[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats all this thing about having sex and bf/gf? Why is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1452638172774.jpg (23 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
1452638172774.jpg
23 KB, 299x300
Whats all this thing about having sex and bf/gf?
Why is there so much focus on this?
There is so much more in this existence to explore and to know.
Those primitive things will come eventually,just like death.
>>
someone finally said it
>>
File: Spirituality.png (459 KB, 625x556) Image search: [Google]
Spirituality.png
459 KB, 625x556
>that feel when you fell for the meme
>>
>>27183467
My goal in life is to survive and witness interesting events in the future. I want a gf to be my companion throughout this universe's lifespan. I'm fine with or without it but its a positive to have a gf not a negative.
>>
>>27183467

I thought I was the only who thought this way in here but I'm glad not OP.

Fuck getting a g/f or trying to out-Chad Chad, I just want to continue to travel, see the world and experience as much of this plane as I can.

but I'm stuck as a poorfag semi-neet
>>
>>27183467
While I totally agree with you.

I feel this knawing at the back of my head when I'm around people that when I make a joke someone will undercut me for being a virgin or I'll randomly get asked about my last gf or suddenly the topic will be sex and I'll just be sitting there with nothing to say.

I don't give a fuck about sex or girls at all, I just wanna stop living in fear of being pathetic.
>>
you're in r9k
the shithole of the internet
and the meeting place for normalfags everywhere
And we all know normalfags don't really care for anything besides money, social status and, of course, sex
>>
>>27183467
>Those primitive things will come eventually
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>27183467
have you ever had sex?

shit feels bretty amazing famalam
>>
I don't get it. I plan to do bjj five days a week, make good money, read all the books I can, and I still don't feel satisfied
>>
>>27184969
I imagine he meant "the things that are actually important will be known inevitably"
>>
>Those primitive things will come to an end eventually,just like death.

True enough. So will the desire to explore those things you hint at (but don't describe).

Funny thing about Nirvana. It means "extinguishment". The Buddha's actual goal was to escape the cycle of rebirth. His goal was to end all experiences, not live life to its fullest but to accomplish its cessation. The Buddha desired Eternal Death.

>Why is there so much focus on this?

Because the posters here, even the disgusting, unwanted ones such as myself, are human. As such, they desire what humans desire. The experience of sexual affection is one of those.

Some like myself will never experience the fulfillment of that very basic human desire. And that hurts. Fortunately for the vast, vast majority of posters on this thread, they will not share my fate. They are young, and think their current status is eternal. Statistically speaking it won't be. Sure, a tiny minority will end up like me. And may God show them the mercy Nature hasn't.
>>27184487
>I don't give a fuck about sex or girls at all, I just wanna stop living in fear of being pathetic.

This is the lament of a virgin who is very young. If I ever resented my virginity for this reason, it was a very long time ago and time has robbed me of the ability to recall it.

Human beings don't desire sexual affection and experience because of peer pressure. No one cares whether I have sex other than myself. Human beings desire these things because this is the human condition.

A human estranged from his humanity grows sick. If one lets guard down, this sickness can make one mean. It's a short trip from one of Mother' Nature's freaks to one of Her monsters.

I suppose I could adopt the spiritual lifestyle. I could try and give myself to God. But let's be honest. Why would God want me? No one else does.
>>
>>27185478
You are God and you are that which you are searching for. The running around is what makes you miss it. All other spirituality is just garbage and helps you start running around in a circle.
>>
>>27185575
>You are God and you are that which you are searching for.

A god of nothing is not a god I'd ever be inclined to worship. If I were God, I would become the most vocal blasphemer ever to utter a curse. I would smash every idol that bore my likeness because, like all human beings, I despise ugliness.

But in all seriousness, I kind of get what you're driving at. I just can't fall into that solipsistic nonsense. No man is sufficient unto himself. That's just not what human beings are. I don't know whether there is actually a God. However, I have strong suspicion that if one exists, I am not that God.

The Buddha was raised as a Hindu and was taught he could himself become like unto the divine. Subsequent to his meditations, he found that his essence was not divine. Rather, his essence was Emptiness.

I don't want to be a god. I just want to be human. Sadly, pretending I am the former to escape the hurt I feel as the latter isn't going to work for me.

In a strange sense I'm grateful for that. Painful truth seems far more dignified than a comforting lie.
>>
>>27185739
It's not escapism if you actually realize it, not reading books and going "I'm God, I'm God, nothing matters". Spirituality is escapism because every unintegrated aspect becomes another thing to fill yourself up with. Whatever you are, you are, so when you relax and stop trying to escape, then you can expand.

For example, all of /r9k/'s talk of lifting and self improvement is just playing the "I am a loser" game because it's compensation and is an attempt at escaping.

