[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bros whats a cool topic for my english presentation it can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1457896838015.png (563 KB, 1358x707) Image search: [Google]
1457896838015.png
563 KB, 1358x707
bros whats a cool topic for my english presentation

it can LITERALLY be anything as long as its interesting

i was thinking about some ghost town or an unexplained mystery but maybe someone of you has a better idea
>>
God Emperor Donald Trump
>>
Centralia, nigger
>>
>>27177668
How the Jews have conspired to take control of society through dominating the media and global banks.
>>
The vaginal jew
>>
health benefits of rectal prolapsing
>>
>>27177668
The failure of the occupy movement.
>>
Well what are you interested in (that is not autistic as shit), to do a great work you NEED to be invested in the subject
>>
>>27177705
doing it on a person is kinda lame and everyone is doing it

>>27177728
i dont know what that is. Do you mean the city, and if yes: which one?

>>27177752
interesting but it shouldnt be over 10 minutes and i cant think of a way to compress that topic into such a short time period

>>27177765
that sounds inappropriate

>>27177790
medical topics arent that interesting in the most cases imo

>>27177791
pretty big topic, you could write a book about that stuff

>>27177818
basically anything thats interesting and not much talked about. (as i mentioned in the OP post things like unexplained mysteries, stuff thats everywhere but no one really thinks/know about it. Something like that)
>>
Break rule one and two. Talk about this website.
>>
>>27177863

Ive seen videos about 4chan presentations, chances are im making myself look like an autist

even though i agree that there are some interesting things about this website
>>
File: 1371150692570.jpg (157 KB, 475x324) Image search: [Google]
1371150692570.jpg
157 KB, 475x324
OP here again

id also appreciate it if you had a picture with a cool story behind it, that works well every time

will post some that i dont want to use but which are good examples
>>
>>27177846
Sleep paralysis desu famn :^)
>>
>>27177889
If you care about not looking like an autist, do a normie topic like the 9/11 conspiracies, or the moon conspiracies
>>
File: 1416678112079.jpg (114 KB, 790x533) Image search: [Google]
1416678112079.jpg
114 KB, 790x533
>>27177953
another one

itd be about the class seperation in china or whereever that pic is from
>>
>>27177964
Oh, this is a good one too. Also lucid dreaming.
>>
File: 1453831788561.jpg (278 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
1453831788561.jpg
278 KB, 680x650
>>27177964
>>27177989

pretty good. Maybe i will do it. Another student already did one on lucid dreaming so i will search on a little bit and if i dont find something better i will take this one :)

>>27177969

9/11 conspiracies would work great because normies would be "le mindfucked" also i could use pic related (guaranteed normie laughs)

moon is also cool but no one would believe it
>>
>>27178067
But theres also the probability that someone could get offended in your class, whether it be a teacher or student
>>
>>27178100

i live in Austria so people dont really get offended by 9/11. The teacher is a feminist but i think she will know that its just a joke.
>>
>>27177846
Mental health, I did it once because I really wanted to shine a light on the problems. Even though I never ever mentioned my own experiences some attached the subject to me (maybe it isn't hard to tell) and they really appreciated the talk and had a nicer attitude to me.
>>
>>27178160
good idea but another student already did one on schizophrenia so mental health stuff is pretty much out of the way. People get bored when they hear something about a topic twice i think
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x441
harry shitman
>>
>>27177846

Google Soviet Bone Music
There's a podcast called 99% Invisible that's about the limits of design; the Bone Music episode 15 minutes long.

The basic gist of the phenomenon was Soviet dissidents using trashed X-ray plates to make counterfeit copies of western records to sell on the black market during the Stalinist regime. In order to combat it, the government decided to flood the black market with faulty copies rather than try and crack down on the production of them. This resulted in buying bone music corroding into a crapshoot because the real ones were so rare they became impossible to find. You would end up with an Elvis record that stopped 30 seconds in and switched to a Russian official yelling that listening to the record made you a traitor for fifty minutes.

Shit was insane. The Soviet people were figuratively expressing the need for counterculture by scraping western music onto discarded images of the citizens insides. Check out the podcast, and then go from there if you find it interesting. There's a decent but of research that exists on the phenomenon.
>>
>>27178381
thanks for the suggestion! Thats the stuff i wanted to get when i made this thread; I will look into it
>>
>>27178469
Sure thing. I'm an architect and am writing my thesis in Soviet avant garde shit. Happy to spitball interesting things about the art and the period.

George Costakis is another good topic. He was a Greek Russian national who single handedly saved over two thousand works of Russian Constructivism from the Stalinists and is the reason that works by dozens of famous artists survives to be hung in museums today. Costakis tried to take his collection to Greece in the 70s or 80s, and the Russians threatened to gulag him unless he left 51% of it behind. So there are a thousand works of original Soviet artwork currently hanging in a museum in mainland Greece because homeboy Costakis fucking saved it from basements with his bare hands under the cover of night for thirty years
>>
>>27178286
Real talk he was my doctor when I was a kid
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.