[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A sorcerer will turn you into a 10/10 cute girl so you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 4k2.jpg (208 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4k2.jpg
208 KB, 1024x768
>A sorcerer will turn you into a 10/10 cute girl so you can live your life on easy mode, but the catch is in exactly 20 years from now you will be brutally raped and beaten for an hour and will then die from brain hemorrhaging

>You will also be magically unable to commit suicide before then

Do you accept?
>>
>>27183604

n0000000000000000

fuck helo no
>>
No because I'm tall and handsome so I have life on easy mode already.
>>
How would the people around me react? I mean its pretty strange for someone to magically change gender
>>
>get a free pass to live my life to its full potential for 20 years
>only have to suffer one rape 20 years later.

I'd take it
>>
>>27183654

>How would the people around me react? I mean its pretty strange for someone to magically change gender

They'll accept it without questioning it just like people accept all the impossible shit that happens in dreams without questioning it most of the time.
>>
Unfortunately no. If I survived maybe.
>>
>not saying yes
get the fuck out of here normies
>>
>>27183680
I want to live forever. I'll wait for science to make me into a robot so I can be the little girl, before I accept magic that kills me in 20 years.
>>
>>27183656
>20 years from now you will be brutally raped and beaten for an hour and will then die from brain hemorrhaging
you don't only suffer rape
>>
>>27183668
Then sure, why not im a sick fuck as of now and i might end up liking the murder rape.
>>
>>27183728

That's a good point, what if you accept and then a couple months later the technological singularity happens and everyone gets the ability to download their brains into cute girl bodies? And then you're still stuck getting brutally beaten and raped to death 20 years later while everyone else lives forever as immortal lesbian qts?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 501x445
>>27183604
No because i already have money, so my life is pretty much in very easy mode
>>
>>27183728
>chance of living life on halo mode
>people wanting to help you no matter what you decide to do with your life
you could do more in 20 years as a 10/10 cutie then a betacuck would accomplish in a 100
>>
>>27183830

Truth. If a 10/10 cutie wanted to she could probably get multiple random innocent men sentenced to death just by casually lying about being raped by them. You'd also be able to get most jobs by impressing the interviewer with how pretty you look and would never have to pay for anything ever. Could also make shitloads of cash just by letting people see you through your webcam and taking their donation money.
>>
>>27183830
I don't want to accomplish anything. I want to live. I want to witness the Andromeda galaxy collide with the milky way. I want to meet aliens and go to war with them. I want to have a robot waifu. I want to become god of a virtual realm. None of this will happen in a hundred years. None of this will happen in 20 years. I won't get to witness the future if I die. And if I live I can become a qt through technology instead of magic. So fuck your plan.
>>
>>27183604
>20 years from now you will be brutally raped
Absolutely. Knowing females, I would probably enjoy it.
>>
>>27183891

>I want to witness the Andromeda galaxy collide with the milky way

You can do this today just by downloading a space simulator like space engine and speeding up the time.

>I want to meet aliens and go to war with them

Another thing you can do on a computer today. Or with psychedelic drugs if you want to meet an alien intelligence that isn't being controlled by another human.

>I want to become god of a virtual realm.

Computer / drugs.
>>
>>27183926
yeah cause I can definitely use more senses than hearing and sight to do those things. Talk to me when we have full dive vr.
>(probably not for over 20 years)
I'm already an escapist but you cannot deny that our technology is imperfect when it comes to experiencing things. At least not without being fucking retarded.
>>
>>27183994

>more senses than hearing and sight

The other senses are shit anyway. It's not like you're going to smell space and tactile sensation is for stupid animals.
>>
>>27184014
I like modern video games. But fuck off you don't get me. its about IMMERSION. something that is impossible with today's tech.
>>
>>27183994

>our technology is imperfect

Sorry for the double-post, but also fuck you for writing that. I have no idea how you could be that ungrateful. Our technology is the nothing short of miraculous. Brilliant human beings have pieced together how to harness the same electricity that lights up the skies during storms and put it to use to provide stable and constant energy for a globally scaled interconnected communication system where our ideas are transmitted and reproduced as moving images on crystal screens.
>>
>>27183604
>die from brain hemorrhaging
if this part was not there i would totally do it fuck yeah
>>
>>27184051

