[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Depersonalization/ here? Have had it for the past week,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Depersonalization.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Depersonalization.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
Who /Depersonalization/ here?

Have had it for the past week, I'll get bouts from time to time but this one was driving me crazy at first.

At this point though, I'm starting to appreciate it a bit.

Anyone else have Depersonalization here?
>>
I've experienced it before. What does it mean?
>>
>>27176843
It makes you feel like you're watching your own life through a screen, you know that you're there and you still have control over what you say and do, but you barely feel anything.
>>
>>27176883
I know what it feels like. But is it correlated with anything?
>>
>>27177059
I'm pretty sure it's a type of anxiety disorder.
>>
>>27177059
Drug use

had it on and off for a year, you just read too much into everything and just want to sleep all day
>>
File: 1453672102951 - kopija.jpg (1 MB, 2485x1503) Image search: [Google]
1453672102951 - kopija.jpg
1 MB, 2485x1503
I've had depersonalization for 6 years now. It's okay I guess. You get used to it after 3 or 4 months famillia.
>>
>>27176801
For years ive had bouts of this stuff, its like a constant realization of , "wait, this is me?" and then while you are realizing it, it hits again and youve been staring at a wall for like 5 minutes
>>
Yeah for the past 10 years or so...
>>
>>27176801
>>27177114
Had it for 3 years now.

Started taking anti anxiety pills because it got so bad it felt like I was going to just disappear from existence at any moment.
>>
>>27177081
I get it sometimes and I've never done drugs
>>
>>27177281
yeah i was mainly referring to me but yeah it's mostly anxiety related
>>
>>27177212
your a fucking retard
>>
I've had this for a few years now. I dunno. I'd say since highschool and that's 5 years ago. It gets harder to hold motivation and stuff and it came creeping so I wasn't confident anything changed at first. It's like tinnitus. You get it and then that's what you remember silence being.

I've had two moments of.. connection let's call it. One was 2 years ago just after waking up one night. It was almost too good to be true. I could touch things and they'd give me a response in some way. It lasted about 15 minutes. Then for 2 years I really wish I hadn't had it. It made my issue perfectly clear to me and it made me feel way worse. (which has gotten hard to empathize with because I don't really feel do I?) My body tells me to do different things simply. I've been diagnosed with Depression, ADD and social phobia since. I told one of my therapists about it but she sortof brushed it off. Didn't even note it in my medical journals.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad to have right now. It makes me not care about if I'm tired, hungry, happy or sad really. It's just the direct effects of that that matter. So for instance either started working out 5 months back (still fat). First week I went pretty hard. 3 metric miles (30/1.6 imperial miles iirc) was my first day and I just added 5km to that every day. After 2 weeks with that every day I started to notice that my legs were starting to really shake a lot even when just walking. But I had lost like 3kg so that's nice. Took a break from that and do upper body. Similar intensity.

It's not something I'd be able to do normally when I was younger and didn't have this.

But since I started my diet I have to force down food to get to my kcal goal of 1700. This diet makes me more tired and I start putting off doing the biking. I decided to start at 17:00 but it's 21;00 and I haven't. I just get more indecisive unless I consciously decide to force myself. Different from just planning. I'm gonna go now.
>>
Had it for 3/4 months, got over it and is easier when you go out and do stuff
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.