Just like if you can't talk to women, that's how it is. You can never experience talking to them naturally if you are trying to change your former perspective with shit like trying to convince yourself it's not a big deal or studying how to do it "right", it's all a game.
>>
>>27185976
>It's not escapism if you actually realize it

I'm having a difficult time pinning down what you mean by God in this sort of context.

But I get your general point. I should accept that fact I am a radically unwanted human being. Free of such hurts, I can "expand".

Thing of it is, that's not how human beings actually work. I can suffer wounds and claim that I accept them, sure. But that won't stop the bleeding. And the bleeding will make one weak and sick, no matter how loudly one proclaims the wound doesn't really matter.

I know this isn't your intention, but this rhetoric irritates me a little. It reminds me of that school of feminism that is grows hateful and angry when men like me resent our late virginity. We are not entitled to normal sexual experiences, and so we have no right to the hurt we feel in its absence. Rather, we are just to except it with a gladness and a benign (read: insipid and drooling) smile on our faces. Then we can fulfill our roll: as vermin relegated to the dark and nasty places. After all, vermin that knows its place is happy vermin.

No, I have not right to sex. I am "entitled" to nothing (no one is, and that includes life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...but that's a different discussion for a different thread).

I would rather die an animal screaming authentically in the throes of its pain than some "god" smiling blissfully as it bleeds out in a gutter somewhere.

A halo is a trick of the eyes, "godhood" a trick of the mind.

I have no desire for tricks. I am far too honest.
>>
>>27186423
By God I mean that all is one - everything and everyone is just "the one". If "I am God!" is only an idea, you will use it to escape from your pain or use it to make yourself feel grandiose. If you know yourself as everything, then what would there be to escape or be proud about? You're also your pain.

Do you mean wounds like a physical cut? Acceptance isn't a band aid - most people turn acceptance into something else like "Just say yes :)" as if it's putting a positive spin on things.

Oh no, it's nothing like forcing yourself to be happy or satisfied with how you feel. You are resentful because people don't want to bang you - there's nothing wrong with it. Do you see how the tendency is for yourself or others to invalidate how you feel by saying "You're not entitled to anything!" or "You can cope without sex". That or someone like a counselor would pity you for viewing things that way.

Since you view things in that way, can you see how it's true? Things like you're not good enough and ugly and women are whores, can you see those are true from that perspective? When you're in that perspective, you can never prove it wrong, so just admit it's all true, then you can relax. It has nothing to do with changing how you feel or coping or being happy or being in a state other than what you're in.
>>
>Those primitive things will come eventually, just like death.

No, things absolutely do not just "come eventually".

>Whats all this thing about having sex and bf/gf?
>Why is there so much focus on this?

You said it yourself. It's a primitive desire, hardwired into the brain.
>>
>>27186423
What I'm getting at is that when you're fighting an idea, you are always a slave to it. The people who you envy are able to do things because they are not engaged in the fight of "I can/I hope I can/I cannot".

For example, do you need to convince yourself you can walk? Do you "succeed" or "fail" at walking? There's no fighting going on with that.
>>
Sex is social validation. By itself its just another drug. But in a social context its used to gauge competence/standing.
>>
>>27187104
Social validation is pretty much just self validation. Society's opinion of you wouldn't matter one bit if you weren't insecure - and I don't mean PUA bodybuilder "confident".
>>
>>27185058

>I don't get it. I plan to do bjj five days a week, make good money, read all the books I can, and I still don't feel satisfied

And thats just it. Satisfaction is ephemeral, when it finally shows itself it doesnt stay long.

Even the most desperate virgins on here, if they got gfs and started having daily sex after a few months they would take it for granted and begin to feel empty again.
>>
>>27186910
>By god I mean all is one

tips headband
>>
>>27187177
not to the extent you think though. Many people use sex as a ranking heuristic. So say your in a friend group, chances are some of those people are subconsciously thinking, "hey anon doesnt ever have sex, he must be less of an alpha than Chad Thundercock over here" This assumes you GAF about social standing, but that's pretty hardwired into our brains.
>>
>>27187341
Wired from conditioning, not existentially so. That's the only reason anybody ever thinks that - we've been told we're in competition and we are bigger/better when we have and do more.
>>
>>27183467
>Those primitive things will come eventually,just like death.
Except not always. Several people die as virgins.
>>
The redpill on sex is that you only want it because you can't / haven't proved your competence in any other way(s).

When I'm on a roll (going to the gym every day, sleeping right, an animal at work and play, feeling basically like Chad) I don't care about whether I'm having sex or not, because everything is so awesome anyway.

Of course, when my life is going well, girls start hitting on me which is nice, but the point is that feeling DESPERATE for sex is a result of neediness.

