[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High school is the worst part of life, r-right? It only gets b-better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 475x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 475x550
High school is the worst part of life, r-right?
It only gets b-better?
>>
Ha.

I fucking wish it got better.
>>
File: bd-old1.jpg (65 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
bd-old1.jpg
65 KB, 604x453
just think to yourself... when is the last time ANYTHING got better?

also enjoy your ban
>>
Fuck yeah it does, only exception is if you'll be poor.
>>
>>27179022
It actually was for me.

>bullied at school
>bullied at home
>no real friends, only other loners like myself
>no girls interested in me
>ugly and skinny
>want to be mallgoth but school dress code won't let me

Then as soon as I graduate I went full mallgoth and got laid with a 9/10 qt goth girl who was also my first girlfriend and then I started to make friends with new people as well.

Although that was years ago and now the recent NEET spiral has been pretty shit.

Anyways, it's your life senpai, take control of it. I should do the same.
>>
>>27179022
Kek

The ride is only beginning
>>
>>27179096
>nobody in highschool is 18
>>
File: pepe41.jpg (6 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
pepe41.jpg
6 KB, 250x166
Let me tell you the cold, hard truth of the matter.

High school is the springboard for the rest of your life. Doing well socially? You're probably going to do well in college. Doing poorly socially? You're in a bad place.

Your work ethic, which will determine your success in university or the trades, is cultivated there. As are your miscellaneous talents, which are put together in extracurricular activities. If you have no work ethic and no extracurricular, you're in a very very bad place.

Your anxiety isn't going to magically vanish in university. If anything, it'll get worse once the safety net of your parents is pulled out from under you. While normalfags flourish and thrive, you will suffer and eventually drop out from the pressure.

Depression is another matter. The stress and demands of university will strain your tolerance of other people, as will the need to room with another person. High school doesn't have those demands, you will come home to your family instead of having to deal with public rooming and showers.

So yeah, get your shit in order or it'll be terrible.
>>
>>27179223
>eastern europian hellhole where both high school and university take 0 social skills to finish
>>
>>27179169
Not him but where I live, high school only goes up to grade 11. So everyone who's graduated is at most 17, sometimes even 15 or 16 if they're smart as shit and skipped a grade.
>>
>>27179022
No, it actually got waaaaaay worse.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse anon
>>
better, but not good
>>
File: uproariouslaugher.png (85 KB, 279x192) Image search: [Google]
uproariouslaugher.png
85 KB, 279x192
>>27179022
>High school is the worst part of life, r-right?

ahaha

ahahahahahahah

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>It only gets b-better?

*sniff*

no, anon

no it does not

t. 29 year-old (year 15 was the best and that's the year planes hit the WTC, ffs)
>>
>>27179223
This anon put it perfectly.
Assuming you're in your senior year, it might be to late for you unless you can reinvent yourself.
>>
>>27179022
Depends. Some parts are better but bills suck
>>
college > high school > wageslave adult

From personal experience. College isn't the best though for the reason normies tell you. It's great because you have infinite free time and nobody gives a shit if you're alone.
>>
>>27179135
Goth girls don't judge on looks there actually really nice people
>>
>>27179440
well yeah they actually sort of do. They're not looking for a Chad but they are looking for a guy that looks good within the Goth aesthetic.

There's nothing wrong with that, and I knew that, so I dyed my hair and grew it out and wore nailpolish and eyeliner and had spikes in most of my clothes and adopted a goth attitude and looked good as a goth.

If I had been the same wide-eyed kid from high school who just wore Nike sweatpants and white t-shirts with a haircut from his mom she would have never noticed me and right fully so.
>>
>>27179276
In burgerstan theres plenty of 18-19 year olds that are still in hs
>>
>>27179432
>infinite free time
Not for all majors.
>>
>>27179364
>be me
>be Canadian
>be 30 year old, almost 31
>grade 11
>be in French class
>knock at the door
>Mister What'sHisFace the English teacher who's a dual citizen American/Canadian
>he briefly whispers something to our French teacher
>he looks really troubled and serious even though he's always perky
>he steps into the class
>(in French) "I just wanted to let you all now... that... America has been attacked... I..... I don't know... the school will give us further instructions.... thank you"
>he walks out
>...
>"YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY"
>most of the class start smacking their desks and making howler-monkey noises
>finish school early
>nothing good on TV except for people flying out of burning buildings
>go back to school the next day
>all the Jews are throwing milk cartons at the Indian kids thinking that they're Muslims.

and that was my 9/11 experience
>>
>>27179022
High school is conditioning to real life, real life is high school
>>
High school isn't the worst, but it gets better after high school if you're not totally worthless and you actually do something with your life. I hated high school, it was like a prison that I kept going back to every fucking day.

I collect expensive and unusual military weapons because I'm a huge fucking gun nerd and I don't really need much else in life. The only times I get laid are when I take girls out to the range, for some reason it makes every girl soaking wet.
>>
I didn't really fall apart until I went to college. It practically ate me alive.
>>
>>27179364
>*sniff*
*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*
>>
>>27179915
>a wild BRAP-post appears

doing god's work anon
>>
>>27179022
It sure was for me, but I got beaten savagely most every day.

