[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What anime are you watching today, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: 1434148155832.jpg (623 KB, 2500x2380) Image search: [Google]
1434148155832.jpg
623 KB, 2500x2380
What anime are you watching today, anon?
>>
File: 306739.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
306739.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
>>27179133
Just rewatched redline
do you ever have a problem where you have so many anime series that you don't actually know what to watch, and end up watching nothing?
>>
Been stuck not watching anything, so i might try to catch up on Gintama today...
>>
Currently powering though "Kodomo no Jikan" because I want it off my hard drive as soon as possible
>>
Princess Jellyfish

Someone on /a/ told me to go watch the first episode without looking anything up about it and I don't regret it
>>
Finnaly got around to watching eureka 7 ao. I got 6 episodes in and decided it sucked to much to continue. Sucks cause eureka 7 is one of my favorites
>>
Haven't watched anime in like three weeks. It doesn't bring me pleasure.
>>
MONSTER
U
S
U
M
E

uncensored
>>
>>27179267

I like watching anime, but I have severe anxiety and whenever I'm watching anime I think "I'm enjoying this, but it'd be really easy for me to be miserable if I just thought about all these terrible things" and start getting all kinds of intrusive thoughts that make me feel terrible.

Feels fucking awful.
>>
>>27179310
you should just get shitfaced when watching it then like the pros do it
>>
>>27179335

I can't drink, I have a stomach ulcer.

At least I'm not dead I guess.
>>
Who am I going to kiss?
>>
>>27179356
That sounds like a personal problem anon. The dead part I mean.
>>
>>27179390

I'm not the type to an hero. There's always hope for the future.
>>
>>27179409
Thats a good way to think about it. Sounds like you should do something that moves your life forward before you can enjoy yourself with your hobbies again.

I recently got a job 3 days of the week, so whenever I'm just sitting here shitposting I remember that I'm making enough to live on my own. It makes me feel better about wasting my life.
>>
>>27179133
downloading all of dragon ball so I can binge watch it all tomorrow.
>>
>>27179476

>Thats a good way to think about it

Right, but I don't think it's a choice. It's not entirely fair to belittle people who want to an hero as illogical. Some people were just born with a personality that is extremely robust, some aren't. It has nothing to do with anything except for their genes.

How'd you find work, though? I'm scared to go job hunting. What works?
>>
If I liked Cowboy bebop and Studio Ghibli stuff what else might I like?
>>
File: Eva never ends.png (252 KB, 367x306) Image search: [Google]
Eva never ends.png
252 KB, 367x306
Neon Genesis Evangelion, like I have done every day for the last three months.
>>
>>27179519
I'm pissed about how I got my job honestly. You always hear the connections are the way to get jobs, and I personally think its terrible that we've gotten to that point.

My friend told me to talk to someone in my town that he works with. I went over to the place, a shitty cafe in a rough part of town, and talked to the manager for 5 minutes. She just wanted me to come in the next week and start training. It was all under the table for a good couple weeks. Didnt even sign any tax forms for the first month I worked there.

I'm in no place to be giving advice, but keep your head up, check out your local job services for bulk job offers, and stay off drugs til you land one. (Had a hard time with that one personally)
>>
>>27179599

>friend

Oh...
>>
>>27179560
bible black
itadaki seieki
>>
>>27179133
>watching anime
It's like you're not even trying to make it
>>
hey guys I'm in need of some advice. i recently got into anime. i think it's really awesome, I have only watched knights of sidonia, psyho-pass and attack on titan. i like them all. but what should i be watching? any recommendations?

i guess i would prefer some of the more violent and graphic nature, and if it is on netflix that is a plus. thanks brothers!
>>
>>27179610
Sorry that's the problem for you anon. I'd offer to be your friend but talking to people over skype that I dont know kinda freaks me out.
>>
>>27179758

>I'd offer to be your friend

Don't worry about it, it wouldn't work out. I used to dislike skyping people when I played MMOs as well.
>>
Ore Monogatari
It gives me hope
>>
Probably rewatch welcome to nhk
>>
>>27179756
I have really pleb taste but here's some recs
>Akame ga Kill!
>Baccano!
>Princess Mononoke (Or any ghibli movie but you said violent)
>Tokyo Ghoul (didnt like it personally)
>Blue Exorcist

Might think of more but thats all thats coming up now.
>>
>>27179133
seeing if I'm still banned on here
>>
Bounen no Xamdou.

I feel it's a break from a lot of the completely stale tropes of the mainstream, but it's kind of weird.

It seems this studio wants to make their animation stand out by adding interesting dynamic elements (such as characters accidentally spilling things, tripping over, etc) but it's often choppy and out-of place; it kind of seems like the characters spaz out randomly in the course of their activities.

Some of the character interactions look a little forced and exaggerated too.

It's like the studio genuinely cares but just tries too hard.

The story isn't really drawing me in that much either, although I thought the character introductions and developments are pretty solid. Maybe it's because I've been bingeing on series recently and my brain needs a rest from anime again.

It has its style and a certain dignity, which I can respect, but I'm just not blown away yet.