It's very different feeling from simply WANTING and DESIRING sex. Sure when I'm feeling good and healthy too (which leads to a hire sex drive) I WANT sex, but it's a different kind of desire. It's a sheer physical hunger, rather than an emotional desire for validation from the world.

tl;dr when I feel good I just wanna fuck, when I feel like shit I want to be with a chick to feel better about myself. They might seem similar but they are actually very different.
>>
>>27187541
I know I contradicted myself there but fuck it you know what I mean, when you feel good you want sex but the narrative in your mind is different, it's more like HOLY SHIT MY COCK IS SO HARD BOY CHECK OUT THAT ASS OVER THERE LOOK AT DEM TITTIES FUCK rather than

bloo bloo im so ronery why does everyone else have a girl i wish i had a gf that feel

Basically when you are feeling good you want sex, when you feel like shit you want to not be not having sex

If you know what I mean
>>
>>27186910
>and women are whores,

I'm enjoying our discussion, but I'd rather you address me as man rather than as a meme.

It's funny that your perspective is very Hindu in some senses. Evil is evil, good is good. Don't resist that which is, and only in this sense can you escape the cruelties of Samsara. Not because Samsara is any less cruel, but because you recognize your inevitable place within it.

I'm familiar with the philosophy. But it's just not pragmatic. It doesn't work for people. As an ideal, it's great. That's why the Vedantists elevated it into a philosophy. But the same yogis who swear by this philosophy sustain it by drugging themselves with hash. The Mysteries of the East are far more believable when obscured in a cloud of intoxicating smoke.

>You're also your pain.

And this is my problem with the monism at the heart of your philosophy. The Hindu philosophy as well. In a materialist sense, all is physical, I am an aspect of that physical One. In an abstract sense, this is all well and good.

But this is not representative of the human experience. And a human's philosophy must be humane. Otherwise it isn't authentic to that experience and has nothing to say about it. I may be connected to all that is, and consequently identical to it, but that is not my experience. It is not yours either. We are both human beings. I am a failed one, but I am still human.

I am not a god. I am not my pain. I am the one who experiences that pain. That is my experience, and the experience of all human beings. Any philosophy that has any worth must speak to those fundamental experiences.

What can I say? I'm an unrepentant Westerner.
>>
It's not sex that I want, it's love. A basic human need. I can - and do - extinguish the desire for that, but it's not possible to stamp out the embers of it, the NEED for it. It will indeed come to me, in time, but some days it's hard to keep those embers as embers.

But I don't fill this board with my complaints, and I think you're right that people are too focused on sex and a significant other.
>>
>>27187702
I meant "women are whores" in the sense of women hatred, as in it's fine if you hate them.

I think you're confusing this with a religion or a particular strain of spirituality. What I'm getting at is spirituality through any path is a trap itself because once again you are looking to escape - before you looked to the material world for salvation and now you're looking to some other world or Nirvana or whatever.

Philosophy means you can write elaborate concepts and have debates about something. "I think the meaning of life is xyz" and so on. There's nothing to believe in, you just have to see the futility of the attempt to get anywhere or become somebody.

There is that feeling of me and the pain, but ultimately you don't really experience the separation - your experience is everything, as nothing can be perceived without you there. Since in that view fighting the pain is literally fighting yourself, you can never ever escape that way.
>>
>>27183603
Your skeptical replies only reveal the low density of your vibration.
>>
>>27188075
I'm the one typing all the long posts. I spent years trying everything to improve/change/enlighten myself and it was all futile. It's a futile game. The very attempt to change is playing the game. This is why the same seminars have the same people who have been going for years; why the same people seek their whole lives and don't find.

If you spend all your time in a state of stress and striving, you won't get to a place of relaxation. Giving up the fight is the only thing that will ever get you anywhere.
>>
>>27188144
You are simply in a low vibration perspective your focus and attention are occupied, you have to allow your density to raise to sufficient level.
>>
File: 1416326978464.jpg (26 KB, 237x307) Image search: [Google]
1416326978464.jpg
26 KB, 237x307
>>27187588

dw i understand
>>
>>27188263
HAHA nice image, can i save it?
>>
>>27188242
Fighting and trying is the low vibration at work. Was your post in agreement or disagreement?
>>
>>27188306
Follow your heart anon, i can explain no more then i know. The master shall arrive only when the student is ready.
>>
>>27188263
>tfw I do exactly whats described in that image

Am I alone?
>>
>>27188349
In a sense, yes anon, ypu are alone. But on a grander scale no. We are as we are nothing more. You only experience what you attract through your intentions.
>>
>>27188285
keep it, it's all yours my friend! :)
>>
>>27188416
How much do you "intend" on things happening and they don't? Same with affirmations "I am rich, I am healthy ommmm" - it's garbage.
>>
>>27188482
You are like a cup, filled with your own tea. How can i add more tea to a full cup? Empty yourself and the world will be full of self. The illusion of reality as perspective is what keeps us in our situation. Good luck anon.
>>
>>27188453
Glad you could join us tonight.
>>
>>27184969
He means everyone will have sex eventually because he is a normalfag and cannot imagine anyone different enough from him that sex is not an inevitability for them.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.