[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My tale and a question for robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: beta orbiter.jpg (92 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
beta orbiter.jpg
92 KB, 500x393
>@@ year old soldier, in between GFs. Some friends set me up on a blind date.
>Meh, there will be food
>My date is gorgeous: dark brown hair, pale skin, blue eyes, C to D cups, brilliant smile
>Go to dinner: she is smart, funny, a little shy, , 19 years old and brought a teddy bear with her on the drive from college. We agree to meet again in 2 nights, another double date
>Another great time, she is wonderful - within days we are GF/BF
>After 4 months I propose, 2 months later we elope, she was a virgin on our wedding might
>She tells me over and over that no boys were interested in her in HS and she went to a women's college
Says she was a late bloomer and in band so boys ignored her. Whatever
>Go to spend some vacation with her family. He mom is pretty disapproving (because my wife left college to marry me) but her dad is Bro-tier cool
>Me and my FiL are on the deck smoking cigars and drinking whiskey when I say how surprised I am boys ignored her in high school
>He snorts and coughs hard, choking and laughing
>Gets a grip, tells me
>"Boys were around her like moths on a bug zapper, she just never noticed!"
>Explained that when she was a 15 year old HS freshman he had to warn off 2 seniors - she never noticed they were after her; that she would have 8-9 different boys ask her to every dance - she thought they were just 'being nice' since they knew she had never had a boyfriend; that when she joined the swim team the crowds doubled, mainly boys; that one of her male teachers asked my FiL if he knew how much attention she got and how he had trained her to handle it - she literally never noticed
>He told me there was one guy in particular
more
>>
>>27176847
>That kid was named Steve
>Steve had been coming over to the house since he was in 7th grade with my wife
>FiL told how Steve called all the time, worte all the time, and was always there - and she never thought of him as more than a friend
>He told me how Steve would bicycle the 6 miles between his house and hers to 'say hi' or to 'check on the homework assignment' 2-3 times every week, even in Winter (in Michigan!)
>When she left for band camp? Steve was there to see her off
>When the family went on vacation the Summer before their Senior year? Steve volunteered to help them pack the car for the trip even though he wasn't going
>If she was sick Steve would call her mother to check on her
>I asked, but my FiL confirmed she only ever saw him as a friend, never anything mroe
>I asked if he thought Steve deserved a shot, he said
>"Fuck Steve - he never made a move. His parents, me, my wife, the teachers, other kids - everyone, EVERYONE, knew Steve loved her and he never. Said. A. Fucking. Word. to her about it. Cowardice, pure cowardice. I mean, everyone else knew and there was *no way* he could be more embarrassing than chasing her around"
more
>>
>>27176952
>So I mention Steve to my wife, say his name came up
>She said
>"You know, I had a terrible crush on him Sophomore year. But he never said anything or gave any sign I was more than a friend. By the end of the year I figured he was just going to be nothing but a friend and I moved on"
>Visit ended, she and I went back to our house
>Nine months or so later my Mother in law calls me. My FiL had told her to call
>Steve had called her. He chatted with my MiL for a few minutes then said
>"Is your daughter still married to that soldier?"
>My MiL had said yes, and that I was out of the army and going to school while working
>Steve had been obviously disappointed and hung up after that
>My MiL warmed up to me after that, told me years later 'I realized that you were much better than Steve and I should be nicer t my SiL'.
more
>>
File: goebblesarcanine.jpg (215 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
goebblesarcanine.jpg
215 KB, 1264x1460
>>27177022
So - Steve was obviously a Beta Orbiter of great power. But if he had just said something, said explicitly what he wanted and how he felt, he would have had at least a shot.
My question - how many of your robots are like Steve - you never told her how you really feel?
>>
>>27177054
>Oh, if a few of you answer I will tell you the rest of the Story of Steve
>>
File: lloyd-the-conqueror-2.jpg (80 KB, 460x317) Image search: [Google]
lloyd-the-conqueror-2.jpg
80 KB, 460x317
>>27177071
Bump for answers
Any robot able to respond?
>>
>>27177054
Another bump
for low justice
>>
>>27177054
I'm actually terrified by the concept of knowing the answer to that question. Can you imagine the HUGE amount of dissapointment I would feel? All those missed chances, all those girls I thought I never had a chance with - it would leave me paralyzed. There are things best left shrouded in mystery.
>>
File: what did you just say.gif (1 MB, 236x161) Image search: [Google]
what did you just say.gif
1 MB, 236x161
>>27177596
I know the answer
>Had a crush on a girl in HS, never work up the nerve to talk to her
>Years later, getting my MBA, bump into her. She kids me about how she used to doodle my name in her notebooks and had a crush on me
>MFW
>>
>>27177694
Did you try to set things straight though? Please tell me you didn't just laugh along.
>>
>>27177788
I told her I had had a crush on her.
She and I sorta' chuckled a little and then she left to meet her husband
>>
>>27177054
>how many of your robots are like Steve - you never told her how you really feel?
the thing is there was never any girl
they were plenty of chicks i'd like to bang but i wanted nothing more from them
im almost 22 kv
there is that one girl (pure qt virgin) who has a crush on me for 3 years now
shes a qt and i like her but i dont wanna be with her (i like her too much to just pump n dump)
I just want to feel something more than physical attraction to some girl
i want to know what love actually is (if it exists)
im pretty ok with being a virgin few more years to find some qt i'd really like
im only affraid one day it might be too late for me

now continue ur story OP
>>
So she crushed on him sophmore year but never made a move either. How is that not also pure cowardice? How is she any different from Steve?
>>
>>27177694

same sort of thing happened to me. i was in my mid 20's when i realized girls expect you to make the first move and will do nothing if you don't, even if they really like you.

anyway, too bad for steve. sounds like you married a great girl, OP.
>>
>>27178114
>12 years of never saying anything versus 3 months of not saying anything. Plus, she let him walk her to her door a few times and he never tried to kiss her even when she lingered
>>
>>27178157
>3 months is the same as one year
Regardless, the time doesn't make a difference. Yeah, Steve did a lot of cringeworthy shit and I'm not saying he wasn't a coward for not asking her out, but she is capable of expressing her feelings, right? How is it justifiable that she never did anything that could even resemble romantic intentions (I don't count lingering at the door a romantic intention)? Steve bent over backwards to attempt to display his affection, at least that's something.

