[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I collect wisdom. What wisdom can you share? Here is some of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1452728301032.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1452728301032.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
I collect wisdom. What wisdom can you share?

Here is some of mine:

>for praise to be worth something, it has to come from a higher source, thus the object of praise lifts the praise-giver to a superior level.
>>
File: 1441552146769.jpg (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441552146769.jpg
150 KB, 500x500
>>27176556
>have really low self esteem and crave compliments on how hard I try everyday
>learn that people will give you praise if you do to them

>mfw reading that
>mfw no one respects me enough to even consider me as equal
>>
You have come to the wrong place.
>>
>>27176556
Try not to be a faggot

Dont roll dice with a guy called "bones"
>>
>It is easy to make people angry. If you want a challenge learn to make them like you.
>>
This thread is well above average and deserves to live.
>>
>It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I take this to heart every time I watch racing.
>>
Never make promises when you're happy and never make threats when you're angry.
>>
>>27176556
>It is difficult to find happiness within oneself, but it is impossible to find it anywhere else.
>>
>>27178537
did not mean to have trip on fuck
>>
Hello, /r9k/

You are familiar with the common saying, "I don't know how to carry a conversation with people"

The way I have managed to solve this has not come from trying to become a better conversationalist, but rather to make myself more interesting, be more interested, and most importantly of all, genuine. When you are interested, it is easier to understand what is being said, and the intentions being conveyed, as opposed to it being "small talk". Everything said by someone is a consequence of how their life has been up til now, and how they experience the situation they currently are in. Body language, use of words, dialect, sentence structure (this is a big one, when someone cuts their words short or in general mess up their sentence, they may be more stressed than they usually are), intonation, among else. If not to find about how the weather is, or how the water machine works, do it to find out how that specific human works. Everybody are individuals, and I find it rewarding to incorporate parts of people that I like into me and my behaviour. By doing this genuinely, I have made myself more interested, AND interesting. It helps very, very, very much, and has been a major contributor to my escape from depression. It truely has helped me this much to become as genuine as possible.

Gaze into the abyss, and become a monster. Look up to the heavens, and become an angel.

Do ask questions. I will happily talk about this subject.
>>
>>27178953
>"I don't know how to carry a conversation with people"
thats a pretty terrible saying. do people say that? its more of a statement of fact
>>
>>27176556
Do not leave the house. Do not leave the house. Never.
>>
>worry not that no one knows of you, seek to be worth knowing
>>
>>27178981
my bad xd
>>
>>27176556
discipline is a path to power
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 316x316
Life is just a thing. You only have so much time to live. Sounds like typical fag shit but go big or go home. It's never too late to do what you want to (dreams, asking a crush out) just do it

n o r a g r e t z z
>>
>No matter how gay you could be
>The biggest faggot is OP
>>
>>27178953
This is really useful m8, cheers
>>
>>27179884
All in a life's effort, anon.
>>
It isn't the cup itself that makes a cup useful, but the empty void inside it.
>>
>>27178953
What if ma shit is too fucked up
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.