>IMMERSION

Literally just take drugs before using the technology we have available today.
>>
>>27184100
I said technology is great. But we can imagine it to be greater. Yes I'm a greedy hedonistic fuck. I want to witness the future without necessarily contributing as I've already said. but if you seriously think that watching a simulation on a screen with a limited resolution, is anything in comparison to going outside and seeing a second galaxy in the sky then I don't know what to say to convince you. If you seriously think that holding a controller or typing on a keyboard is anything close to full on simulated warfare, sword in hand full dive battle, then I can't convince you. If you think I'm not interested in what actually exists n the universe as opposed to what artists THINK exists, Then I can't convince you. But don't tell me I'm wrong. Call me selfish but I'm not wrong.
>>
File: 1454003144469.jpg (68 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1454003144469.jpg
68 KB, 409x409
I'm 30 and will probably die within the next 20 years so why not? If nothing else a set death date will help me disregard the longterm and face my fears.
>>
>>27184256

See this though:

>>27184144

You ARE wrong because even if I concede there are small, irrelevant, but nonetheless real differences between technological simulations as they exist today and the hypothetical experience of actually travelling in an interstellar spacecraft, all of those gaps can be bridges AND THEN SOME with the assistance of psychoactive drugs.

Ultimately, all the experiences you seek will be mediated through your brain, so by manipulating your brain directly you can reproduce more fantastical experiences than technology will ever be able to create for you to interact with as a sober person.
>>
>>27184329

*bridged
>>
>>27184329
Yeah I could also learn to lucid dream. I can make a tulpa to feel like I have a gf. I'm interested in technology.
I'm fucking straight edge dude.
I'm also interested in NOT DYING IN 20 YEARS. There's literally no fucking point in getting magically turned into a girl to die when I can wait and witness new improved technology LIKE I WANT. I don't give a shit if I can trick my brain now into experiencing things that'll happen in the future. I still don't want to die. I don't even get what you are trying to convince me of. Cause getting drugged up and playing video games sure has no bearing on whether its better to accept this wizard shit.
>>
>>27184432

>straight edge

Why? Drugs are a form of technology too.

>trick

>getting drugged up and playing video games sure has no bearing on whether its better to accept this wizard shit

I know, I'm not trying to relate this to the magical scenario in the op. I'm arguing the point about drugs for its own sake.
>>
>>27184494

I was going to make a comment about the "trick" wording you used but left it out in my last post. RE: calling drugs a "trick," they're not any more a trick than using a fully immersive VR machine would be.
>>
>>27184494
Well I just don't want to do drugs. Alcohol is bitter. Second hand smoke burns. Stoned people look stupid. Drunk people look stupid.

>>27184513
Yeah it's true that full dive would do that. It would be more controlled than ingesting chemicals. but yeah. I don't just want full dive though. I also want mind uploading. If I exist in the virtual world then the virtual world is real even if it's fake. More real than a delusion I have in meatspace at least.
>>
>>27183891
You're acting like SAO in the future is a guarantee. In this hypothetical the only certainty is that if you say yes you can be a 10/10 cutie for 20 years. You're throwing away something for a small chance of something else.
>>
>>27184694
I'm throwing away guaranteed death in order to continue living as long as possible. The future is happening whether I'm predicting it right or not. I'm still likely to live for more than 20 more years.
>>
>>27184560

You probably shouldn't group all psychoactive substances together under the same umbrella of "drugs" like that. You've made some blanket statements about two drugs (ethanol and cannabis), and even if we accept those statements as true for their respective drugs, that still leaves a massive universe of largely unrelated other drugs that don't have any more in common with those aforementioned two than a playstation would have with a toaster oven.

That said I personally happen to hate alcohol. I think it's one of the shittiest drugs there is. Very boring and it actually makes me feel worse rather than better at this point in my life as of the last time I tried drinking a few times (surprisingly keeps me from falling asleep which is extremely annoying to me).

Anyway, for someone interested in neat futurist / technological hedonist stuff I think you should give a more serious look at the options you have available with recreational psychoactive substances you can purchase from the plain / non-tor internet. We're arguably in a golden age for that sort of thing.
>>
>>27184869
Personally I reject drugs because of school brainwashing. I reject them cause I don't want to spend money. I reject them Cause I don't want to overdose. I reject them cause I don't want to be addicted. I reject them because I don't want to change my state of mind chemically for an indeterminate amount of time. I reject them because they are mostly illegal. I reject them cause I'm a boring loser who takes no risks.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.