believing I was breathing through my mouth and that caused my recessed chin and weak jawline with no cheekbones and generally weak facial bone structure while everyone in my family has normal bone structure.

I checked my pictures from childhood and I had recessed chin since I was a baby. So how do you explain this? I didn't use proper tongue posture when I was a baby?
>>
File: Gerbil-boy.jpg (312 KB, 1286x496) Image search: [Google]
Gerbil-boy.jpg
312 KB, 1286x496
>>27188899
(effects of mouth breathing on a kids face following complete nasal blockage)

>No, it's not. It's all about genetics.

if you're so sure about that why don't you debate Dr Mike Mew? I'm sure you'd come out on top
>>
>>27187827
>had strong jaw when I was 7
>by age 10 it was gone
>dentist tells me I have severe overjet

fuck
>>
Shouldn't every snorer have a recessed chin then?
>>
>>27189025

Fuck, I look just like that.

I am literally a human gerbil. Nobody wants to talk to me and no girl would ever want to sleep with me. I am desperately and hopelessly alone.
>>
>>27189462
yup, they usually do
>>
>>27189475
I know a guy with that face at work. He's 24 and married
>>
>>27189491

How are his teeth?

Who is he married to?

Is he happy?
>>
>>27189491
E N G L A N D
N
G
L
A
N
D

lads
>>
I can tell you boys that this is definitely not 100% genetic. I was a mouthbreather all my life, but I started to make a concerted effort to move my jaw forward and shut my mouth. Mouthbreathing is not what you are meant to do, and is a bad behavior. You were meant to keep your mouth closed, with your front teeth lined up/on top of each other. Force your mouth like this and you will notice your jawline improves dramatically, and it will become a habit.
>>
>>27189523
I've had mine closed for years. It has not helped at all.
>>
Due to many allergies and nasal issues, I've been a mouth breather for most of my life, yet my chin and jaw is too big if anything.

What's up with the that?
>>
>>27189523
If I do this my molars don't touch and I look like I'm making a face
>>
>>27189532
Maybe it's different for some people. For most it seems to help.
>>27189567
Mine either. Once you get more used to doing it, it looks natural like it should.
>>
>>27187827
Bro do NOT, I repeat DO NOT do this
It's a fucking meme.
I tried it for a month, not only did my mouth, jaw, and throat ache like a mother 24/7 every day, my teeth felt like they were being pushed outwards from the pressure of my tongue. Not to mention the mental strain and tediousness of having it remind yourself to keep your tongue in the proper place in your mouth. It's not worth it man, if you want a better jawline, just lose some weight.
>>
Did you people really not know that you're supposed to be a mouthbreather? My dentist told me about this like the first time I ever went.
>>
>>27189543
Can you post a pic? If not of you, at least of somebody with the same type of jaw and chin.

>>27189603
Your teeth just felt like they were being pushed, or was your tongue actually in contact with them?

>if you want a better jawline, just lose some weight
I actually did this a few years ago, though I knew nothing about jawlines and all that so it was just to 'look better'. 50-60 pounds lost later and I was confused about why I still looked bad. My jawline was shit because it was recessed, which might be why some people supposedly "look better fat". I'm not saying I looked better fat, it was gross and losing the weight was an improvement, but some people seem to be able to hide their bad aesthetics when overweight.
>>
>>27189888
No my tongue was in constant contact with my teeth, and because of the pressure I was putting on it to keep it on the roof of my mouth it was pushing my teeth out
Hands down one of the worst feelings I've ever had.
>>
>>27189973
Do you have a narrow palate? I'm pretty sure that's the cause of not being able to comfortably get the tongue up.
>>
what the fuck, this is a thing? i thought everyone's tongue sits on the roof of their mouth? wow
>>
>>27189995
mine is so narrow when I bite sliced bread the bite mark looks like a rectangle more than an arch
>>
>>27189475
I'm a girl who looks like that. Wanna get married?
>>
>>27191472
You 2 should get married and have kids, then we'll know once and for all if it's genetic or not
>>
>>27191495
they will be raised under the religion of mew
>>
>>27191495
Of course it is, kids always look like their parents. Also our kids will be fucked up with anxiety, poor guy will probably be suicidal.
>>
>>27189025
You mewing tards. Mike Mew is a fraud. Literally no scientist aside from Mew supports his bullshit and everyone thinks he is full of shit.
>>
>>27188443
>because you can still move the maxilla up and fowards as a young adult, it just takes years of dedication.

There is literally no proof of this. Mike Mew has been asked to present proof to his bullshit claims many times and he always responds with some bullshit like "well I'm better looking now when I was ten years and and muh nurses." The guy is a fraud.
>>
>>27191848
>"well I'm better looking now when I was ten years and and muh nurses"
Yeah, he has really wide jaws now but doesn't seem to have the other attractive features, so he kind of looks ridiculous.
>>
>>27188396
Retards are trying to motivate themselves and others into their pseudo-science nonsense

They literally think chewing gum is going to have the same results as someone getting some corrective dental procedure.

Insecurity SELLS and it sells a a lot. You can make some real money by getting plastic surgery and claiming you used 1 cool new trick to make yourself more attractive. The only thing that sells better is penis growth tablets.
>>
>>27189523
Post pics ti prove it
>>
>>27187827
I have a long face but my chon is strong and my nose is straight as can be, Mew is full of bullshit.

Also long faces can be attractives just as much as other face shapes.
>>
>>27194297
>Also long faces can be attractives just as much as other face shapes.
Brad Pitt would drop a few points if he had the structure of Ryan Gosling. Long faces can be attractive, but it's not like they're solely attractive for that reason.

Also, those girls in the OP have nearly the same nose. #1's face being so receded makes it look a lot different. It seems like the main concern people have is their nose looking huge, not if it's straight. (shouldn't most noses be straight, anyway?)
>>
>>27196012
No one is attractive for his facial strcture alone.
>>
>>27196064
Maybe not, but the ideal (square) structure that Mew talks about would mean a good jawline, prominent cheekbones that make "predator" eyes, naturally straight teeth, etc.. Even if a person had shit-tier brown eyes or something, they would probably be elevated with a short, wide, square facial structure that promotes the features I listed above. An oval or triangular face is a lot less likely to have those redeeming features to it.

Everyone on here who posts photos of themselves and complains about being a jawlet has a long face, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>27196242
>tfw no hunter eyes or even hooded eyes

who /bugeyed/ here?
>>
>>27196242
Even if we accept that facial posture is the key we would also have to accept that it makes almost no difference in adults. Even Mew himself admits mewing takes like 10 years to work and even the results are marginal at best.
>>
>>27196242
No i wouln't, for example monkey face has a short face
>>
>>27196796
I agree. I'm impatiently waiting for a real solution to even be talked about or hinted at, and it's clear that Mike doesn't really know what to do. Maybe some of the other doctors he meets up with will find something, but chewing gum and all that for a decade isn't worth the strain for the expected results.

>>27197292
Your posts are hard to understand. I guess you mean Mike has a short face? There's a chance he looks weird because he's manipulated individual parts of his face over the years without the maxilla moving. Who knows, since I don't think he's shared many photos of what he looked like 10 years ago before he started doing whatever.

I'm not saying everyone with a short/square face is hot, my point is the features associated with beauty like eyes, cheekbones, jawline, and small nose will show up on somebody whose maxilla is up and forwards. If it's up and forwards, that means their face grew out instead of down, meaning their face will be shorter.

Again, I don't know what Mike's done to himself over the years, but I think his wide jaws look nice even if there's not a lot of other improvements. I see no reason why he won't age a lot better than his father, whose face is extremely narrow and long.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.