Life afterwards isn't "good" but at least I'm not being tortured by older children whilst apathetic "authority figures" look on.

My advice is to get a hobby and develop your own system of values.

Also, never forget their names and faces, that way when you torch your former tormentor's house with their family in it fifteen years down the line, it'll be a surprise.
>>
>>27180312
Damn dude that's fucked up. Did they not have security or something? I never saw people getting beat up at my school. Everyone just ignored each other.
>>
If you're studying hard and you manage to enroll to a good uni then yes your life will get better.

If all you're doing is smoking weed and having fun all day, it only goes downhill from there.
>>
File: 1408683194371.png (786 KB, 712x503) Image search: [Google]
1408683194371.png
786 KB, 712x503
>highschool sucked
>tfw it really did turn out to be the best part of my life

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
FUCK THIS
>>
>>27179574
This. I'm a "wageslave" now and have loads more free time, shitposting on here and vidya at night. HS and College completely sucked. Adult life is amazing.
>>
>>27179022
If you make it better. Embrace stoicism and rise above the plebs.
>>
it gets somewhat better. study play video games stay up all night. graduate look for a job. be that weird guy at work. pay off school for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1383583913790.png (25 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1383583913790.png
25 KB, 645x773
>didn't even get to go to High School
>>
File: 1448912598521.jpg (19 KB, 238x276) Image search: [Google]
1448912598521.jpg
19 KB, 238x276
>>27179022
>struggling in HS
>"everything will be better in UNI because there will be tons of people similar to me"
>everyone are so different
>cant adapt
>spend time drinking in dorm and failing classes
Fuck i hate uni.
>>
>>27179022
it only gets worse

if you can't keep a job you end up homeless
>>
No not really. Uni is turning out to be just as shitty as hs.
>>
>>27179022
Life is the worst part of life.
>>
>>27180414
It always happens just behind the scenes; they get you in the bathroom, between classes or on the way to and from school.

There are people in every school who actively look out for kids to victimise.

Know them and mark them well, they grow into bad folks.
>>
File: 1457468297810.png (99 KB, 447x275) Image search: [Google]
1457468297810.png
99 KB, 447x275
I'm 28, let me share my experience in a nutshell
>High School is horrible
>College is much better, but not like how 80s and 90s movies made it seem, that life is for chads.
>Post College sucks. You will most likely have a few years of being a NEET or wagekek and be miserable.

Use this time to figure shit out, like those wagekek bait posts where the NEET uses his free time to study and learn skills. Find yourself.

It CAN (not will) get better, it just may take about 5-10 agonizing years.
>>
>>27179022
Anything education related was the best time of my life.
Working is just not my thing though....
>>
It gets better, Anon.

I dropped out, went to vocational school, got my ED got a welding certificate, went to community college and transferred to a state school and got a BA in Archeology.

Did that for 4 years, living out of hotels and cars and now I'm doing L2 support at a mobile development company.

I live with and intend to propose to my best friend and girlfriend, so we can watch animu, fuck each other senseless and have no kids til the world crumbles around us.

I have no idea how I'm this lucky.

But high school is the thing that matters least, if you hate it, get a fucking GED and just go to CC and bust your ass. Go to a semi-decent school and pursue something that will get you work, or get certified in a trade.

You will not be rich. You will be able to provide yourself a life in which you can be comfy in your off time. That's all you should be concerned for. Don't run yourself ragged trying to get laid, or get rich because they're ultimately hollow pursuits.

Just try to be happy.
>>
>>27181837
The hardest part actually is finding what you want in life. After you know that the motivation comes almost instantly but if you have no ambitions in life it's just gonna be meh and dull
>>
File: 1448059251394.jpg (120 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1448059251394.jpg
120 KB, 450x450
>>27180628
God damn fucking this. I hated highschool and just wanted it to end. But now I'm realizing that as much as being bullied everyday and wanting to kill myself sucked, at least I could hang out with friends and not give a shit about anything.
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310 KB, 580x282
>>27183034
The worst part is finding out what you want can't support you, much less a family.

Achieving the dream, and then finding it to be worthless was a particularly painful thing for me.

There's still writing I guess, everyone tells me to write.

But instead I just skate by, somehow retaining a job I shouldn't have, feeling like a weird imposter every day. Worried eventually someone is going to notice I don't belong in the tech industry.

I can't code, script, or develop architecture. I'm a passably nice person, and can help people use hardware and applications I already know how to use.
>>
>>27182931
is welding hard?
>>
>>27182931
Not really all that hard at all.

It's more like teaching yourself to write legibly while blindfolded.

The visor that protects your eyes is super dark and your work surface is pretty much invisible until you start the weld, and then you can only see a little bit.

It takes a decent amount of manual control, and knowledge of your machine and the material your working.

But all this is stuff you can learn, it's not "hard" in any conventional sense.
>>
>>27183034
>tfw found out what I want
>know what I have to do to get there
>my current living situation perfectly fits my goal
>still no motivation to do it
Trauma will do that to you
>>
>>27183289
>waaaaaaa my ptsd
Sounds like you have little bitch syndrome
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.