[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get all the millennial hate >baby boomers born
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: saitamasamasanchansenpai.jpg (201 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
saitamasamasanchansenpai.jpg
201 KB, 780x718
I don't get all the millennial hate

>baby boomers born after World War II
>literally the whole world was fucked except for America
>there was no way they COULDN'T succeed
>most could pay their college tuition on a summer job
>if they got a degree, they got a job, regardless of what it was in

>millennials coming to age after a series of economic collapses
>massively rising college bills and lots of student loans
>zero promises for careers after graduation

so why do they call millennials lazy? Why don't they see that millennials just got kind of fucked over?
>>
>>27183769
it's just contrarianism, anon
>>
>>27183769

Millennials actually work longer hours than any other generation.

Also earn less and have nonexistent assets
>>
juvenoia (uncountable)

(neologism) The fear or hostility directed by an older generation toward a younger one, or toward youth culture in general.
>>
>>27183904
>Millennials actually work longer hours than any other generation.
I read about this. Our generation makes works like 12.5 hours more on average than boomers did well making almost 10k less per year.
>>
>>27184488
Meant 12.5 more hours per week. I personally work 5 10 and half hour days per week I don't know about you guys.
>>
>>27183769
They can't understand it, OP. Life was easy for them and just assume it still is for everyone.

Some of the wiser boomers catch on and understand. They're the ones who sympathise. But they won't help you because they're the ones who also recognise the world is in shit and that their pension will be stripped from them. So they are very much willing to take your job from you.
>>
>>27183769
Because they are.
They spend too much time and money on stupid technology.
Video games, social networks. Millenials are lazy, they just won't admit it. They procrastinate all day instead of studying.
>>
>>27183769
>massively rising college bills and lots of student loans
... as a result of choices they made. If somebody takes out 6 figures in loans for an english degree, that's their fault and their fault alone. I didn't make them, their parents didn't make them, boomers didn't make them.
>>
>>27184536
>Video games, social networks. Millenials are lazy, they just won't admit it. They procrastinate all day instead of studying.

What caused it? That shit doesn't just pop out of nowhere. I feel like those are symptoms of something else, not the cause.
>>
>>27184579

Why do I feel like if we went back and took a look at what stupid shit you did at age 18 with a magnifying glass all we'd get is a lot of blubblering about "uh well uh it's complicated"?

Fuck off you sanctimonious faggot.
>>
>>27184673
At 18? The usual 18 year old stuff: sex, booze, and weed. But also getting an internship straight out of high school because I A) took a class with a practical use (drafting), B) networked with my teacher and senior project mentor, and C) actively sought a job instead of whining about how a job offer didn't magically appear in my inbox and laughing at Tumblr memes about college debt.
>>
>>27184579
Bullshit. My friend did CS and works as runner giving people coffee while paying off loans because the only jobs available are low paying high hour jobs that would kill him. He admits that going to the college was the biggest mistake he made in his life. Now he's stuck in debt and living with his Dad.
>>
>>27183769
>>literally the whole world was fucked except for America

>believing literal propaganda
>>
>>27184824
>CS
Meme major with saturated workforce of people who wanted to make games for a living.

>He admits that going to the college was the biggest mistake he made in his life
He's not wrong. I'm not saying everybody must go to college. In fact, I'm saying the opposite. If your plan is to take out more loans than you'll likely be able to repay, college is a shitty plan. Pick a trade. Either way, again, his decision. Not mine, his parents, or boomers.
>>
File: 1457842677178.jpg (7 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1457842677178.jpg
7 KB, 245x250
>boomers outsource millions of jobs and import millions of immigrants
>complain when we have difficulty finding work
god damn you old fucks
>>
Millennial covers a large and varied group of people . it also includes people currently in their early 20 and late teens. People in that age group are generally lazy and shitty. They'll grow up eventually and we'll be complaining about kids again in a few years.
>>
>>27185359
>FUCKING MILLENIALS YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING I HAD TO WALK TO SCHOOL UPHILL BOTH WAYS MY UNION FACTORY JOB ONLY PAID 60/K A YEAR, I HAD TO WAIT TIL I WAS 50 TO RETIRE I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>27185144
>it's not useful unless I think it is
Fuck you.
>>
>>27184536
Psych major here. Procrastination rises with anxiety and depression.
>>
>>27184579
>English degrees are bad
Hello, Reddit!
>>
>>27184536
You do realise radio and television were technology once, right?
>>
File: 1457474521550.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1457474521550.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>27184579
>be baby boomer
>drop out of HS
>get a nice entry level corporate job because of your determined and firm handshake
>inflate school tuition
>create a degree culture and academic inflation
>create HR
>expect the next generation to have a masters and 5 years of experience for the same job
>open borders to all sorts of shitskins that will work for shit wages and in shit conditions
>push your kids to go to uni as soon as they turn 5
>''well, that was your choice anon''
>>
>>27185850

I honestly can't even read these threads and I have to actively avoid the subject because this makes my fucking blood boil and squirt out my eyes desu
>>
File: costofliving1938.jpg (111 KB, 598x811) Image search: [Google]
costofliving1938.jpg
111 KB, 598x811
it is bullshit.
>>
File: Debt-and-GDP-1-15-2016.jpg (62 KB, 636x446) Image search: [Google]
Debt-and-GDP-1-15-2016.jpg
62 KB, 636x446
so very bullshit.
>>
File: Total-Credit-Percent-of-GDP.png (278 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
Total-Credit-Percent-of-GDP.png
278 KB, 800x595
just stop making excuses and accept this asinine reality for what it is.
>>
File: tgcc_pyramid.jpg (80 KB, 593x531) Image search: [Google]
tgcc_pyramid.jpg
80 KB, 593x531
this image maps out most of it.
>>
>>27185930
Price of a new house was just over double the average income?

It's about 15x the average income now.
>>
File: cryptovsfiat.png (194 KB, 660x393) Image search: [Google]
cryptovsfiat.png
194 KB, 660x393
and finally, the reason why crypto will gain massive appreciation over the next few years.

this is the saving grace of our age. if you want to make money, hold this and dump it in a year or two https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/ppcusd

literally my ticket out of this bullshit society.

good luck fellow brobots.
>>
its generalizations.

But really every generation thinks the current one is lazy and all that shit.

Of course the people who have all the wealth and power (boomers) see everything as being easy and accessible, they have the money for all that shit.
So many boomers are so disconnected from what the world is like these days, they tell you dumb shit like "go work for google"
I live in Canada, and it feels so fucking hopeless at times.
the average home in Canada is now over 500k !
>but anon if you remove BC and Ontario, the average drops down to mid 200s
Yeah thats great, but ontario + BC represent about half the canadian population
Am I supposed to move out east where there are no jobs ? or maybe to the oil fields ?
wages have pretty much stagnated and are not going anywhere.
Only the rich are getting richer, everyone else is left fighting for scraps.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/millennials-money-canada-generation-1.3462064
A story like this only highlights that, the rich today are richer than the rich in the past, the average is going up, the median has flat lined like some DOA patient.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.