>>27179229
Would you recommend it to someone who likes loli?
>>
>>27180088

it might be a little too young for you unless you're really odd
>>
>>27179885

First two should have been ok, but Ao no Exorcist was just disgusting.
>>
>>27179133
I finished watching Oreimo

it was nice, has incest.
>>
>>27179133
Started Madoka today.

It's kind of slow and shitty to start but apparently it gets better later on so I'll stick with it I suppose.
>>
>>27180260

/a/ has gone tsundere over Madoka but it really is god-tier.
>>
File: 1448513130075.jpg (105 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448513130075.jpg
105 KB, 800x1200
I watched the first season of Durararara for like 4 hours straight today at work.
>>
>>27180283
What's the deal with the movies?

There's like three of them, are the first two just the TV series with better production values while Rebellion is the "End of Evangelion" of the series?
>>
>>27180402

Pretty much yes, although there's some very minor George Lucasing of the ost and a few scenes.
>>
>>27180402
Not the other anon, but I really enjoyed Rebellion for the end of the series. Really shows how the characters fill into their post-series roles.
>>
>>27180458
Rebellion is mandatory viewing.

Madoka helped with my depression. I hadn't felt feels prior to watching it in months.
>>
>>27180402
>>27180458
rebellion was a fucking mess
I had no idea what they were trying to do half the time
>>
>>27180283

meh. I don't think it really is.
It has a few interesting ideas, but overall I didn't understand what the big deal was.
Sayaka was annoying (chooses to suffer then de facto kills herself because emo), the red haired loli was a walking cliche, thermodynamics is disregarded (Kyuubei: the universe is "losing" energy), time loops were already done by Higurashi, Madoka is another god mc (where have we seen that before, Lain/Haruhi?), Mami appeared in like 3 episodes in total as a plot device.

I guess the tension between QB and Homura over influencing Madoka was intriguing, as well as the grief seed thing, but otherwise, I don't know. Also I thought the whole magical girl energy-harvesting idea was a little unnatural and seemed kind of tacked on. They could have developed the story without explaining who QB was or their motives, would have probably made the series even darker.

But I admit the music is indeed god-tier.
>>
>>27180546
Did you really have to post all those spoilers like that.
>>
I rewatched Akira and am now re-reading the manga

Tetsuo was one of us, I think
>>
Recommendedations please, in the mood for serious/psych/action
Nothing girly, no slice of life, I prefer non-Ecchi, nothing with a lolita or anything shallow
Exceptions are shows like
>one punch man
>daily lives of high school boys
>nichijou
Last time I ask r9k you guys have me NHK, pretty good. Don't fail me. If it's one of the above genres, but at least has a fair and deep story, I'll take it.
>>
>>27180716
you sound like a bit of a fag
>>
>>27180734
Anon I just want good stories
>>
>>27180716

In that case I would suggest Boku no Pico by Natural High. The word "Pico" refers to the greek prefix "pico-" referring to the scale of 10^-12 metres, a scale at which atoms and smaller quantum particles exist, and one can expect to see a clever infusion of quantum principles and theories weaved into the structure of the narrative.
Granted, it's an OVA, but it's a riveting and well-written psychological drama, with plenty of action in OVA 2 and 3 that brings the plot to a satisfying, profound and intellectually stimulating resolution.

Heartily recommended.
>>
>>27180894
I'm not new faggot. People that get shocked by that are Normies. Reeee.
>>
>>27180602

Akira is literally the beta uprising
>>
File: 1454512014150.jpg (65 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1454512014150.jpg
65 KB, 604x604
>>27179133
A Certain Scientific Railgun S.
>no season 3
>>
>>27180935

If you haven't came to boku no pico at least once you don't even belong here.
>>
>>27180940
yea this. Tetsuo is literally r9k incarnate
>>
>>27180716

Well I'd recommend one of the big three shonens

One Piece

Naruto

DBZ

or watch some of the classics , Akira , GITS , NGE , Cowboy bebob
>>
>>27180952
Did I saw I was not a faggot or a new faggot?
>pro tip: actually read the posts
>>
>>27180716
>serious/psych/action
Eh.
Ergo Proxy
Psycho-Pass
Monster
Paprika
Paranoia Agent
Ghost in Shell
Gungrave
>>
>>27179133
From The New World is the most underrated anime out there.
>>
>>27180716
>serious/psych/action
Assuming you have seen NGE? It gets posted so much I can't imagine you haven't seen it.
>>
>>27179133
FullMetal Alchemist (The original)

I've only seen about 9 other shows don't hate
>>
Started Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time today
People say it's pretty great. It's made by the same guy who made Hunter X Hunter which i really liked.
I'm 7 episodes in so far
>>
>>27182072
I saw Yuu Yu Hakusho on TV when i was a kid, now I'm 19, it's a good anime.
>>
just finished Soul Eater NOT! and it gets way too much hate for the genre change, I thought it was a pretty good spinoff.

I'm also thinking about rewatching cardcaptor sakura or just something light and happy. need something that isn't too plot heavy so I can draw while watching
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.