I'd go as far to say that Steve is much less of a coward than the woman who couldn't do anything to show that she had feelings for Steve.
>>
>>27178229
For women, the reasoning behind inaction is the following: If she shows she has feelings for him, then she demonstrates exclusivity to him. If she demonstrates exclusivity, then all other suitors are discouraged from going after her. If they are discouraged, then they lose interest in her, and she loses the attention she received from them. In other words, revealing she has feelings for someone before blatant courtship occurs from the male's side has an opportunity cost inversely equivalent to the aggregate interest all other suitors have in her. In her mind, it is therefore better to do nothing and keep her options open - even if none of them materialize into a legitimate relationship
>>
>>27178110
More on Steve
>The wife and I move after I graduate, then she gets pregnant
>Break down and get Facebook to share pictures with our huge families
>About a week later Steve joins Facebook, his first friend is my wife
>He starts putting up pictures - literally EVERY ONE has my wife in it somewhere. Eventually something like 150 pics, all with her, she is tagged in every one
>Baby is born, all is going well, decide to visit her parents with the munchkin, mention this on Facebook
>Get there, oohs and aahs over the baby.
>Next day Steve calls - he 'just happens' to be visiting his parents,, too. Would love to say hi. I tell my MiL to invite him over
>He's about 5'9", already balding, but blue eyes and in shape the way so many guys under 5' 10" are and the sort of nervous where he never looks you in the eye
>My in-laws hug him, introduce me, we shake
>He sees the wife and the baby and I can see it hit him, really hard. But he is cool and says all the right things, very nice.
>As he's leaving I say something like 'hey, it isn't that late, why don't we go get a beer?'
>I essentially won't take no - we go out to a Legion hall (Ah, the Midwest)
more
>>
>>27178346
Stop posting so little. Post the whole fucking story or fuck off. Your writing is not even entertaining.
>>
>>27178346
We obviously want more, continue you fucking faggot
>>
>>27178346
>He's really nervous, we order some beer
>After the second one when I am just talking about sports and the drive and where is good BBQ? he loosens up a little.
>Ask about him - he's going for a PhD, wants to be a psychologist and work with kids. he's nice, he's funny, he's got a future
>I ask him if he's dating, he says no. I push a little. he admits he's never done much more than grab dinner with a girl once and then usually with a group of people, only one on one once
>Aks him why not he says 'well, none of them seemed like the right girl for me'
>Tell him how I met my wife on a blind date. He's amazed. Tell him how we met on the date, hit it off, and were married so soon after
>Can tell he's half pissed off and half amazed
>I urge him to just take a chance, try it, and see what happens
more
>>
>>27178450
>>27178421
I'm typing this out on a netbook, guys - a little patience
the short entries are to make more speed
>>
File: 1456795147585.jpg (213 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
1456795147585.jpg
213 KB, 746x718
>>27178498
Alright SoldierAnon, we'll comply.
>>
>>27178480
>The wife and I head home with the munchkin
>about 6 months later Steve calls me, asks me for advice on where to take a 'nice girl, like [my wife]" I give him some advice
>About 3 months later the wife is telling me there are new pics with different women in his feed
>after about a year it is the same woman, a lot
>He calls me, asks for advice on how to propose, I tell him to keep it simple and just ask - she says yes
>6 months later they're married, we can't make it (another kid was born the next day) but they both look very happy in the photos
>Tempus fugit; a year later they are expecting a kid, too
>Flash forward - last year Steve and his wife and daughter came to visit us and we all got to meet.
>He thanked me for the advice; they are all very happy
>We send presents back and forth every Christmas
>We never talk about his past crush
there it is
>>
>>27178650
Sounds like a cool friendship OP good for you. But you also sound normie as fuck so GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1457239059222.gif (113 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457239059222.gif
113 KB, 500x500
>>27178480
That's a nice gesture IMO. I have been kind of where Steve is (except she was an ex because I'm not a wuss). It feels insulting when someone won the lottery on a beautiful woman with a good personality, then just tells you to try blind dating. I mean blind dating is mostly a way for girls to pawn their meh friends off, only maybe 1/100 women are that beautiful, and they are probably less likely to be going on a blind date. You dont replace a 1/1000 chick like that overnight, and it's best to be prepared for a future where you are alone forever.
>>
Its hard to have sympathy for Orbiting honestly. The thing is you can either man up and ask/tell the person you like that you have feelings for them and get rejected or work it out.

Or you can beta orbit forever and ever and then not only be crushed by the fact she found someone but also realized all the time you wasted could've been used to presue other people.

Women are a dime a dozen, there is no perfect Onitis.
>>
>>27176847
>>27176952
>>27177022
TL;DR

tried killing yourself?
>>
>>27178650

That's a nice end to a sad story. Glad Steve found somebody.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.